Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 04:07 AM UTC
Try this... Dillon Aero M134D ....a breakdown of all the components & .pdf spec sheet.
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 07:03 AM UTC
That'll get yer "goose-a-cookin" Just gotta scale it up a bit, lose three barrels and yer HOT-BABY . Just right for "Shaun of the Dead" part whatever.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 07:45 AM UTC
sweet thanks but just thought id tell you guys legendproductions makes two different gatling guns in 1/35 with ammo cans and all for relatively cheap and much more like the .50 cal

Would this campaign start already,
Justin
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 07:56 AM UTC
@ Justin: You took the fun out of it oh well.

@ mgautreaux: That sounds nasty!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:18 AM UTC
I know this has been going on for some time, but I just noticed it I just don't check the scratchbuilding forum often enough.

Anyway, what's the time limit for this project? If I can still join, where do I go to join?

It sounds really interesting... and kind of liberating!

Cheers
Hisham
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:41 AM UTC
Hisham here is the link to the campign page. Enjoy!

It looks like I messed up, go to any thread that Herman is on and click on the End of Days banner at the bottom of his thread. Sorry for the confusion.

http://modelgeek.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=397

I may now have the correct link Hisham.

Yep thats it. Enjoy.

Bob
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
entire network: 6,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 276 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:28 AM UTC
Thanks a lot for the link, Robert.

Strange thing is when I went to that page I found my name among the enlisted.. while I don't remember enlisting in this campaign! Or does it enlist a member autimatically as soon as he goes to the page?

Anyway, the August starting date is great. Gives me time to see what kits I have that could fit the bill.

Thanks again
Hisham
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:49 AM UTC
With the post-apocalyptic world's shattered roadways covered covered by a variety of armed motor vehicles, I wonder if anyone has given any thought to the world's inland waterways and rail systems. An enterprising individual could make a mint running trade runs along the rails and a nation's river systems.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 11:52 AM UTC
Great idea GAB@:) maybe Our grand Puubba Herman and His Happy assistant Damian should open this up to the shipwrights so that they can cover our waterways.

Bob

Quoted Text

With the post-apocalyptic world's shattered roadways covered covered by a variety of armed motor vehicles, I wonder if anyone has given any thought to the world's inland waterways and rail systems. An enterprising individual could make a mint running trade runs along the rails and a nation's river systems.

AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 11:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gab, honestly, how could you think of MONEY at a time like this ?? The future of the ENTIRE human race is under threat and you seek to profit. No my friend, your fleet of rail stock and rivercraft is hereby confiscated . And your stash.

(How was that Hermon, I'm learning !)
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 12:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

sweet thanks but just thought id tell you guys legendproductions makes two different gatling guns in 1/35 with ammo cans and all for relatively cheap and much more like the .50 cal

Hi J.,
I think most of us planning road vehicles will be using 1:24 or 1:25 scale models so we'll have to scratch build our armament.

Hi GAB,
The Group Build/Campaign rules don't disallow any form of transport... I think it would be great for someone to do a boat/ship/helo/aeroplane. Probably we're all just influenced by what popular films have shown... Mad Max, Resident Evil 3, etc. ...all road movies.

Hmm, ya got me thinking now... anti-zombie airboat!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 04:39 PM UTC
Damian, hasn't Hollywood taught us anything about post-apocalyptic society? Merchants will work off the barter system. And we cannot let those rolls of toilet paper and boxes of Twinkies go to waste. Not to forget the massive nicotine fit that society will have. Now, if someone were to provide some sort of service by acquiring and distributing these items for a "tiny profit" then so be it. Gotta feed those huddled surviving masses. "Who runs Barter Town?!?!"

As far as my stash, have fun trying. To prevent poachers I've placed atop the stash a half finished Alan Wespe. It's a better deterrent than one of those huge boulder traps from the Indiana Jones movie.

Robert, actually I was kind of fishing around the idea. I had not even though about the shipbuilders. But it is a good idea.

Steve, I completely agree about movies influencing things. The possibilities really are endless.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 05:20 PM UTC
While I am thinking about it.....those going the 1/35 scale route may want to take a gander at some of the old Dragon Vietnam figures like the LRRP and Seals. They have a mixture of uniforms that give them a roguish and unconventional look to them. I think every one of them wears a different tunic or assault vest. Even the figures in Academy's Nam Gavin would work well with that unconventional look to them. I figure some of the crew f the Tamiya PBR would work well too.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 05:23 PM UTC
GAB I am with you buddy, the toilet supplies must be protected at all cost and bartered with a careful and strategic method So what do you think Damian can GAB keep his stash (pretty please) I will make sure that you are kept supplied with good TP

Bob
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 03:09 AM UTC
GAB, somewhere on this thread.....I think on page 2 or 3......I mentioned something about building a brown water navy. I had an initial idea of having a couple of converted "bass boats" armored up to protect the river trading along with a floating portable pontoon docking base complete with gasoline, food storage, ammo dump, etc. I got the idea from the Valentine series of books of a post apocolypse world in which aliens had taken control of most of the earth and sent out "Reapers" to control the humans.
Check out the enlistment page. EOD is open to anything and everything including water craft. I did this so that everyone would be included. It would be awsome if we had some floating builds and airborne builds to accompany all the land based stuff.

Remember guys, if you can think it up in your head and figure out a way to build it, it'll be good to go for this campaign. As long as it fits in with the whole end of the world theme it's all good.

While I'm thinking about it, all the talk about making money and proffit in the end times..........
After days and days of killing zombies, aliens, warloards, etc. guys will need to unwind. Aside from the usual hot food and beer guys will also want some relief from sexual tension. Since women will be hard to find in this harsh new world we'll have to take what we can get. Damian, being a fine looking fellow with a nice smile should be able to help relieve our stresses. All we'll need to complete the picture is some banjo music.

D, told ya your new job wouldn't be easy.

Hermon
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 04:39 PM UTC
hey, is Murph's still w/ us? Wasn't he planning a rail-something? And wassup wiff D doin' confascation-thing, Geeze, we just broke Cuda of that. Rob, if-in yer referrin' to the up-sizin of the vulcan, wait, I got things ahelluvalot meaner than that cookin ( big geese, big,big geese).
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 05:18 PM UTC
Ok mgautreaux the only big deadly geese I know of are the ones that fly low and pass loud noises disguising that awful smell. I still want to stick with the .50 especially since I was able to shoot one or two when in the navy a century ago Hey I am a bad dude ask any zombie. Yeah where is Murph

Bob
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 06:55 PM UTC
Hermon, I remembered your riverboat comment from earlier in this thread and am actually a bit surprised that someone has not stated their intent to go that particular route. I posted that hoping that someone may respond that they were going boating.

Anyway I basically concur with you on the trade and "recreational" aspects. I'd even add that non-grunts could find their place withing a community by providing required services. For example, I imagine a mechanic would be worth his weight in gold.

I figure the initial goods will be scavenged from pre-EoD stores. These will eventually run out and survivors will have to be reintroduced to food production. You could probably draw similar comparisons to the European Dark Age.

As far as books, I grew up on paperbacks handed down to me by my father. some EoD candidates were The Warlord series, The Survivalist series, Cadre Lucifer, & Endworld to name a few. Which reminds me of another EoD tip...find the military strategic storage sites.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 03:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As far as books, I grew up on paperbacks handed down to me by my father. some EoD candidates were The Warlord series, The Survivalist series, Cadre Lucifer, & Endworld to name a few. Which reminds me of another EoD tip...find the military strategic storage sites.

Dude....................somehow, somewhere down the line we MUST be related. Only thing I'd add to that book list would be the Ashes series by William Johnstone. Ben Rains, where are you?

Hermon
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 07:59 AM UTC
The Ashes series....I was trying to remember that one fro my previous post. Hmm, ever read any of the Casca books? How about any of the Hammer's Slammers books by David Drake? Ahern's "The Freeman" isn't bad either....at least as I remember. Dad passed along a horde of paperbacks over the years. A while back I traded in a bunch to a used book store, but I still have a bunch stuck up in the attic.

Oh I'll add an alien invasion book or two..."We All Died At Breakway Station" by Richard Merideth and any of the Berserker War books. Turtledove's "In The Balance". There's more of course. I might have to hit the old attic after it cools down and see what's all up there.

VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 08:30 AM UTC
Casca? Oh hell yeah......"A soldier you are, a soldier you shall remain, always." Barry was the man. When he died, the guy that kept the series going wasn't bad, but he wasn't as good a writer as the B man.

Alien invasion.....hmmm.......Footfall was good. Hell, I'd be tempted to start a book club and swap books if we didn't already have the same collection.
That's not actually a bad idea. I may post a list of some of my books on here at some point and send them out to you guys. Of course, ya'll would have to send them on to someone else when you've finished in order to keep the swap going. And.........we'd have to take turns reading to Damian......especially the big words.

Hermon
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 08:57 AM UTC
I just remember seeing the Barry Sadler "CASCA" series while at Dallas VA back in the 80's. Never got the chance to read any, so may be now

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 01:02 PM UTC
Poor D your making him out to be a retard dont worry D if you start to turn I will put you out of your misery.

Build On,
Justin
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 02:15 PM UTC
I too vote for the slammer's and the ashes series. I got to add Pournell's "World War" w/ the Saurons on Haven and the" Falkenberg Legion" set. Hey Rob, the M-2's good-thing! I have used it as is and w/ a AN/TVS-5 in single shot ( sneeky,sneeky) mode. I just got this gatling thing right now and the GAU-19/A is the honker of the bunch. Think I can get the real thing thru Wal-mart.com Oh, and where's JP And w/ D, I can help, I speak near fluent "Ozzitralian", honest, ask Brian!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 05:07 PM UTC
G'day all, just letting you know I'm keeping a close eye, and Hermon know's it takes more than a few back-handers to put me off my game. On that note, I thought I'd post a recent picture of myself to show you guys what a kind-hearted leader he is, and how well he looks after his troops .. . . . . .

I look much better when I put my teeth back in, honestly !!