Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 02:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is this campaign only for builds starting in august, or is it possible to join with a build in progress?

Kjell, this campaign is for builds starting only in August. If you've already started a build it wouldn't really be fair to everyone else to let you enter it. However, if you've done very little work so far on your project I could let it slide if you'll put it aside and wait until August to continue working on it.

So, just exactly what are you building and how much have you gotten done so far?

Hermon
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 10:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Is this campaign only for builds starting in august, or is it possible to join with a build in progress?

Kjell, this campaign is for builds starting only in August. If you've already started a build it wouldn't really be fair to everyone else to let you enter it. However, if you've done very little work so far on your project I could let it slide if you'll put it aside and wait until August to continue working on it.

So, just exactly what are you building and how much have you gotten done so far?

Hermon

I am building Gordon "the Zombie killer" Freemans heavely modifyed Dodge Charger from the game Half Life 2 episode 2. Some parts of the car is ready for paint, almost all the modifications is done on this vehicle. Paint and detailing is the part I'm not good at yet.

Some people would might argue that HL2 is not about killing and clearing this world of zombies, but there is quite a lot of them in the game.

I doing this build for the norwegain nationals in february 2011, I'm a slow builder, and even slower painter, so I have started early.

Here is a picture of the car in the game. It would be fun to make a small diorama out of this, but my building skills is not there quite yet!!

This is my versjon of the vehilce.
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 05:42 AM UTC
Hi Kjell. I asked the same thing way back-when ( pg 1 or 2). But I think the "Herr-mon-ator" is right so all my EoD stuff will be fresh-cut (new) for the campaign. Still wanta do a hemi powered "Lambo" for D.'s Chrysler vs GM thing.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 05:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Kjell. I asked the same thing way back-when ( pg 1 or 2). But I think the "Herr-mon-ator" is right so all my EoD stuff will be fresh-cut (new) for the campaign. Still wanta do a hemi powered "Lambo" for D.'s Chrysler vs GM thing.

Hey! phanthomred4:

Did I miss out on something? What is this Chrysler vs. GM thing you know that an old [350 4 bolt main] will still mop up the streets using a MOPAR as the mop

Bob
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 12:12 PM UTC
Kjell, that's way too much progress to allow for the EOD campaign. I'm afraid I couldn't let you enter the campaign with that one since some other guys had projects less complete that were'nt allowed. No reason you can't build something else starting in August though. Really nice build you've got.

Bob, you are no longer my friend. MOPARS rule forever.

Hermon
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 12:42 PM UTC
[snip]Bob, you are no longer my friend. MOPARS rule forever.[snip]

Cant win em all Herman that is my engine of choice this humble shade tree mechanic could not break it. Beautiful piece of work it would either blow away the competition or even after running all day on low oil or no oil I could still take anything. Pretty indestructible but hey! Herman it we all loved the same car it would be boring. I can still remember following Sox and Martin while in high shcool, now that pair of MOPAR crazies just rolled up everybody, even my boy Grumpy Jenkins in his Camaro or Vega back at ya Herman I am putting a 350 4 bolt into my 55 Ford F100 for this campaign. I need all the power and reliability that only a chevy can give in the mud and dirt.

Bob
PunyViking
Visit this Community
Akershus, Norway
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 10:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kjell, that's way too much progress to allow for the EOD campaign. I'm afraid I couldn't let you enter the campaign with that one since some other guys had projects less complete that were'nt allowed. No reason you can't build something else starting in August though. Really nice build you've got.

Bob, you are no longer my friend. MOPARS rule forever.

Hermon

No problem! This build is fun no matter the setting.

I will probably enter another idea I had for a model, but I'll wait and see if I can find the bits and pices I need before I enter your campaign!
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 11:16 PM UTC
Patience guys , we are now into May so only about 70 days to go or somthing .
Patience my #$$ !!!!!!!! Lets go out and burn some .
What do you want nurse ?
Oh ? Medication time
jackhammer
Visit this Community
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 03:49 AM UTC
I'm just impatient because this is my first campaign......that and my OCD is unmedicated except by Yuengling . I have other projects on the workbench but this really speaks to my Romero side (new movie coming by the way). Now, the wait is causing some chaffing, of which I enjoy, but I will remember what my mother said about patience..... "Jon, waiting will make it more sweet when it gets here. I love you. Goodnite, get some sleep, and remember, I can smother you in your sleep". Such sweet memories. Tender moments......
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Patience guys , we are now into May so only about 70 days to go or somthing .
Patience my #$$ !!!!!!!! Lets go out and burn some .
What do you want nurse ?
Oh ? Medication time

Hold out there Brian maybe they will turn their back and you can go out, kill something and then eat

Bob
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 01:26 PM UTC
Speaking of killin' and eating something..........the wife just cooked up the last of my deer meat from this past season. Guess it's back to beef from here on out.

Hermon
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 03:28 PM UTC
Just as long as you did not give the pets a name everything will go fine.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 03:42 PM UTC
You could always switch to PB&J..

Build On,
Justin
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 06:33 PM UTC
Kjell, even though your current project may not be used it should not dissuade you from continuing it and posting your progress...call it inspiration. I've been thinking about doing something similar with my in-progress zombie projects. BTW, longtime Jeep owner though I currently drive a Toyota 4x4 that refuses to die even after stewing in 190 tons of Chlorine for over two weeks.

While I am thinking about it...any thoughts on "the other side" being represented in this campaign? Maybe some undead forces...ala Army of Darkness meets Mad Max. Or demonic hordes in flamethrower monster trucks. Or alien assault troops and their wonder-weapons. Just some things to think over. Maybe catch the interest of some possible enlistees that might want to join but haven't thought of a subject. Could be used as a follow-up campaign too.

And just out of curiosity...once the campaign starts how do you want us to present it? Pic with something dated (newspaper, milk carton, etc.)? Trying to get my stuff together out of the spares boxes.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 08:34 PM UTC
GAB, those are some really good ideas what does the GREAT LEADER AND HIS ABLE ASSISTANT think on what GAB stated?

Bob
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 01:06 PM UTC
Well Bob you know what they say about blind squirrels and broken clocks. Anyway, I was just tossing out some ideas for this campaign for the undecided. As far as the enemy pov end of days campaign...I probably brought that idea up way too soon since this campaign hasn't officially started yet.

I jog every night and that's when I do most of my "hard thinkin". So blame the automobile exhaust fumes. It's actually a great stress reliever.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 03:17 PM UTC
Don't sweat it everybody's just busy with builds right now and life. sounds good to me somebody has to be dinner...

Build On,
Justin

P.S. you can eat zombies as long as you cook the salmonella out
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As far as the enemy pov end of days campaign...I probably brought that idea up way too soon since this campaign hasn't officially started yet.

Never too soon Gab, we've all been stewing over this for months now and there are some super plans being hatched whether it be on the good or bad side of the line. As Justin said, there are about 4 million Campaigns going at present (blame me for a few) and people are a bit distracted. Never fear though, as the date draws nearer this Campaign thread will heat up, and come start date it will be the centre of the universe !!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 12:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GAB, those are some really good ideas what does the GREAT LEADER AND HIS ABLE ASSISTANT think on what GAB stated?

Bob

The great leader thinks those ideas kick major a** and should be impleminted ASAP. I personally don't have the skills or know how to completely scratch build an alien space craft or fighting platform but If I did it would certainly be part of my entry. If anyone wants to give it a go then I'm all in favour.

Hermon
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 08:43 AM UTC
There's always the captured "alien techonogy" angle Wait I got it Phasers. Phreakin Phasers on my "Super- who Imprezombie" . That would be a big hit in the World War Rally Cup Anybody Got the plans for a photon potato launcher
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 01:08 AM UTC
Ah screw it!
If we're going the alien technology route, then I have a freakin' force field around my entire fort that draws power from the air around us. Plus, inside my personal quarters there's one of those food machines like on Star Trek where ya push a button and pizza and Dr. Pepper magicaly appear on a tray. Also, I have an unlimited supply of really hot looking female sex androids and.......uh, never mind.

Hermon
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 04:19 AM UTC
OK! Mopar, got the message. You are superior in every way even if it is in your own mind Now back to serious things who took my zombie bazooka, there are strange looking bodies gathering aroung my neihborhood and need to be eradicated Back to ya Herman (Mopar)

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 10:01 AM UTC
Hermon you forgot unlimited ammo and BEER

Build On,
Justin

P.S....sweet tea to.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 - 06:48 AM UTC
OK! time to crawl out of your rack and man the vehicles for a forage run. I am getting hungry and need to kill someting Herman, Damian. I get my teeth the 28th. and want to test them on some ghoul flesh, so lets get cracking.

Bob
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 01:22 PM UTC
Ah com-on, I was just horsin-around. You know ,if we (anybody) a machine (button) we could turn on or push, we could have anything, anytime, anywhere. Talk about power! But then if we had that, we wouldn't need it. Talk about being "Q"ed. , LOL,LOL,LOL, badoom, LOF, LOL,