Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 02:26 PM UTC
Hello Harv, I am sure Herman will allow that mess to join in on the fun. What say ye Herman/Damian

Bob
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 - 12:04 AM UTC
I say go for it HARV.
There's nothing wrong with recycling old kits and turning them into monster killers. Just don't forget to throw on a few weapons systems here and there.

Hermon
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 02:06 PM UTC
The Zombie/aliens/magic beer dispensing holodeck robotic sex slave days are almost here.EXCITEMENT!

Sorry
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 02:09 PM UTC

Dude, if you build one can I have it?

Hermon
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 05:21 PM UTC
Of course I will make 3.you Know what aussie will do if he finds out I only made us one.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 11:48 PM UTC
I had one installed in my Prado before I picked it up. Don't leave home without it !!

jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 09:02 AM UTC
We all good to fry dead flesh? I'm in with a Mad Max style gyro spotter/molotov bomber and a zombie crewed Nurglised king tiger.
For those that have never played Warhammer here is a what a Nurgle Tank looks like
http://chaos-space-marines.blogspot.com/2010/03/nurgle-rhino-teaser.html

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17638

And you thought we had problems!!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:26 AM UTC
Never played the game Jaypee but I've read all the books and they seriously kick butt. I'm totally ready to rock this campaign! 18 days to the kick off!

Get your butts in gear girls! The blood is about to flowwwwwww!!!

Hermon
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:49 AM UTC
Hi mates , If the campaign starts in 18 days would there be indications that somethings amiss about now ?
Cats going missing , rubbish bins knocked over , cars on the side of the road , engines running , no one at the wheel .

VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 06:00 AM UTC
Brian, it so happens that on my way to work this morning I did see a dog and cat sleeping together. Also heard through the grapevine that a Mopar was beaten by a Chevy in a dragrace somewhere..............THE END IS NEAR MY FRIENDS!

Grab your welding torches and scrap metal everyone. If we're gonna survive this we'll have to build some damned awsome machinary!

Hermon
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,505 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 07:27 AM UTC
poor ol zombies......some of my best friends are zombies....anyone remember the song" 99 dead baboons"?
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 11:28 AM UTC

Well Herman you are an honorable man, mentioning that a Chevy beat your favorite vehicle. Even good things do happen to those who wait (me). Down to serious things school is over for 30 days but no rest for the tired and lost (me again) More time to study my entry will be a very fast build (4) days. The brown paper bag/glue/extra plastic/paint are ready to be shaken as soon as the start date is here so I can shake all of the ingrediants together.

Bob
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 02:46 PM UTC
Bob, it doesn't matter if it only takes ya 30 seconds to build. You're still gonna be around with the rest of us right? Or is it one of those " I HAVE NEW TEETH SO I CAN'T BE SEEN HANGING AROUND WITH YOU LOOSERS NOW" kinda things?

You da man Mr. Rippy!

Hermon
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 02:53 PM UTC
Only a little more than two weeks left. Two weeks too many! Was there something wrong with starting it on August 1st, Hermon?

Maybe I can just drink myself into a coma until it's time to start?
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 04:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Only a little more than two weeks left. Two weeks too many! Was there something wrong with starting it on August 1st, Hermon?

Maybe I can just drink myself into a coma until it's time to start?

Just pick up that Les Paul and teach yourself to play Scuttle Buttin, that should take a while !!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:34 AM UTC
Look dudes, if the rest of you are gonna stay drunk I ain't playin'. If you're serious about the whole zombie thing you'll understand that in all the movies the drunks and dopeheads are the first to get killed.

NEW RULE :
Everyone will stay sober while on duty so that Hermons fat arse doesn't get eaten by zombies. Drinking is only allowed AFTER the weekly supply runs/zombie round-ups. At that time everyone is allowed to drink freely and enjoy the strippers, barbeque and zombie torture entertainment.

Hermon - Commander in charge of everything in the known world whom you must obey at all times and do stuff for him.
OFaolain
Visit this Community
Ireland
entire network: 89 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 02:52 AM UTC
I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!

As about the only country that most likely don't got a nuke pointed at it, there's gotta be survivors from Ireland to save the rest of the world from the post Nuclear zombies!

Although, we only just got Starbucks and IKEA here in the Emerald Isle now, scratch that there's gotta be ICBMs heading our way as a matter of course now???

Glen
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:32 AM UTC
We'll rout the zombies of Kerry. An Dun Abu!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 07:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob, it doesn't matter if it only takes ya 30 seconds to build. You're still gonna be around with the rest of us right? Or is it one of those " I HAVE NEW TEETH SO I CAN'T BE SEEN HANGING AROUND WITH YOU LOOSERS NOW" kinda things?

You da man Mr. Rippy!

Hermon

I will be right here Herman, where else can I fit in with the hordes out there in this world of hurt Now with the new eating utensils I am dangerous to the zombie horde it is another weapon in the arsonal to make sure we put fear into them.

JAPEE is correct a [quote]Nurglised king tiger [quote] really looks mean and nasty and makes for a horde killing machine. Bring on the grills I am getting hungry.

Bob
mtnflyer
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 394 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 01:45 PM UTC
I've watched this thread develop from day one, and never really considered enlisting. Thats due mainly to the fact I've never scratchbuilt much. Also, I'm not near as proficient as the finer builders here. Plus, I'm presently working on three other campaign projects.

But, I'm having a great deal of fun. Having spent evenings working on these models, I wake-up happy the next morning. Who needs a TV.

So I'm thinking; What the Hay!!!! I may as well go for it. Especially, since my wife is quickly turning into a Zombie (mother-in-law already is one), and I'm soon going to need some serious protection.

This is what I have in the stash to kit-bash;

I'm also very impressed and inspired by threads like this:

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/159922&page=1

I figure my job is to come up with an original idea for a vicious, Zombie smashing machine that is practical. Then, all I have to do is build it and make it beautiful.

Perhaps I'll have an ale, and let my infected mind wander in the forbidden world for insight.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 01:57 PM UTC
Wecome to the mad house Glen and Guy!

Guy, if you've been following this thread since day one I'll bet the real reason you didn't want to join is because of all the freaks (living ones) in this campaign. Don't tell any of the others, but I feel your pain man. I had no idea when I started this thing that there were so many insane people around the world. I've spent many sleepless nights trying to figure out how to "dissappear" from these lunatics. They think I'm their leader when in reality I'm scared to death of them.

Anyhoo............welcome new guys! Sharpen your knives, loosen those glue caps and prepair for the end. In 15 days we shall make history!........well, we'll start building some really cool stuff at least.

Hermon

ps: If you haven't already enlisted, click the "campaigns" button at the top, go to "EOD campaign" and hit the enlist button.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wecome to the mad house Glen and Guy!
Hermon
ps: If you haven't already enlisted, click the "campaigns" button at the top, go to "EOD campaign" and hit the enlist button.

Or just click on Hermon's EOD banner !!

Guys, just quietly, don't pay too much attention to our leader. He's become obsessed, almost posessed, occasionally depressed, turns up undressed (to parade), too often stressed, he just needs a rest !!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 02:17 PM UTC
This, from a man banned from the Victoria zoo for playing naked in the monkey cage.

Hermon
mtnflyer
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 394 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 03:01 PM UTC
Gentlemen; Thankyou for the warm welcome to a fun campaign idea.

(Honey, I think I'm gonna need a couple more guns on the machine )

Guy
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 03:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This, from a man banned from the Victoria zoo for playing naked in the monkey cage.
Hermon

Hey man, it was a family function, nobody told me the public would be there !!!