Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 05:12 AM UTC
Nice work Hakan. I told you that it'd fit in great over here.
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 953 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 07:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh really?I'm glad to hear that...
Thank you so much GAB....
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 05:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Oh really?I'm glad to hear that...
Thank you so much GAB....

Yep. Both Matte and me posted it on your original thread for this build over on the AFV Board.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 06:02 PM UTC
Update:
My boat is basically done but I'm still not happy with it. I'm thinking of redoing the upper hull. It just looks like I threw something together. Since I have the current upper hull removable I can put it back on if the rework doesn't pan out.
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 140 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 05:58 PM UTC
Holy crap, this thread has gone dormant! I am making headway, after moving and rethinking this project for the better part of the last three months...

Where I was at at the end of yesterday when I started laying out the pieces I had, and prepping and painting the interior. I've had to make some major chassis cuts to allow for the bigger tires. I cut apart two side skirts from an old 1/35 M113A2 I had, but will probably only use the smallest of the three for some rear protection. The front chopper is painted, the blades are a 50/50 mix of Vallejo Model Air Gunmetal and German Grey, and the center bar is Vallejo Model Air Steel, as is the rear bumper plate.

Scratchbuilt 1/24 scale M61A1 Vulcan 6 barrel cannon. After looking at it, I should have probably used brass rod instead of plastic to account for the inevitable warping with the plastic. This will be taking the place of the two rocket launchers I previously was mounting on the hood. Lesson learned.

Cut out a square of the hood to place the motor and battery system to run the chopper up front. I also picked up some aluminum mesh that's about the right scale for 1/24 chain link fencing. It's going on both windows, the engine deck and most of the windshield area.

Cheers!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 06:19 PM UTC
@ Hakan: awsome support truck.

@ Matt: I like your stylish ride, bad enough too keep up with Justin's nasty ghoul slayer. As for dormant thread, the slimes have sucked out many of our troops brains. We will need to recruit more troops for the protection of civilization.

Bob
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:39 PM UTC
Thank you Bob.....
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 11:30 PM UTC
'Tis providence ! I was sorting through the cupboard over the weekend and dragged out the GAZOMBIE to try to get some more done over the next few weeks. It struck me that this build had ground to a halt after the departure of our leader and I should really stir things up again, and behold here we are with some updates !!

Hakan, I apologise for not commenting earlier but your build looks superb my friend, excellent work !!

Matt, your high-speed unit is coming along beautifully, can't wait to see it progress further !

I will be throwing some more paint at the GAZ shortly, so keep an eye out for updates !!

Cheers guys, and thanks for keeping the remaining human population safe from the evil hordes .

D
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:23 AM UTC
No problem Damian....You're very kind...Thank you my friend.....
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 08:44 PM UTC
I only just found this thanks to a post from Matt in the What If campaign thread. I'd have loved to participate but given the current end date would not make it in time...

As there have really only been 4 builds posted to date can I suggest it be moved to the actual Campaign forum and given a time extension? It might attract more interest....I'd definitly be in if there was an extra 2 or 3 months....please?
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 04:20 AM UTC
Sean,

I haven't seen anything from our Campaign Administrator for a while now, and I agree, it's an odd place for this campaign to be residing in. I'll contact Gary Kato and see if he hears anything from the current administrator. If not, I have no issues in taking over for Hermon (VonCuda) and asking for an extension to possibly Dec.15 of 2011 (four month extension) to drum up a little more interest.

Glad to see I got somebody to take a look!

Matt
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 06:10 PM UTC
Nice job Hakan and Matt! Glad to see that people are still working on their builds. I have been steadily working off and on with my build, but have been very lazy about taking pictures. I think I'll take some quickie cell phone pictures just to put up some progress shots.
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 06:18 PM UTC
Adam,

If you are going to post, post in this thread:

http://armorama.com/forums/162765&page=1

That's the official campaign thread. I forgot and started posting updates here, but will be switching back. The campaign page originally linked to this post, but not the official one, which has been fixed.

Matt
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 10:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice job Hakan and Matt! Glad to see that people are still working on their builds. I have been steadily working off and on with my build, but have been very lazy about taking pictures. I think I'll take some quickie cell phone pictures just to put up some progress shots.

Thank you Adam....