Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 08:09 PM UTC
]quoted]Hop Hop . . . BOOM Hop Hop . . . BOOM Hop Hop . . . BOOM

Look Ma, exploding Easter Bunnies !!!

No son, Uncle Reggie's been playing with Landmines again

Who ME ??? Never, wouldn't DREAM of such nastiness [quoted]

D. your a baaaad boy what would Bugs Bunny do to you if he heard that you were using his down under cousins for target practice

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 08:13 PM UTC
Adam is that one of those pink zombies come to terrify your little ones.

Bob
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 08:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

D. your a baaaad boy what would Bugs Bunny do to you if he heard that you were using his down under cousins for target practice

Bob

But Bob, its Wabbit Season. Oh, hold on, it's Duck Season. No, it's Wabbit Season.

Never mind, they'll all end up as red and grey smears on the foliage just to be safe. Zombie Wabbits tunneling under our defences, Zombie Ducks dropping Zombie Duck Goo from above. No such thing as cute and cuddly critters any more.

SHOW NO MERCY !!!!!!

P.S. Steve W, right there with ya on the Milla Jovovich thang bro

Adam, that furry bad-boy is DEFINITELY not to be trusted, answer the door with a TAZER hehe
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 02, 2010 - 09:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Steve I noticed that you changed you avataor to a more appropriate campaign eye catching skull and crossbones I like it.

Cheers I just need to ask Uncle H's permission to rob his EoD banner and add it to my profile.

Quoted Text

I just sent off for that 1955 Ford F-100 kit (1/24) what is going through my head at this moment smells like burning rubber. WOW!!! Too many ideas to play with on that frame, .50 over the cab, a cage of some kind on the bed, running boards for various attachments, windsheild covers to close up tightly and gun ports, Herman type monster wheels with chariot style scythes, a flamable fluid spraying nozzel under the rear (like in Thunder Road with Robert Mitchum) to light up all that is in pursuit of my little truck.

Aww, shoot! You've got every one of my ideas there! (not sure what this smilies represents but it looked appropriate... is he yawning? I thought it was a baby screaming & thumping).
I even snagged a Hasegawa 1:24 Jeep - cheap on Ebay - for the .50cal M2... although I'll have to scratch a few copies of it.

i just hope no one else thinks of doing a post-apocalypse Morris Mini!

P.S. Just collected the '55 Cameo & Stepside p/ups, a '59 ElCamino, a '60 Bonneville hardtop and a 59 Impala (should've been a '58 but the guy sent the wrong kit). One/some/all of these are for the EoD & Demo Derby camps... VonCuda FTW.

P.P.S. ...oh, forgot, also a Revell 'Metal' flat-bed trailer for the rig I wanna do for EoD... didn't someone mention we needed cages for captured/experimental undead???
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 05:47 AM UTC
Umbrella Corp. As in Ultra Violet? Hot idea # 3546. A hedge row cutter (W W II) thats actuated. It can be hooked up to drive sprockets. Kinda like a hedge trimmer The faster you go ,the more you mow
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 07:07 AM UTC
Howdy All

Just an old Armorama veteran finding his way back to the great neighbourhood that is Armorama.....

Stumbled across your 'End of Days' thread and was happily reminded of a couple of apocalyptic styled builds I was involved in many, many moons ago here. If my old synapses serve me, I believe it was called 'Twilight 2K'??

Anyways, I kinda zipped through this thread and found it quite interesting and was wondering if anybody can tell me if this thing is 'on', or not. And if so, when it is starting/stopping?
Reason? Got a few ideas runnin' through my head that have been bouncing around up there since I built my T2K Landship gun platform by the name of 'ELVIS' way back when.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated by this old {used to be a fixture around these parts} soldier.

TIA

Semper Fi!

Tread.
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 07:18 AM UTC
Hi Tread,
Thank you... you actually answered a question for me I'd seen 'T2K' mentioned elsewhere and could find no trace of it (although the search engine on this forum is terrible!) so now I know what it is/was.

Anyway, allow me to reciprocate... here is the End of Days Campaign page fyi.

Message for M. - the Umbrella Corp is in the Resident Evil films.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 08:02 AM UTC
Howdy Steve,

Many thx Sir for taking the time to respond, and for pointing out the Campaign link

I'm glad to see this Campaign hasn't even started yet, that gives me a tad more time to potentially consider my slightly off-kilter ideas and perhaps consider joining in the festivities...

As to the T2K thing, it should be in the archives somewhere I would suspect...but you should remember, it transpired over 5 years ago!

Again, thanks for the heads-up pard'

Oh, and BTW.......here's the T2K Search results, just C&P ; - )

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=35&g_id=128&page=1

Semper Fi!

Tread.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 08:14 AM UTC
And, now that I've re-remembered how to at least post a pic, here is a the only surviving photo of 'ELVIS '.....one of my entries into the 2004 'Twilight 2K' Campaign.

A wee bit 'weird' I admit, but a lot of fun to build all the same....and I had a LOT of support and help from all of the members here at Armorama during the process....good times that

Semper Fi!

Tread.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hello Gordon:
Nice build (a heavy support vehicle) cannot wait to view your entry. Took a look at your profile/photos nice work. I too was in the construction industry in Colorado (Wickes Lumber / Installed Insulation Longmont) Anyway back to killing the zombie horde that infests this earth like Steve W, Adam, and Damian we are having to scratch our .50 cals for 1/24 scale vehicles. Oh, if you missed Hermons thread on scratching monster size wheels on his, I think it was an El Camino it would be an enjoyable view. I forgot the build log, will do some research for ya.

Here is Adam's build log for his Appocolypse build.
http://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/148577&page=1#top

Bob
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 04:00 PM UTC
That build was actually for the ACUTR campaign, just so you don't think it's for the End of Days campaign. It is a shadow of things to come, though.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 251 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 04:31 PM UTC
T2K is in the Kitmaker "Campaign" Photo Gallery. I forgot who was the leader on that campaign. I do know that he lead that campaign well for 2-3 years.

T2K is a wargame that has some rules and regs found online. You can search under wikipedia for it.

It was a fun campaign, more so in that the T2K world wasn't as bleak or low-tech as Terminator or Fallout per se.
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 - 04:53 AM UTC
Hey Tread. That HEMITT's fabulous. Boy howdy, I' m glad I dicthed that idea, I would have never topped "Elvis"
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 02:48 AM UTC
Well I'm a happy boy tonight !! I won the raffle at my local modelling club and my choice of prize was easy. There were a couple of ships (not into ships), a couple of 1/72 WWII aircraft (closer to my taste but not my scale), a LeMans McLaren (tempting), and then there was this, a perfect companion to my APOCALYPTEBAGO . . . . . . . . .

Now I'm sure I can do some damage to this kit !! Need a name though, maybe the GAZ 66 will become the GAZOMBIE 666.

For the newcomers here, a reminder, this is the APOCALYPTEBAGO . . .

I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway, MAN this is gunna be SO MUCH FUN !!!

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 03:18 AM UTC
Damian: I like the GAZ 66 now that cargo bed has endless possibilities. Cant wait to see the finished GAZOMBIE 666.

BOB
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:17 PM UTC
TreadHead, this campaign is on for sure my man!
And might I say.....Elvis kicks some serious buttocks! Don't forget to enlist for the campaign. Just click on my banner and it'll take you right to the sign-up page.

Damian, I'm affraid you can't use the GAZ since it was won in a raffle. The rules on the enlistment page clearly state that I am in charge therefor I make the rules. Also, you must send me said GAZ for further inspection........I may or may not return it to you.

Robert, please don't encourage Damian. It's hard enough to understand him with his outback hillbilly tongue.

Oh, and welcome aboard to all the fresh meat.....er...uh....I mean new guys! Only 5 more months before the zombie slaying begines!

Hermon (Commanding General of the Free Forces of Southern Command and educator of Aussie hillbillies)
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:23 PM UTC
And while it's on my mind.....
Here are a couple of ideas for a campaign ribbon / death medal:

and

Just some ideas. If anyone comes up with anything better that's cool.

Hermon
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 366 Posts
KitMaker Network: 93 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:42 PM UTC
Hermon those ribbons look way cool , can we have both ?
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 02:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Damian, I'm affraid you can't use the GAZ since it was won in a raffle. The rules on the enlistment page clearly state that I am in charge therefor I make the rules. Also, you must send me said GAZ for further inspection........I may or may not return it to you.

Robert, please don't encourage Damian. It's hard enough to understand him with his outback hillbilly tongue.

Hermon (Commanding General of the Free Forces of Southern Command and educator of Aussie hillbillies)

Ok, that's it, I'm joining the Zombies. Mutiny guys, our leader is becoming a dictator and trying to steal my models by subversion. Anybody within a 500km radius of VonCuda Central check your stash security, he's no longer to be trusted. The power has gone to his head and corrupted any sense of teamwork and cameraderie.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 03:10 PM UTC
Boys boys now let it be known that I am able to arbitrate the interested parties. I have access to a real .50 and will use it to keep moral and order among the hierarchy and the troops just remember together we stand, apart we stand alone, and the horde can smell it Herman I like them both and I am with Brain, can we have both?

Bob

kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 08:25 PM UTC

hi hermon

those medals are great especially the 2nd one
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 02:25 PM UTC
I vote number 2 that is bad #$& and Damian hold onto your kits man.You might want to call umbrella and get some of there laser security.
Im also feeling like im going to do a Dio.Maybe Ill have my "HELL WAGON"(my fingers in the air in quotations)rolling over some skulls like terminator the would be cool ahhhhhhhh the ideas just keep getting better and better.

Build On,
Justin
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 02:33 PM UTC

look what I found sweeeeeeeeetttttttt.

Build On,
Justin
kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 - 08:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I vote number 2 that is bad #$& and Damian hold onto your kits man.You might want to call umbrella and get some of there laser security.
Im also feeling like im going to do a Dio.Maybe Ill have my "HELL WAGON"(my fingers in the air in quotations)rolling over some skulls like terminator the would be cool ahhhhhhhh the ideas just keep getting better and better.

Build On,
Justin

hi justin

what scale is the skull base? with "HELLWAGON"rolling over the top it will look awesome.
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Ok, that's it, I'm joining the Zombies. Mutiny guys, our leader is becoming a dictator and trying to steal my models by subversion. Anybody within a 500km radius of VonCuda Central check your stash security, he's no longer to be trusted. The power has gone to his head and corrupted any sense of teamwork and cameraderie.

Oh no your not, ! We're stuck with you, pal!