Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 06:22 AM UTC
What's this about free kits?

Only a little over 4 months left!
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 - 03:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HEY! D, Adam, JP, adamsmasher, kevinc, Bluestab, Murph, KoSprueOne, Keeperofsouls2099, Tonyfr, Jesper, Herman has thrown down the gauntlet and what is your answer? I will galdly keep the earth safe from those dastardly ghouls and pick it up by saying I would enjoy a yearly foray and throw my hat into the ring to help out. I have nothing better to do anyway
Robert

The heavy hitters need eyes and ears, so I am still favoring a smaller & faster vehicle to serve as a scout vehicle on a Mutt or Hummer chasis. But I still have a trio of M3 halftrack running gear that is just screaming to be built into something, maybe a scavenging hauler. Either way, I have a little something-something to go along with the vehicle...something made a bit easier to pull off thanks to MasterBox.

And while I am thinking about zombies, there's a site called The Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency. It's a fun little site and they have a message board for all of your zombie discussionary needs.
F.V.Z.A.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 04:28 AM UTC
Hey GAB,
You are a brave soul to venture out on your own. Best of wishes and hopw we see you before any thing bad happens to you.

Robert
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 05:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey GAB,
You are a brave soul to venture out on your own. Best of wishes and hopw we see you before any thing bad happens to you.

Robert

Gotta feed and provision those huddled masses and the local WalMart ain't gonna last forever. Besides, one never knows who or what they may encounter while out and about. That's what my "little something-something" is...the focus of the scout vehicle's encounter. Anyway, I think this encounter should prove interesting, surprising, and a bit ironic. And no it's not ninjas or aliens.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 01:21 PM UTC
I was getting worried since I have not heard from several members of this Zombie Killing Unit. There needs to be a roll call, so who is out there and needs help from the rest of the unit?

Robert
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was getting worried since I have not heard from several members of this Zombie Killing Unit. There needs to be a roll call, so who is out there and needs help from the rest of the unit?

Robert

I'm here Rob, I'm just keeping my head down because Hermon sent some of his Zombies around to eat my Pontiac !!

SSSSSSSShhhhhhhhh !!!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 03:52 PM UTC
Well D. thats what you get for having a Pontiac

Robert
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 04:23 PM UTC
Pontiac?? You need to get some new wheels Damian!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 12:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well D. thats what you get for having a Pontiac

Robert

Yep, walked right into THAT one, didn't I ??

Quoted Text

Pontiac?? You need to get some new wheels Damian!

The Pontiac is an inherited restoration project, a '69 Parisienne 4-door pillarless, 307 Chev, 2-speed PowerSlide Auto, stacked twin headlights, canadian fisher body, and LOOOOTS of work required. My daily driver is a 3yo Toyota Prado 4WD.
kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Robert

southern fightback (uk) has had to lay low for a while,searching for a new mode of transport looking for a light but tough grocery getter.....i think i've just found one
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Pontiac is an inherited restoration project, a '69 Parisienne 4-door pillarless, 307 Chev, 2-speed PowerSlide Auto, stacked twin headlights, canadian fisher body, and LOOOOTS of work required. My daily driver is a 3yo Toyota Prado 4WD.

Well, in that case you're forgiven.

I can't say too much being that I drive a 2002 Toyota Corolla.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 05:15 AM UTC
kevinc, how is the situation in the UK, really? Are there enough troops to keep the populace safe or do you need to have a conference with the general staff (Herman, Damian) about reinforcements?

Robert
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:31 AM UTC
While there are still oaks to cut Shillelaghs from, and zombie skulls to crack like eggs, we'll need no reinforcements.

Of course you are all welcome to the soggy isles to feast on deep fried battered brain burgers

I'm off zombies for Lent, but come Easter I'm gonna have a blowout and feast on them good ol dino steaks.

I remembered where that dino idea came from. "Flesh" story in 2000AD, and in some of really early issues, for sure I'm
showing my age
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:42 AM UTC
...and the roads of Yorkshire should be safe with what I've got planned
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

While there are still oaks to cut Shillelaghs from, and zombie skulls to crack like eggs, we'll need no reinforcements.

Of course you are all welcome to the soggy isles to feast on deep fried battered brain burgers

I'm off zombies for Lent, but come Easter I'm gonna have a blowout and feast on them good ol dino steaks.

I remembered where that dino idea came from. "Flesh" story in 2000AD, and in some of really early issues, for sure I'm
showing my age

Is it me or does everything taste better when it's been battered and deep fried?

With the Flesh story... that depends, did you read it when it came out, or later?
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 07:09 AM UTC
I'll keep ya guessing with that one, but I'm not ready to hang up me zombie stomping boots yet
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 07:41 AM UTC
@Adam J. Butler: everything is better deep fried.
@Steve W: nice job with the axe, can we use the head for some head cheese?
@JP: what kinda boots are you using to stomps the crud out of the nasties?

And dino steaks sound real good at the moment

Robert
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 08:57 AM UTC
The beautiful thing with scottish fast food is that *everything* is battered and deep fried
Sausage? Yep
Haggis? Yep
Pie? Yep
Burger? Yep
Pizza? Yep
Mars Bar? Yep

As for boots? I'll stomp those purple nasties in flip flops if needs be.
And gie them a pusfull o hieders, the CJD brained wee corpse f&$kers.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 10:28 AM UTC
Well JP is alive and kicking, as a matter of fact he is on a rampage along with Adam, Steve W, and D. So Herman alls well with your troops

Robert
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 12:09 PM UTC
Well, that's good to know Robert.
I got moved up the ol' ladder a couple of notches at work last week. More money but way less time at the workbench now........ ..........
Seems like when I'm broke all I wish for is more money for models and supplies, but when I start making good money, I have no time left to spend it.

Anyhoo........................
As acting General of Southern Command and all the forces arrayed against the zombie infestation of Earth (at least durring this campaign) I thank all of you brave soldiers for slaving on in my absence. One day soon.....very soon....we will all stand in the falinx together and send the undead to Hell for good (minus a few body parts).

Thank you again brave soldiers!

This has been a recording. If you'd like to reach the General, wait till the beep and leave a brief message.

Hermon
kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

kevinc, how is the situation in the UK, really? Are there enough troops to keep the populace safe or do you need to have a conference with the general staff (Herman, Damian) about reinforcements?

Robert

looks like JP and steve w have the north covered ,unless we hear from some survivors in the midlands it looks like its under zombie control .We might have to send out 2 scouting parties to meet up for a weapons/provisions trade come august punishment is going to be dished out by the bucket load
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 07:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The beautiful thing with scottish fast food is that *everything* is battered and deep fried
Sausage? Yep
Haggis? Yep
Pie? Yep
Burger? Yep
Pizza? Yep
Mars Bar? Yep

As for boots? I'll stomp those purple nasties in flip flops if needs be.
And gie them a pusfull o hieders, the CJD brained wee corpse f&$kers.

Never had any scottish food (which is a crime, given my heritage), but if it's deep fried it's bound to taste better. Even Haggis!

I have some Dr. Martin's for zombie stomping!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 02:15 PM UTC
Are you serious Adam, (Doc Martins) and you are getting them dirty. My son would have given you a hard time, that was the fad when he was in High school back in 1996. I thought they were too much money for what you got Anyway as long as it's fried its good.

Robert
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 04:41 PM UTC
Since I feel like death worn over I figured I'd lay out my plan for this campaign. Maybe get a bit of feedback on the idea.

Okay, I'm sticking with the fast-mover/little buddy scout vehicle. I'm still undecided on whether to use the tiny Mutt or the larger Humvee. These scout vehicles travel ahead of the heavier transport vehicles. They map out road paths and radio back any discoveries.

Anyway, the vehicle has been modified to offer protection to the crew as well as to offer some added creature comforts. I'll add a cooler, a radio (music), and maybe some "contraband items" that the crew has requisitioned for themselves. Modifications for crew protection swill differ depending on which vehicle is decided upon....mesh over windows, beefed up front bumper, etc.

This particular scout car has driven out into the countryside, foraging ahead of the heavier transport vehicles. They have come across another group of foragers. These foragers are riding on horseback and are Native Americans. The mechanized scout crew stops and are speaking with the Indians. Both parties are a bit wary of the other.

At this point I have no plans of including any hostiles for the end of days scenario such as zombies, stiletto wearing succubi, or cloned "internet-tough-guys". I am hoping that the base will tell the story of the end. Maybe a few abandoned cars and maybe a hastily dug grave on the roadside.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 02:00 AM UTC
Adam, I'll stick with my Army issue Bates, of which I'll have several pair in reserve. Remember, if they get goon blood on them they're potentially infectious.

GAB, love the whole direction you're going. The mesh windows are cool, but you may want to back them up with some drilled out plexiglass or it's equivilent because of the above mentioned reason.
Personally, My semi truck and it's accompanying scout car (71 CUDA') will sport armored windows with eye slits. When the end comes, zombies may not be the only enemy to deal with. I'm sure there will be some local gang warlords here and there that won't want to let go of their supplies and will be more than happy to liberate us from ours.

Hermon