Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 - 10:00 AM UTC
[snip]Kevinc, according to that link........................there are even more of us out there. We're like the sick brotherhood of zombie killers. [snip]

Herman, Damian: the problem is that there are too many politicians and not enough of us to take care of the zombie/slime that infests the earth. We do need the MONSTER TRUCKS AND CARS THAT KILL, KILL, AND KILL ZOMBIES on one pass as Damian has pointed out.

Robert
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 04:56 AM UTC
Hey everybody, I see that ya'll are alive and well . I take it (see) the humor is still acute! There is nothing new on my end. Just a lot of prep/ fine- tuning.I like this "Vices" thing I think Damian came up w/ ! Hummm, Croc tamalies! Gotta run, Be back tommorrow, Yaz, you been warned
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 07:20 AM UTC
HEY, croc tamalies do sound good, what about croc fajitas. Damian do you think you could come up with a recipe?

Fajita seasoning
olive oil
bell peppers
onion (lots of it)
corn tortillas
and no unanounced guests

HEY JP, whatcha got to drink for a thirsty crowd of dusty road warriors?

HEY Hewrman, do you make Alabama White Sauce? I love it on my burgers, I bet it would go good with the croc tamalies.

Robert
phanthomred4
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 44 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 - 05:04 AM UTC
Rob the fajita is good, hell, anything grill'd to soak-up the beer is good. Now to get side-tracked, I stumbled , on to the Accurate Armor site and flip when I saw their up-coming Jackel 4x4( 1,2) and Coyote 6x6. I found out that they're used by brit spl.ops. Take a peek, then tell me if a cabriolet version , (w/ tubes and mesh), of a LAV-III or LAV-25 isn't hot
GenPatton
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 01:44 PM UTC
I plan to join too..but I'm having a bit of a scale problem, i'd love to build something in 1/24 scale with either a stock Silverado or Tahoe kit, armor it up, add supplies and provisions and throw in a whole bunch of guns, but i realized there wasn't much out there in terms of weapons in this scale..so this idea may have to be shelved.

Another 1/24 idea involved scratchbuilding one of my favorite trucks and tricking it out for zombie hunting - http://www.truckpaper.com/images/Truck/fullsize/80757494.jpg (International 4400 Crew Cab)..Sourkraut does a cab kit for such a truck, but I'd have to do most of the other work myself. This however still does not solve the 1/24 weapons shortage.

In 1/35, I'd probably start out with Italeri's 1/35 M923 truck kit, extend the cab to a crew cab size and do the armoring up, etc. Guns in 1/35 would be easy..Trumpeter and DML both put out extensive lines of modern weapons I could use.

Ideas guys?

-Awan
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 03:37 PM UTC
Awan glad to meet another brave soul in the fight against the ghoul hordes. As to the scale, if you dont want to scratch it just make the vehicle fit the tool/weapon. What do you say Herman, Damian, JP, Adam, Mark, Justin, Steve, mgautreaux, and all those that I did not mention.

Robert
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 05:15 PM UTC
Grrrrreeeeetings Awan, and welcome aboard the Zombie Express !!

I totally agree with Robert, the eternal struggle against the Zombie Horde is all about improvisation, so don't sweat the scale. I'm 6 foot 5 inches in the old scale and about 110kg, but if I have to go out and defend my home and family with nothing but a teaspoon and an old sock, then so be it !! I know these guys have got my back at all times, right guys . . . . . . . . . guys ?? . . . . . . . . GUYS ??????

This is gunna be SOOOOOOOOO much fun !!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 05:54 PM UTC
Damian your back is covered I kinda feel sorry for those nasty smelling undead. They have not got a chance with the crew assembled here.

Robert
kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 01:32 AM UTC

hi guys
here in the uk weapons aren't easily available as in the usa the fuel situation is worse so are food supplies and to make things worse we are up against cannibal human survivors and mutants as well as zombies
it looks like there's gonna be a lot of hand to hand combat .better get scratcbuilding those chainsaws and high voltage prods
GenPatton
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 02:59 AM UTC
thanks for the welcome guys! i'm really looking forward to having some fun for this build

i mean after all zombies are a bit of a hobby for me outside of modeling...read world war z, zombie survival guide, patient zero, watched all the zombie movies out there you can imagine..and occasionally I even get some zombie killing action in on left 4 dead 2 (pc game )

i might just go with a 1/25 vehicle and stick the 1/35 weapons in it..They'll all be inside so people will probably be a bit hard pressed to tell exactly the scale difference.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 03:44 AM UTC
Kevinc remember there is always soyalent green to fall back on when your food supply is non existent:_| Hey Damian does that stuff come from down under?

Robert
kevinc
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 08:11 PM UTC

rob we have already got soylent green its called macdonalds .......would you like fries and a coke with your brainburger
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

rob we have already got soylent green its called macdonalds .......would you like fries and a coke with your brainburger

Agreed!

Robert
RLHoward
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 88 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 06:05 AM UTC
Count me in on this one, have a CJ5 build for it with some of my new resin goodies which are undergoing developement (Yes, 1/25 scale weapons sets are included!). Should be fun!!!!!
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 09:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Kevinc remember there is always soyalent green to fall back on when your food supply is non existent:_| Hey Damian does that stuff come from down under?

Robert

You got it Rob, I'm working on a new additive to "de-toxify" Zombie flesh and process it into Jerky. I'm going to call it "Zoylent Grey-Green-ish"

Who's up for trying my first batch??

Cheers, D
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC
{quote}You got it Rob, I'm working on a new additive to "de-toxify" Zombie flesh and process it into Jerky. I'm going to call it "Zoylent Grey-Green-ish"

Who's up for trying my first batch??

Cheers, D[/quote]

Hey D. Fedex me some and I will provide a review (remember I am a California School Of Culinary Arts graduate class June 2006) BTW how do you transform jelly into a solid jerky

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 12:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey D. Fedex me some and I will provide a review (remember I am a California School Of Culinary Arts graduate class June 2006) BTW how do you transform jelly into a solid jerky

Robert

With my 11 secret herbs and spices

Reminds me of my Grandmothers recipe for cooking Cockatoo, a noisy, tough old bird (the Cockatoo AND my Grandmother )

Take a REALLY big pot, fill it with water, and any seasoning required. Place the cleaned Cockatoo in the pot along with a large rock from the garden, and boil. And boil. And boil.
Once it has boiled for long enough so that you can stick a fork into the rock, throw out the bird and eat the rock !!
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 01:51 PM UTC
Damn fella's!
You all have surpassed the all time record level of sickness. Eating cooked zombie flesh? What the hell??

Anyhoo.........I've been working like a bast**d the last couple of weeks and haven't had much time to hang out here, but re-reading this whole thread has made me think that the End of Days campaign just may have to be yearly tradition from here on out. Thought maybe you guys would like to take turns running each successive campaign and vary the theme from year to year. Just a thought. Any interest?

Hermon (original Zombie killer and General of Southern Command)
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 02:24 PM UTC
Having put waaaaay too much thought into this campaign, I'm left with having to ask this question for proper direct with the build;
Is the emphasis on this campaign to build a machine to "kill zombies" or mearly for an "apocalylictic earth roamer"...where an ocasional zombie would happen by?
...I need a focus here....
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 02:45 PM UTC
Bob, I ain't gettin' any younger dude. So.....eventually you'll have to learn to focus without me holding your hand, but here goes. The following is a cut and paste from the enlistment page and will hopefully enlighten you as to your project assignment.

Operational Overview
The End of Days campaign is self explanitory. This is a scratchbuilding campaign dedicated to anything relating to the end of humanity. Zombie infestation, alien invasion, nuclear apocolypse, any kind of total and complete breakdown of society.

So, as you can see there are many, many, many, many options. That's like really alot. Personally, I'm going to focus on an earth roamer (read tracked semi) with lots of bang stuff sticking all over it so that no matter what I run into I'll be good to go.

I'm tired. Leave me alone now.

Hermon

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 03:38 PM UTC
HEY! D, Adam, JP, adamsmasher, kevinc, Bluestab, Murph, KoSprueOne, Keeperofsouls2099, Tonyfr, Jesper, Herman has thrown down the gauntlet and what is your answer? I will galdly keep the earth safe from those dastardly ghouls and pick it up by saying I would enjoy a yearly foray and throw my hat into the ring to help out. I have nothing better to do anyway

Robert
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 03:41 PM UTC
Hey D, what does a rock taste like anyway? The ones that I have had were too bumpy.

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 03:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

HEY! D, Adam, JP, adamsmasher, kevinc, Bluestab, Murph, KoSprueOne, Keeperofsouls2099, Tonyfr, Jesper, Herman has thrown down the gauntlet and what is your answer? I will galdly keep the earth safe from those dastardly ghouls and pick it up by saying I would enjoy a yearly foray and throw my hat into the ring to help out. I have nothing better to do anyway

Robert

Hellyeah, I'm in !! I wouldn't dare argue with the General anyway. If he says this is an annual pilgrimage, SO BE IT !!

Quoted Text

Hey D, what does a rock taste like anyway?

It tastes like chicken, but then again maybe I don't cook chicken too good
VonCuda
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 04:18 PM UTC
Yes, and as General, my next order is that you will all drink this Kool-Aid that I've just finished mixing up.

BTW, I've just seen the pic's of Bobs (old-dragon) stash in his basement. Since Bob will obviously never live long enough to build those 400,000,000,000 kits, I propose (as General) that he donate each of us a kit to use in the next campaign. Bob, the Autocar kit and the backhoe will naturally go to me....of course.

old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 - 06:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, and as General, my next order is that you will all drink this Kool-Aid that I've just finished mixing up.

BTW, I've just seen the pic's of Bobs (old-dragon) stash in his basement. Since Bob will obviously never live long enough to build those 400,000,000,000 kits, I propose (as General) that he donate each of us a kit to use in the next campaign. Bob, the Autocar kit and the backhoe will naturally go to me....of course.

A] how many proof is that coolaid?
B]..you've been drinkin that coolaid haven't yah?....the kids and I got the stash of 399,000,000,000 kits!