Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
End of Days Scratchbuild Campaign
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:18 PM UTC
Go Go Robert, more game meat. Kangaroo, Crocodile, Emu, Snake, all on the menu here !!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Go Go Robert, more game meat. Kangaroo, Crocodile, Emu, Snake, all on the menu here !!

Damian I have cooked Snake and thought it too oily, if Crocodile is anything like Alligator, it is good, Emu just like a big Turkey a little stringy, Kangaroo I have not had. What kind of BEER?

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Kangaroo I have not had. What kind of BEER?

Robert

Kangaroo is sensational meat, exceptionally lean and a mild gamey flavour.

Beer, very cold and large volumes !! The staple here is Victoria Bitter, but there are literally hundreds of very good "boutique" breweries locally with great varieties.

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:35 PM UTC
Well just as long as you have a dark larger or porter. My limit is 6 a year.

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well just as long as you have a dark larger or porter. My limit is 6 a year.

Robert

Plenty of both, now is that 6 Gallons or 6 Kegs ??
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 02:51 PM UTC
Just six cans, my Rx does not go well with it. But slaughtering goulies is relaxing to the soul and relieves the tension of the day. Now when I was married it would have helped that also.

Robert
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 11:07 PM UTC
Some essential reference material
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/comics/341

Twisted, in this company? no way! But thish tar pit porter ish darn good stuff, hic!

Entertainment will include
re-runs of romero movies (otherwise known as training sessions)
Dino racing
Zombie head golf
Zombie head baseball (you get the idea)
Ash much tar shpit shporter ash you can shandle

adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 04:34 AM UTC
Who's bringing the firearms? Let's be realistic: you can't have fun without alcohol and random and wild weapons fire.
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 05:04 AM UTC
A couple of bottles of JP's old tar pit boomshine, lit rags. theres some molotovs for a starter.

Oh forgot the zombie head skeet shoot.
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 05:26 AM UTC
You sure you wanna waste some of your boomshine in some molotov cocktails? We can do it old school and use some cheap rotgut vodka.

With zombie skeet shooting... is that flinging the entire zombie through the air, or just the head/limbs/torso?
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 06:16 AM UTC
Adam it should be in two catagories. WHOLE and PIECES for the awards and I bet pieces are harder to hit.

Robert
Loobes
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 33 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 10:09 AM UTC
Can I just say that I think you guys need to see a phyciatrist !
You are all out of your mind!!
By the way if you need a name for your new sport - Rocket-Lauching Zombie shooting as opposed to Clay Pigeon Shooting. Or do you want something less obvious
Maybe signing up wasn't such a good idea, if I'm going to catch this bug
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 10:36 AM UTC
HELLO LEWIS:

If you are following this thread then you are as sick as the rest of us BTW what kind of launcher are you suggesting, remember some of the ghoulies/zombies weigh at least 8lbs. There is still some slime in that round thing on top.

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 11:06 AM UTC
Well met my sick and twisted compatriots. Plans afoot for Zombie Launcher. I will motorize my backyard Hills Hoist to rotate at an accelerating rate. We hang the Zombies by the neck with light rope, fire it up and wait until either some or most or all of them flies off into the nether, then BOOM with both barrels. I will just have to drop a note to the neighbors to wear full rain gear or at least an umbrella if they venture out.

Man this is gunna be great !!

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 11:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well met my sick and twisted compatriots. Plans afoot for Zombie Launcher. I will motorize my backyard Hills Hoist to rotate at an accelerating rate. We hang the Zombies by the neck with light rope, fire it up and wait until either some or most or all of them flies off into the nether, then BOOM with both barrels. I will just have to drop a note to the neighbors to wear full rain gear or at least an umbrella if they venture out.

Man this is gunna be great !!

ROTFLMAO:

Damian, I thought of being a sport and using an English Long Bow with toilet plungers as arrows so as not to miss the buggers. A shotgun is just too easy and the plunger would take only so much away from the emaciated zombie and will leave some left for the next sporting guy.

Robert
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 09:26 AM UTC
I'd like to join. I've done several zombie related projects in the past year or so, mainly based on "official" Federal Zombie Response Team. It's a good way to wear down those stash kits. Of course, I won't enter any of those. They are too far along to submit. If need be I can list these to quell any worries about submitting existing works.

Anyway, I was thinking along the lines of maybe a field converted Mutt used as a scout vehicle. Maybe some sort of hybrid vehicle...I think I have an old Tamiya M3 halftrack chassis somewhere around here. I figure that the survivors will focus on scavenging from malls, Wal-Marts, etc. for foods and supplies. The heavymovers are great but the faster little brothers can cover more ground and scout out areas quicker and with less vehicle wear and fuel consumption.

Anyway, a fun thread so I can only imagine how it will get once the start date hits.
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 10:36 AM UTC
GAB, welcome to the mad house. If you wanna join, just click on my banner and it'll take ya to the sign up page.

WARNING: Most of us....(and I stress "most") were totally sane family men before this idea came about. Now, well.........hell, I won't suger coat it man. Now, most of us are seriously screwed up zombie hunters.

Hermon
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GAB, welcome to the mad house. If you wanna join, just click on my banner and it'll take ya to the sign up page.

WARNING: Most of us....(and I stress "most") were totally sane family men before this idea came about. Now, well.........hell, I won't suger coat it man. Now, most of us are seriously screwed up zombie hunters.

Hermon

Hey Hermon, two points here:
1. You can't use "totally sane" and "family men" in the one sentence, it just doesn't fit, and
2. I get the feeling that we are all pre-disposed to this, the transition just happened ALL to easily.

You've created a monster here (pardon the pun), and judging by the calibre of posts so far this is just gunna be WAY too much fun !!

Cheers, D
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 11:52 AM UTC
Damian,

Herman did not create us he set us free from all of our obligations for a few minutes so that we can release those inner savage feelings that we really have. Those that we hide to be able to accomplish the duties that demand us to the upmost in our behavour for the family.

Now with that said come on inner feelings of destruction so I can have a happy face as we just slime those ugly buggers while we drive the testosterone fueled monster vehicles that just make the earth vibrate with the deep throated noise that is so pleasing to us hear. MY BAD

Robert
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:19 PM UTC
Hiya Rob, and well said. The "monster" I was referring to was this Campaign. I can see it becoming bigger than the Superbowl.

"We are all born with the fire inside and the natural ability and inclination to slay Zombies to protect our families. It is the geographical and environmental influences that determine the course we take with regard to the methods, weapons and tactics. The only universal constants are the aggressiveness and enjoyment factors. "

Quote from "Zombie Threat - How will you cope?", my guide to life, written by my Sensei, Master and Hero - Professor Hermon Von Cuda, PhD with Honours (Zombie Eradication Tactics) and Official Advisor to the United Nations Zombie Incident Prevention and Primary Eradication Department (UNZIPPED)

Salut, D

P.S. Man, I'm so full of BS I'm scaring myself now.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 12:35 PM UTC
Damian my freind you are well read and we are all lucky to have a leader such as Von Cuda. I know that I can count you and all of the others in keeping my back when we are surrounded by slime balls. Thank Ye one and all.

Robert
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 01:25 PM UTC
WOW is the @#$% getting deep this is going to be fun im toying with the idea of making my "DEATH MACHINE"jet powered as I drive through shreading virtually everything with my massive armnement of gatlin guns and rockets I could fry the remains with my exhaust!YES YES YES its alive!hehehehehehahahahahahah!Sorry got carried away wish it started sooner Oh well by the time it roles around I will have alot more ideas going to start drawing up plans soon.

Build On,
Justin
P.S.IT WILL HAVE NOSE ART.
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 - 06:15 PM UTC
Hi Hermon,
Dumb newbie question here... but can construction start before August 15th 2010? I'm new around here so not sure how these campaign things work

Cheers,
Steve
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 01:21 AM UTC
Hey Steve, welcome to Hermon's House of Fun !!

If you click on the banner at the bottom of Hermons post you will go to the enlistment page, and there you will find all the info you need. Generally with campaigns we all start together, but occasionally the Campaign Leader will accept a kit that has been started.

Cheers, D
Steve_W
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 44 Posts
KitMaker Network: 21 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 - 07:55 AM UTC
Hi D,
Many thanks for the welcome & reply **thumbs up smilie**

Yup, found the enlistment page when I was originally browsing the Campaign Section but just wanted to check on the "rules". Probably a good idea for me to wait a few months as my enthusiasm far outweighs my abilities!

More research material... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films

Cheers,
Steve