Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 02:12 PM UTC
Progress......used a CD case to make the windows which will be covered in mesh eventually after about a year of sanding
@bob those are looking good man hope it sticks paint the excess red and it can be zombie goo

@Hermon do you want to borrow my flash cards?

HELL WAGON(fingers in the air in quotations)

Build on my zombie slaying brothers in arms
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 02:26 PM UTC
Justin, that is SEXY and I am in LOVE with it

RIP
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:08 PM UTC
Wait until you see the ordnance
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:35 PM UTC
I found this and they might be of some help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Y7YDai1uo

RIP
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 03:50 PM UTC
I have too much time on my hands and glue. While waiting for all of the glue to dry I ran across this. ENJOY! It has some really sweet ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifWtV--Si_Q

RIP
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 04:06 PM UTC
Wow rip you are board
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 04:40 PM UTC
"...TreadHead, I have no idea what you just said. However, feel free to jump in and contribute. For my sake though, please use words with less than two sylables and keep your sentences shorter.

Hermon..."

...My o' my Hermon, your syllabic restrictions would limit me to {apparently} only one syllable per word...I'm afraid even attempting such self-imposed verbal castration would, in effect, be a garrote the creative side of my 'Id' could not navigate with any confidence....of course, you would all then be spared my self-indulgent prosaicism's...........count yourself lucky

Hey!....I'm just kiddin' ya mate. After all, I'm an old Marine, and I'm not quite sure I can even spell the word 'sillabill' .......

@ Keeper:

That is a superb example of a 'Zombie' vehicle! I'm sure you won't hold it against me when I say, your interpretation of the basic 'Aliens' configuration is SUPERB! And, your scratching of the wheels is exceptional to say the least.........nice work pard'
I can't wait to see what your choices will be in regards to armament............

Semper Fi!!

Tread
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 04:52 PM UTC
@ Justin: Yep, I am board of waiting for this glue to dry I found this also to keep me out of trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZuvLo4eJA&feature=related

RIP (Bob)
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 12:32 AM UTC
Thanks T but here is a hint while I was at the local base scrounging for parts now destroyed from zombie take over!I just happen to find to a-10's laying around(insert evil laugh here)

It will not have the wimpy guns that it did in the movie though.by the time I'm done weever and her marines could have solved the whole problem and been done with the movie series.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Progress......used a CD case to make the windows which will be covered in mesh eventually after about a year of sanding
@bob those are looking good man hope it sticks paint the excess red and it can be zombie goo

@Hermon do you want to borrow my flash cards?

HELL WAGON(fingers in the air in quotations)

Build on my zombie slaying brothers in arms

That looks cool.....thick glass = armored glass! Am I remembering correctly - didn't that{or a vehicle like it} have a turret that could traverse from side{for overhead clearance} to top? Not sure if it was aliens or what movie I saw that in so long ago?
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I found this and they might be of some help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Y7YDai1uo

RIP

LOL...waaaay too much time on one's hands I see! Also, this is why I like flame throwers....a shotgun is fine for toying around but torch the turkey and there's nothing left to get up!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 06:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Randy, go for it.

Thanks Robert. After all, you know what they say..................imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!

Harv
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 12:48 PM UTC
Your correct OD but Im not putting that crap on the top of this thing
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 01:41 PM UTC
Hey! Justin, I keep looking at your pretty apocolypse car and it is either too pretty or it is just mean as hell I am still waiting for OD to post some more photos of his awsome vehicle. I am at an impasse, I really could use Clint's or OD's suspension to help both of my builds

Rip (Bob)
Removed by original poster on 09/21/10 - 00:45:44 (GMT).
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 02:13 PM UTC
I'll go with Bad as hell
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 02:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks T but here is a hint while I was at the local base scrounging for parts now destroyed from zombie take over!I just happen to find to a-10's laying around(insert evil laugh here)

It will not have the wimpy guns that it did in the movie though.by the time I'm done weever and her marines could have solved the whole problem and been done with the movie series.

Ya know...for a sec' there I got the impression you were "hinting" you were going to incorporate the A-10's 30 mike-mike GAU-8's into your vehicles load-out, but being they weigh a serious ton and require something quite similar to the Abrams gas turbine powerplant to move down the road considering the weapon's weight, ammo storage, and feed mechanism's, etc, etc, I can only assume I am going wayyyyyyyyyy out on a limb with my daydreams.................right?

...sounds mega cool tho' ; - )

Semper Fi!!

Tread
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 02:33 PM UTC
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 11:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey! Justin, I keep looking at your pretty apocolypse car and it is either too pretty or it is just mean as hell I am still waiting for OD to post some more photos of his awsome vehicle. I am at an impasse, I really could use Clint's or OD's suspension to help both of my builds

Rip (Bob)

Had a 4 day weekend and totally relaxed, but that's over{bummer}. Hit a minor snag on how to do the side ribs so the wheel openings look like they could open and still retain structural strength for the build itself...got a plan!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:38 PM UTC
The Justin/OD tires turned out OK. The GATOR glue held after massive amounts being applied initially with two successive apps. that covered and penetrated down through the track cracks. PICS to follow later, I am working on the turret and will install the gun from an Italeri Puma. Looks pretty cool, even if I am the one to say so . Hey Damian what's happening down under havent heard from you in awhile.

RIP (Bob)
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 04:32 PM UTC
Good to hear it worked rip(bob)
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 05:05 PM UTC
Don't worry RIP, I'm still here and keeping a close eye on things !! I am keen to get a couple of other Campaign builds tidied up before I launch into this one as I have big plans here. I'm assembling my goodies and getting my designs straight before I hit the kits. I'm sure there will be a few "field modifications" as I progress, but my basic plan is a dio with the M4 Tractor and a GAZ truck sitting close-by a fortified bunker/command post. I have conferred with our glorious leader and I think I will be starting a dedicated Build Log for my efforts on this one.

You guys are putting in some awesome work already, I'm very jealous and just itching to get going.

Cheers, D
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 05:20 PM UTC
I am just happy to hear that you are still kicking and that you had not fallen to the evil ghoulish horde.

RIP (Bob)
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 07:11 AM UTC
Alright so I did some research and the GAU-8's wheigh in the nieghbor hood of 638Ibs so at 1276 Ibs im still under a ton and altough it wont be shown yes I will be running a turbine engine.I will add vent and exhaust to give the idea.I will be able to cut a zombie town in half In under a sec.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 03:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright so I did some research and the GAU-8's wheigh in the nieghbor hood of 638Ibs so at 1276 Ibs im still under a ton and altough it wont be shown yes I will be running a turbine engine.I will add vent and exhaust to give the idea.I will be able to cut a zombie town in half In under a sec.

"...The GAU-8 itself weighs 620 pounds (280 kg), but the complete weapon, with feed system and drum, weighs 4,029 pounds (1,828 kg) with a maximum ammunition load. It measures 19 ft 5½ in (5.931 m) from the muzzle to the rearmost point of the ammunition system, and the ammunition drum alone is 34.5 inches (88 cm) in diameter and 71.5 inches (1.82 m) long.[5] The magazine can hold 1,174 rounds, although 1,150 is the typical load-out..."

Hey pard'. never mind all that techno' crapola.......I just wanna see some 'GUNS' in that mutha of yours

Oh, BTW....since your using gas turbines as propulsion, you can actually use the exhaust of those babies to fry up some 'Zombie' taters!

Tread.