Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 02:18 PM UTC
@ Justin: I like the kit it gives me many ideas that I imagine coming out of your fertile mind can't wait to see what takes shape.

@ Damian: Wow, where did you steal all of those diodes, capacitors, pots, and what looks like a brain. OPPS I finished reading your tread . Great stuff to play with.

Here are a couple of shots just proped on their wheels (not glued yet)of "TINKER BELL" and "CAPTAIN HOOK" and that is a plow in front of the command vehicle I have not figured out how to mount it yet

"TINKER BELL"
Photobucket

"CAPTAIN HOOK"
Photobucket

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 02:28 PM UTC
Good looking progress big.and yes just think whaling harpoon gun For starters.
Meaty great paint job!

Aussie can't wait to see more it's good to see you again wonder where hermon went?
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 04:07 PM UTC
Too dang funny!!!!!!! I was soooooo going to suggest tinker bell as the name RIP but thought as I was scrolling posts that someone would think I was nuts{I am anyway, but that's not the point!}...sooo....let's name Damian's ride as "Wendy"............LMAO........................................................................ I gotta finish up my TV and movie campaign build then it's back to my death scraper truck...I like "straight razor" for that one!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 04:18 PM UTC
-Bruce, that's one wild paint scheme....Cool!

-Wendy...I mean Damian....I've got that same kit I just found out{1/4 built / far corner on a shelf-oops-forgot all about it!}. Too bad it's a different scale from my current truck or I'd try using it.
I plan on reworking my old allied van lines trailer into a mobile base but I should see if I can incorporate a small persuit vehicle for the back...if Justin's runnin a caddy, I should look into a lincoln nav!
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 04:47 PM UTC
We ride together and die together bad boys for life
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 05:05 PM UTC
@ Justin: Ditto!

@ Bob Chawgo: I could not pass up the name since it is my neices favorite character. Besides there is a little Peter Pan in all of us. Huuuuum "WENDY" could be a badge of honor.

Bob Rippy
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 06:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Aussie can't wait to see more it's good to see you again wonder where hermon went?

Thanks Justin, she's going very slowly but getting there.

Hermon posted in the Demolition Derby thread that he's been busy with work and football, and his son Hunter has broken his leg on top of everything, so I think he can be forgiven for his absence.

Cheers, D
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 05:05 AM UTC
Just wondering auss hadnt seen him on this side for awhile.I miss him
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just wondering auss hadnt seen him on this side for awhile.I miss him

I totally agree Justin, his charm and wit add a unique flavour to the thread

I hope we get him back soon, our efforts to hold back the undead/zombie/alien/bad-guy hordes need his leadership.

Cheers, D
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 06:53 PM UTC
Bruce, nice camo. I think it really alters the already interesting vehicle profile and really removes the last tinge of its Quad origins. I'm painting mine what I affectionately refer to as "doo-doo brown"...it's actually brown auto primer.

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2010 - 09:05 PM UTC
Ok guys, I've just had a few minutes to browse the last couple of pages of this thread and there is some AWESOME work going on.

RIP your Tinkerbell and Cap'n Hook are the evilest Disney duo ever !!

Justin your Caddy will be fit for a presidential convoy when 'Cuda gets back to us.

Hellhound, I just LUUUUUUUUV your Scavenger, amazing paintwork and the mods really make the thing look like it could go anywhere !! The disruptor camo is very similar to a job a clubmate of mine did on a Star Wars Speeder PICS HERE but yours looks super cool with the angular body-work and retro-style front end.

I'm super jealous and I'm going back to the bench now. Don't be surprized if you don't see me for a week, I've got some serious catching up to do !!

Cheers, D

P.S. Bob, call my truck WENDY if you like, I'm sure it's been called much worse !! And besides, I would be proud to convoy with your duo into fiendish battle mate !!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 02:20 AM UTC
Damian, you know it's all in fun!
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 786 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:33 AM UTC
that speeder digi-camo is wild and what a trick of mask-o-rama skills to pull off. thanks for the kind words on the Scavenger.

i am thinking my two figures may also need names... so the first guy will be called something cool like Tonguecutter and the second will be named...

...Fred. (as in Fred is Dead just like Zed).

cheers, bd
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 09:57 AM UTC
hi everyone,

getting the Scavenger rusted up slowly. here's a pic of the initial stage:

for more info on the paint stage i have some details on my running diorama blog.

cheers, bd.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 03:03 PM UTC
Well the raptor is almost complete and I am without builds or air campaigns for the rest of the year so soon I will be going at this like a shark after tourist the "Hell Wagon"and "widow Maker"will start to take shape before your very Eyes.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 07:19 PM UTC
Some progress at last, stage 1 is starting to take some shape. Exactly WHAT shape I'm not sure yet

Side frames trimmed back, barrier for fuel tanks put up. Verticals are Q-tip shafts.

Support frame for turret knocked up from sprue, test fitted.

Barrel assembly commenced, valves fixed with CA then strapped on with old faithfull wine bottle foil strips. Black end pieces were stolen from one of my kids craft sets. Wire is soft tie-wire, the type that holds toys in place inside the packaging. Very soft and flexible.

And on to the Quad-barrel-flame-throwing-mega-turret-doodad. An extra wheel from the kit will make a great turntable, and a sprue frame has some interesting shapes that will start things off

Can you sort of see where I'm headed ? All comments, critiques and suggestions gratefully accepted, I'm really new at this scratch game but I'm getting hooked really fast.

Cheers, D

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 08:16 PM UTC
D. I think I see the weapon but I wlll love to see the photo when it is together.

Rip[
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 - 04:50 AM UTC
cool use of sprues to get funky shapes for framing Damian, i like the details and can't wait to see where this is going. cheers, bd.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC
Damien, nice work. Definitely interested to see that thing continue to take shape.

Bruce, that thing screams at needing a set of mud flaps...Yosemite Sam mud flaps.
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2010 - 06:59 AM UTC
i know the ones Gab... "Back Off" with Sam holding twin pistols

the Quad came with good flaps for making something like those but i thought it would be fun to try out doing tons of mud flung everywhere (i have a future project that may call for this look and want to test this effect on the Scavenger). we'll see how this turns out.

cheers, bd
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:40 PM UTC
Moving right along, a bit more progress. Sorry for the long-winded posts but I'm getting a real buzz from this stuff !!

Turret base in test-fit position . . .

Progress on the turret . . . .

A re-evaluation. After playing around for a while I couldn't get a quad-barrel configuration that I liked, so I went with a triple-barrel arrangement . . .

I still have to box the top in and add some canisters and gizmology to the turret.

The gunner will be sitting in a raised cabin to the rear and above so he has a good field of vision. Undecided as yet whether it will be a mesh cage or perspex. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

Cheers, D
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 03:48 AM UTC
looking really cool auss but remember the more mesh the more of a chance a zombie could spit on you.I dont want take you out auss Your flame throwers are looking awsome BBQ yum.I wonder if you cook a zombie does it cook out the disease so you can eat them
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 04:00 AM UTC
amazing flamethrower and the triple barrels is a great setup. love the detailing on them. it would be cool when it's done if you photoshop'd flames blasting out off it... whoooooooosh !!!! cheers, bd.
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 09:40 AM UTC
Wow... I've been busy and missed a lot! And for some reason I wasn't getting notifications of replies to this thread.

I have to go read through the thread some more, but here's what I've gotten done:

Repurposing a compass for the mayhem. The exacto blade was bent slightly which was a little disturbing, but it worked none the less.

The picture quality on these is bad because I used my cell phone, so hopefully you can still see some details.

I decided that my EOD scenario was taking place in an alternate mid-century setting, so Presidents Truman and Eisenhower will be dealing with zombies and mutants instead of the Soviet Union.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:12 AM UTC
Adam, great to see you on board. I'm looking forward to your project comign together mate.

Cheers, D