Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:40 AM UTC
Good to see ya Adam this campaign is starting to pick up so Keeper reporting in....

These doors will get the same treatment w/hindges as the front.More progress soon
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:55 AM UTC
@ D. : just simply amazing, more ideas that I can steal for my build truthfully Damian the (3) barreled ZIPPO is a work of art. I agree with Justin you do not want any of that zombie spit, it is just nasty I now will not throw any extra spure, plastic, kit part away from now on.

@ Adam: impressive work going on in your house there, how did you cut the metal to such a clean finish?

@ Justin: OK! I am jealous, that monsterously beautiful vehicle makes me want a real version to combat the traffic here in LA . On the serious side Justin quite impressive and I have learned so much here on this campaign that I may be able to finish the scratch (T1 Cunningham armored car) that was started and jput away when I came across the chassis and could not figure out how to accomplish it without any photos. I now have the skill and the ideas (that everyone here donated) to start again. THANKS FOR LETTING ME STEAL FROM YOU ALL

Rip
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 01:06 PM UTC
Damian: Thanks; I am very jealous of your flame throwers!

Justin: Thanks. Your project reminds me of that vehicle from Alien/Aliens. I forget the name of it, now.

Bob: Thank you; I didn't do anything special to cut the metal. Just a #11 blade and a metal ruler. The blade is a little dull and it takes about 3 passes to score/cut through.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 01:34 PM UTC
Thanks guys!
@Adam yes it is based loosely on the apv from aliens but that's long gone now.it's starting to take on a little Jules Vern now with the design of the hinges it's probably going to get a little steam punk who knows I'm making it up as I go along.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 01:24 PM UTC
Well I am going to consider this project completed.

After I dented and scratched it up and then did a very heavy weathering with pastels I think it ended up with a pretty good "End of Days" look to it. The one thing I am disappointed in is that the edges of the self adhesive decals became very obvious. I might go back and try to trim around them and then redo the weathering. Since I finished this one up way ahead of the finish date I might do a second entry sometime next year. I bought a Humvee kit at a thrift store so I might use that and do kind of the same thing to it.

Thanks for looking.

Harv
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 02:09 PM UTC
Hey HARV, you are out there alone I will have to finish one of mine to keep you company. BTW nice job on the after/after police force and I think you are first to complete a build.

RIP
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 03:13 PM UTC
he is indeed the first to finish congrats man good job I think its awsome how it looks beat down
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 09:38 PM UTC
Harv, awesome work my man, the law never looked so mean and ready for action !! It just needs a few kill markings and fluoro Zombie goo, or perhaps a severed arm poking out from one of the wheel arches. I love it.

Justin, those barn doors look impregnible, and heavy !! I can see you sitting inside and wating for a dozen or so of the undead to start beating on the outside, then pull the retaining pins from the top hinges and SPLAT !!

Great stuff gentlemen, keep it cooking !

Cheers, D
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 03:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey HARV, you are out there alone I will have to finish one of mine to keep you company. BTW nice job on the after/after police force and I think you are first to complete a build.

Thank you for the comments Bob, I appreciate them. And don't worry, I will save some zombies for the rest of you.

Quoted Text

he is indeed the first to finish congrats man good job I think its awsome how it looks beat down

Thank you Justin. I appreciate the feedback. The beat up look turned out better than I thought it would. It almost has a Road Warrior type of look to it.

Quoted Text

Harv, awesome work my man, the law never looked so mean and ready for action !! It just needs a few kill markings and fluoro Zombie goo, or perhaps a severed arm poking out from one of the wheel arches. I love it.

Thank you for the comments Damian. As with the others I do appreciate them. It is funny you should mention adding kill markings. I was talking to a buddy this morning and I told him that I was thinking of adding some hash mark kill markings to the very upper portion of the plow blade.

Something else I got to thinking about was to add some scale duct tape to some areas like the headlights and maybe one of the side view mirrors. I mean come on.....what is a zombie killer without some of the handy man's secret weapon, duct tape, holding things together!!

Thanks again guys. I do appreciate the feedback. I am looking forward to seeing all of the other entries completed. There is some very cool imaginitive stuff being built.

Harv
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 786 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 04:38 AM UTC
nice death machine Harv, love the weathering. congrats on finishing the build, are you making a diorama for it? cheers, bd.
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 10:17 AM UTC
Harv: Looking good; definitely think you should add some duct tape.

Justin: Looking forward to seeing how that turns out!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 11:17 AM UTC
I constructed the plow and installed it to the bumper and chassis. I made an air cleaner for the engine and placed it on the hood, there are a few other modifications. Here are some photos
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

HARV I am trying to get some help to you before the horde is too much for a "Lone Wolf"

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 02:46 PM UTC
Wow nice work Big that plow is premium stuff good job!Well here some more progress on the "HellWagon"..Today I finished the side hinges and added some venting in the back with BIG exhaust moving onto next I will start adding more detail like handles hatches and so on....Im saving my armament for last

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 03:09 PM UTC
Justin that is just plain "MEAN" looking. I like the exhaust, I plan on using some upswept tubes on the "TINKERBELL" and something like the 18" wheelers have for the 'CAPTAIN HOOK".

BOB
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 04:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

nice death machine Harv, love the weathering. congrats on finishing the build, are you making a diorama for it? cheers, bd.

Thank you for the comments Bruce, I appreciate them. I doubt that I will build a diorama for it. But you never know. Since we have until next August it is hard to say.

Quoted Text

Harv: Looking good; definitely think you should add some duct tape.

Thank you for the feedback Adam. It is always nice to hear that others like your work. I am thinking that the duct tape will have be added!!

Quoted Text

HARV I am trying to get some help to you before the horde is too much for a "Lone Wolf"

Sounds good Bob, just don't be jealous of my body count!!!!

Thanks again,

Harv
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 08:04 AM UTC
[quote] Sounds good Bob, just don't be jealous of my body count!!!! [quote]

HARV you kill em, you keep the counts makes it easier on me when I arrive with the rest of the crew and clean up the nasty insfestation besides your a cop it is your duty to be out front

Bob
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 01:57 PM UTC
My work computer is set up to block most of the photos here on the site. So I can't see them until I get home.

From the looks of you truck and some of the other vehicles being made.............I will handle the smaller crowds, the rest of you can take on the large crowds with your vehicles!!!! I guess when I go first I can hit a few which will draw out the rest and then you guys can finish them off!!

I have to admit.......this is a fun campaign!!

Harv
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 03:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My work computer is set up to block most of the photos here on the site. So I can't see them until I get home.

Same here Harv

Quoted Text

From the looks of you truck and some of the other vehicles being made.............I will handle the smaller crowds, the rest of you can take on the large crowds with your vehicles!!!!

My triple scorcher turret is aimed at large crowd control (or mass BBQ if you like), so herd 'em at me !!

Quoted Text

I have to admit.......this is a fun campaign!!

Agreed, I'm having a blast with my first serious attempt at scratch-building. I can see how addictive this is going to get for me

Cheers, D
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 03:40 PM UTC
DITTO what HARV and Damian said. I did not want to join this campaign when I first saw that it had any thing to do with zombies ( I hate zombie movies always have) Herman sent me a PM to inquire if I would join in on the festivities and after conversing on the other thread with those here I became hooked. The freinds that I have made and the building tips / techniques / ideas have only enriched my own hobby and I have had soooo! much fun it is illegel in many states. Thanks to everyone for participating in this campaign and to Herman and Damian for giving us a great sand box to play in.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 04:36 PM UTC
If we are all in the same sandbox I just picked my nose look guys
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 07:32 PM UTC
So thats is where the wet stuff came from, I thought a cat had used the box for a kitty litter. No harm No foul I wear plastic training pants anyway

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 08:18 AM UTC
I am finished building "TINKERBELL" at this point now on to the hard part for me the post apocolyptic paint job (rust and dust ) and other things. Here are photos of her. I now have to finish " CAPTAIN HOOK" and then the same paint scheme.

the knife is for scale:
Photobucket

I stole the bumper plate from HARV.
Photobucket

An attempt at a radiator cover.
Photobucket

The rockets came from an F4U and were an idea that Justin had (another idea that I stole)
Photobucket

Bob

This is for Hermon, that is a fully blown MOPAR engine
Photobucket
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 11:16 AM UTC
Well it turns out that Tinkerbell is one nasty little fairy then !!

That's awesome Rip, I can't wait to see some colour on her.

Cheers, D
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 02:27 PM UTC
Sweet cool radiator
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States