Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 01:05 PM UTC
Justin that is too much!!! SWEET or what ever else I can call it. GREAT job on the flame gun I presume Can not wait to see what else you come up with that I can steal for my builds. Again great job Justin.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 02:16 PM UTC
Thanks but not flame guns those are rocket pods from an apache The tank on the back is a ammo drum from an a-10 I'm using as an external water store.the vents on the top are the intakes for my massive engine it's nuclear the water is also for cooling i've thought this trough it works lol!
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 02:26 PM UTC
Awesome work Justin, those details are cool, and the Apache rocket pods are perfect. Water cooled nuclear powered rocket armed mean machine, does it have a name ?

Cheers, D

Edit: Sry, memory lapse, "Hellwagon"
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 02:33 PM UTC
Just wait till you guys see the two gau-7's
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 05:00 PM UTC
Bigrip, maybe some lights. Looks nice though.

The way you guys are going I might have to abandon my halftrack & scout and opt for the waterborne option. That Tamiya Pibber keeps saying..."build me...zombie don't surf".
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 06:35 AM UTC
You guys are kickin' some major zombie a** since I've been gone. These projects are way above and beyond what I was hoping to see.

HARV, that cop car is friggin' awsome man. The weathering and add-ons make it look like the real deal.
Robert, I love both your projects.........your scratchbuilding is top notch sir!
Justin, your hellwagon is off the charts man. I'm stealing every idea you've come up with so far.

Everybody just bare with me. I've got two more weekends of youth league football playoffs and then we're done for the season. I know at this point I pretty much SUCK as a campaign leader but when I came up with this campaign I didn't realize just how many things I had going on all at once.
I promise I'll get back into the swing of things ASAP.

Seriously cool stuff going on here guys! Keep it up and I'll check back in when I can.

Hermon (AWOL leader of the most bad-a** zombie killing force on the planet)
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 11:34 AM UTC
Hermon, it is nice to know that all is OK with you and your family. I also look at the AWOL as your recruitment for more forces to combat the hordes. Glad to have you back and Damian has been keeping us in line

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 12:48 PM UTC
Who's hermon? Hope to have you building soon can't wait to see the project dude
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 03:16 PM UTC
I gotta say, these rigs are really shaping up great. I need to button up my current projects and then get back to the truck. The last few days of halloween decorating for the kids and then all of today of trying my hand at making tamales{1st time}...I need some relaxing modeling time...right after I curse the gundam kit's paint job mishap{95% done and it bombs}, finish the ecto1a's foil work{I remember why I dislike BMF} and then finally finish my mack truck's windows{3rd time's a charm}........
Hey daimian, is that the "early version" of the "aussie grill" we've heard about on this side of the pond?!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 01:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

HARV, that cop car is friggin' awsome man. The weathering and add-ons make it look like the real deal.

Thank you Hermon, I appreciate the kind comments. I know the whole zombie thing is science fiction but I wanted to create a realistic looking vehicle. I keep thinking that I might go back and add a few more things to it. I haven't decided yet. I might just build a second vehicle instead.

Harv

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 01:41 AM UTC
SIDE NOTE: Is anyone else planning on watching the premiere of "The Walking Dead" on AMC this Sunday. The previews I have watched look pretty cool. I am looking forward to it.

Here is a link:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/
vertigo
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 388 Posts
KitMaker Network: 42 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 04:20 AM UTC
I love everything you're doing here guys. This is great stuff, the kind of modelling I'm interested in. I'd love to join in but I don't have the funds at the moment.

It is giving me the incentive to draw up my own post-apocalyptic universe for future projects however.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 07:49 AM UTC
@ vertigo: Glad to have you aboard, all you need is some glue and spare/junk stuff and let the brain take hold to come up with something ( just throw the parts/plastic and a tube of glue into a bag, shake it up) then you have a post apocolyptic zombie killing machine

@ Harv: Your cop car is great there were vehicles of every description, shape, and degree of decrepidness I now have to paint/weather my "TINKERBELL" & "CAPTAIN HOOK" then I think another vehicle is ooozing out of my brain thanks to all of you and the nice builds here.

@ Bob: I need to see more veiws of that plow/bumper on that truckers delight I may have given birth to another brain fart thanks to you and Justin.

@ Damian: How many campaigns are you involved (participating and running)in at the moment? I stole an idea from your gazz or gavv or what ever that truck is I just to need to steal some of the poloticians advertising/voting signs to have enough for that idea

@ Herman: how is your son doing? And what posistion do you coach if not being HEAD Coach which gives me an idea for another vehicle

@ Justin: My inspiration and fellow criminal in mindless fun at destroying perfect plastic for your next photo would you place ruler in it please

@ GAB: That pibber sounds like it would have a place in this world of total insanity so some photos sound like they are in order

Bob
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 08:03 AM UTC
HARV I looked at the site but I could not see if the movie will be shown am or pm.

Bob
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 10:03 AM UTC
@vertigo: the campaign lasts till next august, so you've got lots of time to plan and execute an entry even if you don't have the means now.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 10:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@ Damian: How many campaigns are you involved (participating and running)in at the moment?

methinks a few too many Rip, let's see now:

Participiating in EOD, Demolition Derby, OTR, CAS, Pacific Thunder, and a Sherman.
Finishing touches on Dressed to Kill (P-47 SIG) after some decal dramas
Half hearted start on F-82 for P-51 Campaign, but the kit is crap so I might bow out there
About to commence 2 Campaigns of my own, Anti-Shipping and Winter Wonderland.

I have a 4-day weekend this weekend and I'm hoping to get CAS, Dressed to Kill and Pacific Thunder pretty much done so I can focus on a kick start for my own 2.

@vertigo, glad you found us, I'm sure you have something stashed away that you can throw some mods at.

Keep up the fine form guys, our leader will be arriving any day now to inspect our progress and we don't want to let him down (even though he has let us down TERRIBLY with his absence )

Cheers, D
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 12:09 PM UTC
Bigrip, The Pibber is my backup plan. My halftrack is giving me all kinds of problems. I've tried several body configurations and they all look bad. You guys have really set the bar kind of high. Anyway, I'm going to try again this weekend. I use cardstock to test stuff before setting it to styrene. You can use the cardstock pieces as templates. If it's a no-go then it looks like I'll go waterborne.

Vertigo, scratching can be quite budget friendly. Maybe a last stand diorama with zombies closing in on a few defenders.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 12:43 PM UTC
@ GAB: I like the cardstock idea simple enough to have escaped this old decrepid mind, thanks for sharing that with us, I plan to use your method on my third build for this campaign.

@ Damian: I have an 1/48 Revell P-51B/C that I started for the P51 campaign that you could finish (postage is not much for me to send it as a gift my treat)
As for our " fearless leader" that is his plan to see if he has some among us who can be his luitenants(did know the spelling) and sargents and who will be the peons.

Bob
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 01:19 PM UTC
Rip...what angles/shots do you require sir?...ruler in shot for reference?....let me know and I'll hook ya up - PFC OD{I decked an officer with a zombie arm and got my rank busted...but it was worth it}.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 02:05 PM UTC
Bob a 3/4 veiw front and side would be great, as for the ocifer did you knock him into next year ?

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 02:17 PM UTC
Getting demanding aren't we? Any who at request here is some update's on current progress.......

For Rip
Slightly modified Gau-8's with electronic guidance system.I ran out of tubing(which is on order) so until that arrives I sallied forth few more details to add and I will start working on the mounting system soon....

and finally just for RIP........
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:00 PM UTC
Ok Justin, when we are on patrol you get to take the lead with that arsenal who stands a chance against us That is just waaaayyyyy toooooo mean for any hordes . Justin you are the man

Bob
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

PFC OD{I decked an officer with a zombie arm and got my rank busted...but it was worth it}.

Ok OD, lets get some clarification here:

Firstly, if the Officer had a Zombie arm then you should have done more than just deck him, he should be a small puddle of burnt goo to be removed by the sanitation squad. You have done well to identify and deal with this intruder and your rank is hereby restored. I am alarmed that they have penetrated into our ranks already.

Secondly, if it was YOU fooling around with a Zombie arm, and struck a superior officer with the aforementioned appendage, then you shall remain PFC for the duration of the Campaign and all privileges will be subject to approval by myself or VonCuda. Such insubordination will not be tolerated in the current hostile environment.

Now carry on you lot, nothing to see here !!
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:34 PM UTC
Thanks Rip but Im not done yet
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:37 PM UTC
Auss I want to be a General General KEEPER and his HELLWAGON has a nice ring to it 4 stars please "I have a BIG GUN"