Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 03:07 AM UTC

Bob, Tinker Bell is looking sweet with some paint on her!!! I really like all the work you put into this build, scratch work at its best

I'm in with your idea, this GB is a blast!!!!!

Randy
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,216 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 10:19 AM UTC
I have no problem with making this an anual event. Maybe next year I'll have more time to run it properly. The subject matter of this campaign is something that lets our imaginations run wild and that's part of what makes it so fun. Plus, you guys just rock!

I'll have an update on my semi soon.
Hermon
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 11:57 AM UTC
Ok so my submission is officially complete I call it "taking a break"...

You don't realize how big "Hell Wagon"is until its next to a house.This was the first time I have ever done a figure or a diorama.Still don't know if I will do another entry or save it for the next one I will now concentrate on my steam punk entry.I will keep following though
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 12:55 PM UTC
Very nicely done Justin, and you're right, "Hellwagon" is a big beast !!

It's looking as thought this might become an annual event, at least until we regain control of our planet, then we might look to the stars and the source of our troubles ???

Cheers, D
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 752 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 01:46 PM UTC
Justin, that thing is awesome! great little dio!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 03:12 PM UTC
Justin, when the DOD contacts you regarding the tech. drawings so that they can build these on a massive scale, hold out for more money or until you wrangle a position for me to be able to drive one great build Justin. I presume it is in 1/35? I do not have any thing in 1/24 to put my builds up againt so when finished I will place a 1/35 Ford model T (military) p/u in the photo.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 04:33 PM UTC
Thanks guys yes I scaled everything to 1/35 seemed right and with in my storage constraints
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:00 AM UTC

Justin, AWESOME!!!!! The figure came out great! What kind of paint for his weapon?
You can't leave us now, build more

Slow progress on the bike.....

The kit was a little lame in the details for wiring and cables, all that was supplied was some tubing that scales out to garden hose size.....

Working on building up a battery, a rack to hold it, and then the rest of the electrical system.....

Scale check up om the bike, a little over scale but I think once painted black, the wiring harness will be o'kay.

That is all for now, Randy

Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:40 AM UTC
@Alex, that door armor looks very nice and clean.

@Hermon, if this becomes an annual campaign then you can count me in. I'm already inspired to go the Alien Invasion angle next time around.

@Justin, That beast came out great but I have to ask, where's Vicki?

@Randy, the bike looks good. Nice work on the build.

adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 12:27 PM UTC
@Randy Impressive build!

@Justin Nice work! That thing looks ready to roll over and crush some undead!

@Bob Tinker Bell should be called Tinker Bomb. It looks ready to kick some ass.

@Alexander I like what you're doing with yours. Nice!

@Hermon That thing is going to be a monster. If you're gonna truck something around during the apocalypse, I think it's safe to say who we will be choosing.

@Matt Look forward to seeing where you go with your builds.
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 01:59 PM UTC
@Big I posted the plans for my Paint tray on the tools section found here Paint Tray and by the time they were done building on it would cost more than a couple raptors

@randyd I used Vallejo #71057 and dry brushed with testors aluminum.and the detail your putting into the bike is coming out awesome great work

@Bluestab Thanks but Vicki was a bad casting and I didnt feel like messing with her by the time i was done she would look like a naked zombie

@adam eagerly awaiting an update from you friend cant wait to see how that thing turns out.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 03:55 PM UTC
@ Justin, thanks for the paint rack plans. This will help my desk not be so messy
@ Bob (OD) where are you at buddy?

Bob
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 04:33 PM UTC
A quick couple photos:

I got jealous of the other flamethrowers.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2010 - 07:16 PM UTC
@ Randy D: I cannot wait to see that bike from terminator land when you finish it.

@ Adam: you have no reason to be jealous, those arms are pure art in its own right. And you know that stolen ideas are an honor, especially when I figure out how you did all of that

Bob
MakarOFF
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 01:28 AM UTC
@ Adam. This is the hand of crabbo
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 05:57 AM UTC
thats awesome zombie killing CRABBO............What..............at least it has a name.
Uncle-Krunkus
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 19 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hey Zombie Noodle Busters!
I know I'm very new around here, but I'd love to get involved with something like this. Maybe a bit late for this one, but possibly next year. How do I sign up? or do I just get my kit and camera ready and start posting when the time comes?
I've got to give you all a massive round of applause on the builds you've done so far. I've read right through the thread and I admire the creativity and attention to detail. Great ideas, great building skills, and great collaboration.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:10 PM UTC
Andrew, sign up here.
http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=397
I hope I did this correctly. If not go to the top of the page and click on campaigns then select EOD or End of Days which started out in the scratch building section and glad to have you aboard. Just watch out for the fearless leader (Hermon) and his cohort (Damian) they are"MEAN" . Nah! just kidding.

Bob
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 12:26 PM UTC
G'day Andrew, and welcome aboard. It's great to have another Aussie join our noble cause. Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you have, they are a great bunch here and very willing to share any info or tips you need to improve your skills.

This Group Build doesn't finish until mid-August next year, so you have plenty of time to join in and throw something together if you want.

@ Adam, beautiful work on those weapons mate, you have the "articulated arm" thang well under control on this build.

Cheers, D
Uncle-Krunkus
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 09:08 PM UTC
Okay,
I've read through the pre-campaign thread now too.
You dudes definitely seem like my kinda crowd!
I was clearing out my stash, (which is actually not very big, only about 8-10 kits left to finish) and realised that I have a Quad Gun Tractor - Tamiya 1/35 Canadian Ford FGT Commonwealth Forces.
Now how did we find one of those in Nambucca Heads? Well, I figure Frank Partridge military museum out at Bowraville had an international display on the week that all hell broke loose. We comandeered it, sliced the back open and welded up an assault cage. A home made flame-thrower, and half a dozen shotguns is about all we managed to get happening before the "life-challenged" made it to the mid-north coast.
I'd like to include at least one brain hungry varmant on top of the cage with me underneath about to unleash a bucket of lead into his "ghoulies".
Considering I'd be starting a bit late, that's about all I'm willing to take on this time.
Would be heaps better to do something similar in 1/24. But I gotta find a truck/ute in a hurry if I'm gonna get started before Xmas. I've got some great ideas about scracthing the crew, and the zombie.
Got some sheets of brown/black cardboard today, to dodgy up a photobooth.

I still haven't actually signed up, as I'm scared of commitment. (Hey, look, I'm a guy!) I need to be sure I'll have the parts, time, motivation to give it a good shot. Couple of days and I should be right to go.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 09:21 PM UTC
Hey everybody Andrew has the decease! Now this must be spreading faster than we thought and with all of humanity dying off we will need all of the recruits that we can get. Welcome aboard the USS Nutjob Andrew. We have all the best people around.

Bob
grimmo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 752 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Okay,
I still haven't actually signed up, as I'm scared of commitment. (Hey, look, I'm a guy!) I need to be sure I'll have the parts, time, motivation to give it a good shot. Couple of days and I should be right to go.

As chopper reid would say, Harden The F@#K Up! and sign up! lol

It's a good crowd, and any effort is a good effort. A quad converted would be a great vehicle, i almost bough one of them about 15 years ago!
Uncle-Krunkus
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 10:24 PM UTC
Okay, I'm signed up already.
I'll check a couple of local shops for a 1/24 rig over the next week, but otherwise, I'll go with the Tractor.
I'm already having dreams about how to defend against squishy headed goop pukers!

I've got a full sized steam roller sitting out the front of my house at the moment. Maybe I should get out there and take some photos? But something tells me it'd be just a bit too slow. Change the gearing? Oh, the decisions!
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 06:11 PM UTC

Welcome Andrew! Look foward to your build

GAB, Thank you !

Adam, Glad you like it and you win Your flamers are KILLER!!!!!

Hi Justin, Thank you for the comment

Thanks Bob!

Some progress being made on the bike, Going to route both mufflers onto the same side. Will use the kit mufflers and bend new pipes...

Not the final layout of the exhaust, more to come on that....

Trying out some different ways to build some fenders, made up a form from wood and heated some thin clear plastic to shape....

Need to get some paint going on the engine and surrounding frame so I can get the wiring and details in place...

Fender and pipes are tacked in place as I'm still playing with these.

Randy
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 06:23 PM UTC
Randy I am speechless

Bob