Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
What Is Your Profession?
Avus
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 302 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 01:35 PM UTC
LOL!
Great thread; been watchin it a while and there are quite different jobs.

As for me I'm a chemical engineer, working in the IT business.
cbuk
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 67 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 03:41 PM UTC
Compared to what most of you do my job seems quite dull

I am just a Legal Finance Systems Consultant (kinda like a Systems Accountant). Even have a Masters degree in it!!!!

CB
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 370 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 08:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Even have a Masters degree in it!!!!

Masters? thats cool! Wish I had taken the time to study more and had stayed in school. As it is, the only degree I have came from the USS Wainwright, CG-28.
cbuk
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 67 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Even have a Masters degree in it!!!!

Masters? thats cool! Wish I had taken the time to study more and had stayed in school. As it is, the only degree I have came from the USS Wainwright, CG-28.

Studied for it when I was 28, at night school - no life and no models for 2.5yrs!!! Biggest regret was not studying to be a Military Historian. Thats life though!!!
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 05:59 AM UTC
I'm a software engineer (computer programmer) in Silicon Valley. I started as a computer operator in 1979 and worked my way up. When pressed, I've done system administration but I'd rather be writing code. I wrote one videogame back in my early days - Demon Attack for the Intellivision. Mostly I work in embedded systems. Currently working on software for digital TVs.
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
Currently I'm a Radon Technician. Some silly dweeb thought it would be good to use radon in building materials in Sweden. Now I work for the leading company in Stockholm to get rid of said radon... basically I'm a ventilation techie that knows the chemistry behind radon. Was beaten-up last New Year's and will have to change jobs due to permanent damage to my eyes. I'll probably fall back on my degree in IT or wash dishes for the rest of my life (yes, I actually have tested to find out that I can work as a dishwasher...wonderful use of goverment related rehabilitation...)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 02:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll probably fall back on my degree in IT or wash dishes for the rest of my life (yes, I actually have tested to find out that I can work as a dishwasher...wonderful use of goverment related rehabilitation...)

Sorry to hear you´re still haveing problems with the eye, Brian. The other part doesn´t shock me at all . Have seen my fill of the sillyness that happens here as well.
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 370 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Biggest regret was not studying to be a Military Historian.

No doubt! History was the one thing I actually enjoyed in school (besides cutting class with my girlfriend). I actually got removed from my 12th grade history class because I showed up the teacher....Well, actually I got thrown out for telling her she was full of sh#t, but I told her that because she told me I was wrong, that (get this) Sherman never burnt Atlanta to the ground. She claimed it never happened.

I got sent to the Principals office for a parent/teacher conference. it was one of the only times I ever heard my Dad put up for me viciously. When the teacher told my dad what had happened,and he asked me why i said that, and I told him, my Dad looked at her and said: " You ARE full of sh#t".

I even have been to a spot in Oakland cemetery that has a plaque stating that here is where the mayor of Atlanta stood and watched Atlanta burn to the ground under Shermans advancing armies. I always wanted to take a picture of myself next to that sign flipping the camera off, so I could send it to her.