Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 1,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:13 PM UTC
Hi ya guys ... Well i have seen this campaign from a far and time was my enemy here but its been extended so i am in ..i should be able to knock something up in a few months, god knows i have a heap of bits laying around so now just to think of something seriously nasty to smack zombies silly .
Already have something in mind ..evil would be a good way to describe it

Phill
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 01:01 AM UTC
Welcome to the asylum Phill. I'm looking forward to seeing your plan take shape.

Cheers, D
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 - 04:27 PM UTC
[quote]Welcome to the asylum Phill.

Damian mate i will feel right at home here then
All ready been thru my boxes of bits and found what i was hunting for .
Already started a little work on it ..well glue the damn chassis back together

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 08:54 AM UTC
Hey guys ..well started work on my entry for this campaign and i decided to go with something kinda big and nasty for serious zombie wacking .
And here it is so far ,,expect many many things to be added to this thing yet .

Expect more soon ,, i'm enjoying this little project ,,its good to just let the mind go nuts again

Phill
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 953 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:03 AM UTC
Just amazing Phil...Wow...!!!
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 11:08 AM UTC
Nice job Phill!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 07:17 PM UTC
Thanks guys ,, this is nothing too hot at the moment ..just wait to see whats going to happen to it in the next few days ,,,thats really gonna get ya going

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 01:21 PM UTC
Update time guys ,,been playing with my little truck and as promised there has been some serious changes going on here and the problem is i keep getting other ideas ,,i'll try to control myself but i aint making any promises there .
Heres some update pics for ya all ..

thats it for now guys ..more to follow soon

Phill
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 08:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

,,i'll try to control myself but i aint making any promises there .

Phil, don't bother mate, it's a waste of time. Just go NUTS !!! Oh, hold on, I just checked the pics and it seems that you already have

Seriously Zombielicious work going on there my friend, inspirational ! I can't wait to see what else you have cooking up there in that dangerously disturbed brainbox of yours.

Cheers, D

P.S. I think you need a few more ammo boxes
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 09:43 PM UTC
Damian hahaha totally agreed matey bloody almost ran out of tubing cause of the roo bars from hell ,, built them so they work two ways ,,smart kiwi this one .
Ya know i am going to do a back ground story for this truck ,,i think it deserves one .
Oh since those pics were taken 3 days ago quite abit more has happened to the truck ,.brand new roof for one thing ,the old one sucked .
Trust me matey, me dangerously disturbed brainbox has plenty more twisted nut bar machines knocking around in there
Hell The Beast model i made is proof of that ,you want fire power that thing has it too spare .

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
entire network: 1,646 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:01 AM UTC
Phil: Like Damian said, there is no way you have enough ammo!! I also think you need a minigun or two! Oh how I wish I had your speed and spare parts box...

BTW: what is the deadline on this campaign?

Happy Modeling, -zon
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 953 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:45 AM UTC
Looks very deadly Phill...I like it very much....
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 11:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh how I wish I had your speed and spare parts box...

You and me both Zon, the more I look at it the more I like Phil's beast !

Quoted Text

We have to have our workshop here closed down by June 30 this year for renovations, but I'm sure we will be re-opening in 2013 for some more madness (End of Days II - Return of the Son of VonCuda) !!

Cheers, D
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

We have to have our workshop here closed down by June 30 this year for renovations, but I'm sure we will be re-opening in 2013 for some more madness (End of Days II - Return of the Son of VonCuda) !!

Cheers, D

Awesome.......I hope so because I already have a project in mind.

Randy
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2012 - 05:33 PM UTC
Zon,,Hakan.. Damian ,, there is enough ammo !! hell if i put any more in there they couldnt move and yes i do have more
I am wanting End of Days II - Return of the Son of VonCuda to happen ..like Randy i to have another machine in mind and i want to build that ,,so make it happen cappen

Oh there's gonna be more pics shortly too guys ,,and as for time ..hell its pretty much all i have now ..being a invalid means i get plenty ..enough to drive me seriously nuts ,,oppps too late

And yes you guys be jealous of my parts box fact its 6 boxes but hell many years worth of crap to make them up ,,you'll get there ..trust me

Phill
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
entire network: 1,646 Posts
KitMaker Network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers, D

I look forward to Return of the Son of VonCuda then. It will give me enough time to get my project together.

Happy Modeling, -zon
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 02:40 PM UTC
Well there had better be a part two to this campaign cause i just went thru my pile and found what No2 zombie wacker is going to be and its freakin huge!!!!!

I'll leave it there for now

Phill
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 04:33 PM UTC
Rest assured my intrepid fellow Apocalyptophiles, End Of Days 2 will follow as sure as night follows day. I have a second vehicle planned as well, and a dio idea to combine the 2, and I'm sure that everybody who has participated here will join in again for more madness and mayhem.

I will create a thread as a follow up after this Group Build finishes and begin the recruitment drive.

In the meantime, carry on !

Cheers, D
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 05:46 PM UTC
Phil, looks nice. Love the tubular armor. With all that ammo you might want to add spare M60s. Also, maybe some spotlights for zombie shining. Dang things always seem to pop up out of the shadows.

Damian, go ahead and count me in for EOD 2. I already have my next project basically worked up in my head, including a backup plan. I'm thinking of a much darker, more final scenarios. And nary a zombie in sight.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 06:33 PM UTC
Alex ,,, Oh trust me mate no all weapons are on the truck yet and now because of some other members of this campaign ( no mentioning any names, Damian and Zon ) i have reworked the weapons layout a little bit, firepower this thing now has and then some, as for lights ..i'm having a hard time finding any so i think i will give me time to find them for vehicle number 2 and besides night time ops are the worst time to be out ..you can't see the sneaky little buggers .

Now a back story ... Its been 6 months since the out break happened,dead heads by the millions own the cities and moving without the aid of anything big is not a great idea.
Many a group a people have gone out hunting for food and ammo and never returned.
One group of people who had sealed off a large housing project which was already fenced decided to do something about it .. first they used the trucks which were left on this massive building site but they didn't quite do the job,so one evening a few of the best men took the fastest vehicles they could find and headed to an abandoned army base/museum which was known by one of the people there .
The reason ? ,, this museum did its own restorations which meant a fully equipped work shop and being a base/museum it was already fully fenced and protected.
Still they cleared the entire area before they started to hunt down what they needed and finding those items took no time at all .
Found was an old prototype truck with no engine but they found an old V12 Caterpillar engine which would fit,using an old forklift truck they moved everything to the main workshop and then the fun begun.
Extending the trucks chassis for more spare was easy with the broken trucks found and the work moved fast,time was not on there side,double front wheels were fitted to handle the weight of the new engine and the front mounted bull bars ,the front springs where uprated at the same time .
Raiding the old army base netted many weapons and more ammo than they could shack a stick at ..they couldn't take it all then ..but they have now, started to arm what was now called a convoy lead support vehicle.
One thing which was needed from past experience was some system to keep the dead heads away from the vehicle and to protect the drive train from bounce back,quite afew trucks have been lost dew to suspension damage of items bouncing back into the drive train from road clearing and the best idea .. a 360 degree crash cage and work it does ,keeping the dead heads far enough away so they are still in the line of fire and it means this machine can still move at good speed even if smashing its way along long abandoned highways .

Phill
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 09:07 PM UTC
Hey guys ,, Well here's some pics of the mods i made over the last 2 days and some which have taken a little bit longer to finish .

Those mods should make a couple of you guys happy ,,Damian got more ammo and Zon got his mini guns

Phill
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 09:41 PM UTC
Brilliant work Phill, I love it ! The hatches, ladders and steps are great, and I love the slide down the tailgate for rapid deployment/escape. More ammo is always good, never too much, always more.

I can't wait to see what paint work you have in store for it now.

Cheers, D
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 09:55 PM UTC
Damian me ol mate ,, you won't have to wait long to find out about the paint .. this is what i have in mind ,,crap,,I'm going to paint it like you would paint it if a vehicle was built in a work shop under pressure and remember its not going to win any paint comp's ,,fact i'm positive it wouldn't win .
This thing is built to work and not look pretty ,so in other words its going to be fun painting this and not having to paint it like its a custom car if you know what i mean

Phill
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 02:49 PM UTC
Phill, it looks like she's coming along great. I'm enjoying your work. The roof really adds to the mobile fort look. If you're pressed on the light thing just use some styrene tubing or even sprue to make flare launchers.

I'm surprised no one went with a WW2 era theme. I could see Nazi occult rituals or scientific experiments leading to a zombie outbreak. Could be an easy kitbash submission for anyone wanting to get in at the 11th hour. Maybe use an old Tamiya Halftrack or a GMC Truck as the basis for a zombie patrol guntruck.

Or for that matter a zombie perspective vehicle like zombie manned Panthers and accompanying zombie infantry. Say those experiments or rituals worked.
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Or for that matter a zombie perspective vehicle like zombie manned Panthers and accompanying zombie infantry. Say those experiments or rituals worked.

I can see it now, instead of a flamethrower the Zombies could be throwing themselves into a giant meat mincer on the back of a King Tiger and spraying themselves across the battlefield in a heavy mist of green goo.

Cheers, D