Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:05 PM UTC
Nice job GAB!
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 953 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 02:59 PM UTC
I like it very much GAB...It's really cool...
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 08:37 PM UTC
Beautiful work Gab, unique and innovative. Just what this Campaign is all about.

Cheers, D
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 2,160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 123 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:56 AM UTC
Thanks all for the kind words.

This was my first campaign so there were some problems in the presentation. I hope to do better in subsequent ones.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 05:55 PM UTC
You guy's Rocked this campaign with some of the most outstanding building, techniques, dioramas, and just plain fun it was an enjoyment to watch. Damian and Herman need to do this on a periodic time table to bring the group od nuts back to gether to show off their handy work. Congrats on the masterful building everyone.

Bob
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 06:18 PM UTC
Well folks it's all over, at least for the moment. I know that the gallery has been intermittently unavailable for a while now, so if you haven't managed to get pics of your finished build uploaded into the gallery, don't worry too much. Just post a message here, or send me a PM, and I will get your ribbon to you. I will also trawl through the thread and identify finished builds as I get time (between drinks on New Years Eve) and award what ribbons I can.

End of Day Group Build Gallery

Bob, great to hear from you mate, and you're absolutely correct about future EOD Group builds. I'm already scheming the next episode, and I think it only fair that we allow unfinished builds from EOD1 to be sumitted there due to the problems we have had maintaining the momentum here.

Thanks to everybody (especially on behalf of Hermon) who has contributed, both with the spectacular builds and dioramas, and with the comments and encouragement along the way. I hope we can continue the same effort in EOD2.

Cheers, D
Wolfsangel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 41 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 09:11 AM UTC
Hey Damian and other fellow Zombie Slayers, So which is it? Are we extending this one or calling it a day? I'm started but a little time out from finishing (Holidays, Move before that, Computer crash because of the move, etc.). I can roll on and try to finish up or box it back up and wait for EOD 2 but, I'd rather finish. Given the amount and caliber of everyone elses builds, my brain is filled up with ideas for EOD 2.
Thanks,
Charlie
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hi Charlie.

The official Campaign period is finished, but keep rolling and get it finished, I'll throw a ribbon at you once you're done. I'm in the same boat with my build, a few finishing touches and it's there, and I want to start fresh on my Apocalyptebago for EOD2.

Anybody else still working, please keep posting progress pics here.

Cheers, D
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 06:08 PM UTC
Yeah the Server Busy thing kept me from uploading to the campaign gallery. The pictures are in the thread though.

I'd just like to say that I've enjoyed this campaign and look forward to part 2. I got me a few ideas brewing around in my noggin. Perfect timing with the Mayan thing coming up.

Hopefully Hermon can rejoin us...which will be doubly good as not only would he return, but it would also mean things on his end would have stabilized.

Anyway, good work all. Hope to see more in round two.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 11:42 PM UTC
Campaign extended untill June 30, 2012
adamsmasher
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 192 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks like there's extra time for everyone to finish.
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 516 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 04:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GREAT!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 - 09:32 AM UTC
[snip]Campaign extended untill June 30, 2012[snip]

Matt you have made it tempting to try to start a small vehicle since CAPTAIN HOOK and TINKER BELL are no more, maybe I can throw something together FAST maybe not.

more important:

[snip]Hopefully Hermon can rejoin us...which will be doubly good as not only would he return, but it would also mean things on his end would have stabilized.[snip]

"DITTO" what GAB stated, it will be nice to here from Hermon hopefully meaning that things are at least a little better. I miss the Dodge spouting rebel from another mother. In all seriousness I still send prayers his way, thanks for being a buddy Hermon Rector.
maxwinamp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 - 07:36 PM UTC
Added my Zombie Pickup to the Gallery

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=25873

Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 11:38 AM UTC
Looks hell-ish maxwinamp....I like it very much...Well done....
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 - 06:01 PM UTC
Should I upload the pics for the halftrack and Mutt into the campaign gallery or should I put up the pics of the boat as well?
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:54 PM UTC
Here is the first post on my WIF WIP.

Whilst a WIF and belonging to an campaign such as this, there would have been a great deal of temptation to do this up ala Mad Max but I resisted.

Rather I went with a "purpose" built future law enforcement vehicle. I tried to maintain a sense of realism while maintaining the fun that can be a WIF.

This started off as a MAZ 537 tractor. I added a Logan weapons pod on the back and a Davidson Anti-Zombie push bar on the front.

Still lots to do, esp on the weapons pod. I had originally wanted to add a tank turret and while a T-80 turret looked great, turning it sideways made it somewhat awkward looking. I had a spare BRADLEY and LAV-25 turrets but they didn't look right. I didn't have two spare BRDM-2 turrets which would have been spiff, so I added a spare WARRIOR turret and retro-fitted a six barrel 40mm gatling gun. The turret will not have most of the add-ons, just want it bare and simple. I think I may go with GRIZZLY style weapons ports on the sides and rear (think B-17). Still debating on whether or not I should add screen to the cabin and what to do from the cabin back for what anti-zombie measures to add. AND I still have to figure out the details on the pod ....

Colours will be black/white/blue Police decals and two over-size police light bars.

Anyway on the the very Q&D pics

Not sure if I go with a flamer or MG for the aft portion of the pod.

Pretty much it for the turret, adding hatches and adding a few other odds and sods but I like the overall shape so I am going to leave it.

You can see my scrawls as I tried to figure out what to add.

Hmm should I add a 45 support beam from the upper front part of the pod to the vertical part above wheel 3?

Telescoping bar (upside down) and I will be adding spikes to it .. originally was going to make it look rotating but I went with this. Hmm looking at this, I think I may extend the co-drivers walkway to the pod and add a small access door. This way the crew in back or third driver can reach the pod while the vehicle is in motion or bashing the zombies ...
AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 11:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Should I upload the pics for the halftrack and Mutt into the campaign gallery or should I put up the pics of the boat as well?

Hi Gab.

You can upload as many pics as you like to the gallery, the more in there the better, we might attract a few more zombie-slayers.

Max, luvvin that Hilux my friend, thanks for posting it here and joining the madhouse !

Tom, great concept and very nicely executed so far. Lookingforward to more progress shots.

Cheers, D
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 12:26 PM UTC
Great idea Tom...I'm following....
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 12:32 PM UTC
HI

Just did some work on the pod. Nothing too fancy, just trying to get the basic shapes and main features done before I start adding the bolts/weld seams.

Need to add a GPS dot up front and maybe beef up the escape hatch on the lower right.

Firing/vision ports and rib detail. I tried to make a telescoping sensor but just went with a hatch cover, not overly happy with it so I may pop it off.

Firing/vision port and rib detail. Extra large rear access ramp because I figured you would need some extra room to rearm that gatling gun.

Firing/vision ports and rib detail.

Some vents to add, locations for search/spot lights .....

I am on the road at the moment so I am currently limited to what I can do but will soon be home with all my spare parts.

What else????
Bluestab
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 03:53 PM UTC
I uploaded my pics into the Campaign Gallery. I may try to do some better ones with a better background.

Logan, the truck is looking great. I like the bumper and look forward to seeing it all come together.
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 - 08:05 AM UTC
HI

Calling the turret done. Nothing fancy considering the threat posed by quasi-mutant zombies ...

T
Logan
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 03:56 AM UTC
HI

End is in sight ... need to figure out how to paint pod ... thoughts?

Lousy pic .. I know I know .. anyway, the turret is painted and ready to bare ...

General view of the side. I'd like to add more details but I don't want to look like a slathered on bits and pieces just to make it look busy.

General view of the top. I'd like to add more details but I want any part purposeful.

The back .. holy moly, looks like everything is warped but it isn't ....

Other side, same comments apply.

Initial painting and colour scheme.

Here you see the the start of the walkway. I still need to add another safety chain but don't ask me where the rest of the it went .. grrr

Hmmmm how to paint the pod???? Maybe silver/aluminum? black? Blue stripe? Blue rear half?

I almost have a hankerin to do a fleet of these ... maybe the next pod will have a couple of flame turrets ...

I do have an overall white STRYKER ... hmmmmm Bwahahahahah

T
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
entire network: 3,212 Posts
KitMaker Network: 250 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 01:08 AM UTC
I think you'll have to stick with the blue & white theme....how about all white but a blue stripe the length of the tractor unit and pod?

Looks great so far.

What/where's the white striker from? Alaska NG? ;-) would love to see a pic: i have a thing for Strykers
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,330 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 05:16 AM UTC

{/quote}Hmmmm how to paint the pod???? Maybe silver/aluminum? black? Blue stripe? Blue rear half?

I almost have a hankerin to do a fleet of these ... maybe the next pod will have a couple of flame turrets ...

I do have an overall white STRYKER ... hmmmmm Bwahahahahah

T[/quote]

I don't know much about US police colouring, but howabout black down sides and a white roof??

or

failing that a british police style ??

paul