Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Official EOD Campaign thread
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 241 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:45 PM UTC

Howdy Folks, You all are having way tooooo much fun here Some wonderful builds going on in this campaign, going to be tough to measure up but this here new recruit will try his best!! Plus I understand as the new guy ,I have to buy the beer

Got an idea that some fast mobile recon might come in handy.. Thinking maybe something nasty on two wheels.

Found this at the LHS in the sale bin....

Problably will not use much of this bike but it gives me a scale to start with and some of the details can be used.

A little more searching and came up with some goodies...

The chain is a liitle out of scale but it is really cool stuff so going to try and make it work.

Will post more soon, Randy
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 461 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 06:03 PM UTC
Hello and welcome there Randy, nice parts you have to play with and create a little nasty razor to deal with those pesky zombies down the alley

Bob

(BTW there are two Bob's in this campaign so far and we are both sick )
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 8,156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 593 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 09:12 PM UTC
G'day Randy, and welcome to the madhouse my friend !

Intriguing start there, but I like the look of it so far, fat rubber, spikes, chains and sprockets, and beer.

Looking forward to following your progress on this one.

Cheers, D (Official 2ic to VonCuda, and official taste tester of all free beer)
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:18 PM UTC
Randy, welcome aboard. That pile O parts could wind up making a nice Yamaha/Honda big wheel........what kind of zombie killing gadgets do you forsee coming on it?
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 09:56 AM UTC

Thanks for the welcome fellas,

O.D., Was thinking of a crossbow on the handle bars and have got to steal Justin's idea (with permission of course!) of the mini gun/ chain gun thingy that he built. Possibly on a platform behind the driver and acctivaded by helmet control??? Also thinking of a sharp wedge plow and some cool spinning blades hanging off the front wheel.

Some progress to report....

Looking at the bike kit and decided to build up the motor......

Working on the frame, wound up using aluminum tubing, along with brass and sytrene . Kinda using the kit frame as a patern for scale size......

The frame is stuck together with rubber cement at the moment to check how things might fit together.

Thats all for now

Randy
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 10:34 AM UTC
Randy...everyone's ideas aren't patended...jump on what ever works for your build! Hey, are those Mini T wheels?
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:09 PM UTC
Ok! everyone we have another superstar (Randy) and that bike is looking BAD for the hordes Randy nice work happening on your work bench. As Bob (OD) said do not worry about stealing ideas here because we will certainly steal yours

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 2,798 Posts
KitMaker Network: 286 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:59 PM UTC
Agreed on stealing the ideas just ask Big Anyways how did you bend your tubing sir Ive been trying to do it for years and it always folds
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 02:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Lookin for ya Bob, Damian, HARV, Hermon, Bruce, and everyone else. The horde is getting thick out here.

I will try to meet up with you Bob. However being the first out here killing zombies has made me hungry so I have been busy looking for a Dunkin' Donuts that is still standing!!!!

Harv

PS. Welcome Randy. Glad to have another Randy on board. Maybe we need to have the Randys and Bobs and any other pairs that we have team up with each other!!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 03:06 PM UTC
Nice to know that you are still with us HARV. Donut shops do not ever go away they are just like the old twinkie suburban legend they never go bad. That car looks like it needs a wash, I have some 55 bbl full of naptha that could do the trick it looks like Randy really is your team mate being on a razor he could check out the inbetweens for you.

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 04:03 PM UTC
alright my entry is complete I will post pics tomorrow still working on some plans so who knows whats next.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 04:13 PM UTC
Justin, I am afraid to look will it be scary?

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 01:47 AM UTC
as promised I am now out there creating piles of goo!

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 01:57 AM UTC
Super cool Justin, that's one evil mutha wagon !!

Well done on a great build, and some ideas that have inspired the rest of us as well.

Now please leave some bad guys for the rest of us, maybe just shoot part of one of their legs off so they walk in circles until we get there !!
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 03:01 AM UTC
thanks D will do.
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:00 AM UTC
Thanks for the kind words fellas!!

Randy, The donut shop raider came out sooooo cool!! We might have to go zombie wacking together as I am just south on I-25 from you (Fort Collins, Co.)

Justin, Congratulations on a fantastic build!!!!! Your project inspired me to join up.
I am slipping the next size smaller diameter tubing inside the tube I am bending. Still not a perfect system as the results I showed produced about four lbs. of scrap metal before I got lucky!!!

Randy

:
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:22 AM UTC
Thank you sir cant wait to see how yours comes out
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 04:59 AM UTC

O.D., The tires are by ' losi ' Found them on the RC car parts wall at my local HobbyTown store.

Kinda pricey but mine were on sale for under $10.00

Randy
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 07:01 AM UTC
@ Justin: you are my "HERO" and your build has been an inspiraion for my own builds when I got stuck ( you can see way back when certain box structures did not work for the first build ) and used the failed part for one to use on another. Justin great build I love EVERYTHING about the 'Hell Wagon" and I want to ride behind so that I do not get any goo on my pretty little "Tinker Bell"

@ Damian: LOL that is just tooooo funny (shoot one leg off so that it walks around in a circle ) you know our minds have turned into some thing that should be let out onto the world other than here on EOD.

@ Harv: My sister-in-law has to stop at the Krispy Kreme if she or anyone goes by one, so they must have surrvied the apocolypse So Harv no fear your cop instinct is safe

@ Randy: Justin and Harv have some company on their sorties out into the waste land when your razor is finished. BTW lived from 91 - 03 in CO from Monument Hill to Loveland during my stay with the Co that sent me all over the state. Loved it there and would not mind going back, next to my Texas, Colorado is 2nd. on my list of places to live

Bob
Keeperofsouls2099
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 08:06 AM UTC
Thanks Big Im putting it in a diaroma you should start to see pics of that soon
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 01:11 PM UTC
Randy, I have a mini T...still trying to paint the spare dunebuggy body for it...that's how I spotted the wheels.
Nice incorporation!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 01:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(A) @ Bob: the plumbing has always been a much feared task for me, but after veiwing your ingine campartment I have some sort of idea (dangerous in my case) . I am possitive that you could get away with nothing else but those nasty looking runem over things sticking out from the chassis and the dozer blade to just plow em over and into either just road kill or a puddle of nothing left but for the vultures to pick at. Good job so far Bob I can not wait to see what else comes out of the ideas that you are squeezing out.

(B)As Bob (OD) put it, just trying is more fun than all of the kits that I have built or destroyed before this campaign started and is just waaaayyyy! toooooo! much fun than should be legal. Not only have I gained in my building skills here in this campaign I have also met some good builders / freinds and in no small measure had more fun than the last (10) years put together. Thanks for the fun guys and it is not over yet. Oh! Justin where is that drawing of the suit that your were talking about.

Bob

A)- Thank you...this was my 1st attempt at plumbing an engine and from what I've seen...won't be my last{given decent reference pics!}
B)- I've never met a kit that I haven't liked...if it won't work for you out of the box then it'll make for something better down the road!...cept for that stupid russian kit tank in 1/20 scale I had - no detail what so ever and the tracks sucked bigtime...that one wasn't worth saving!{ok - there's "1" kit I guess}.
MakarOFF
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
entire network: 9 Posts
KitMaker Network: 8 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 07:38 PM UTC
Hello all. My name is Alexander I am from Moscow, Russia. I would like to join to yours END OF DAYS groupbuilding. The groupbuilding is not popular in Russia.

I wish to build car based on HMMVW Italery6387/Zvezda3576 It will be a postapocalyptic car with crane.

AussieReg
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 07:53 PM UTC
Hi Alexander. I see that you have already enlisted, so it's official now, welcome to the mad house !! It's great to have you on board and I like what you've done so far.

Make sure you post lots of notes and pictures of your progress, we are all learning off each other here.

Cheers, Damian
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 08:38 PM UTC
Hello Alexander, we need a crane to help out with disabled vehicles and yours looks good so far. And as Damian said post frequently so that the flow of ideas and information helps each memeber with their own builds. Again nice tow truck, what material did you use for the mesh on the windscreens and what color / scheme will you use? Oh! we here on this campaign are quite looney so jump in . By enlisting you are allready initiated. Welcome aboard Hermon and Damians mad house.

Bob