Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
The story behind your screen name
fafhrd47
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 52 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 12:20 PM UTC
my name comes from fritz lieber's books - they met at laakmar.- the barabian fafhrd.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
entire network: 1,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 188 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 - 03:13 PM UTC
Nickname gaved to me by a friend (I really look like the cartoon, and the personality.....). The number after was my cadet ID number in the Naval Academy.
best regards
Anti44Hero
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 42 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 02:54 AM UTC
I got my name a in about the 8th grade when my teacher was talking about differenty character types. In literature and film, an anti-hero is a character that possesses some of the personality traits and weakness traditionally assigned to villains, outlaws and those that either are shunned by society or do not abide by the status quo, but nonetheless have enough heroic qualities and intentions to align them with the heroes in the readers' minds.

I liked the idea of an Anti-Hero and it just kinda stuck, the 44 is my hockey jersey number.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 03:15 AM UTC

It was .".Rommel"..for many army years ..another story :-)
NOW........BARV

OR on other sites

........Trailblazer
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:58 AM UTC
That's easy for me...Neb L. Weffah = Nebelwerfer

I new a guy once named 'Neb' so I always that that was a cool name. Where are you 'Neb'? I never knew whether is was short for 'Nebucadnezer' or what...
sonja-blue
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 07:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My dearly beloved uses the name Betheyn as her internet name( her names Lena, go figure), and when i joined Amorama i couldn't be bothered to change it. Now i have got a girls name because I'm a lazy ba........ :-) :-)

As Andy said, Betheyn was my user name for all my e-mail and internet uses.(He STOLE it.) The name came from my favourite set of books by Melanie Rawn. To top it all off, Yoghurt (my daughter)joined Amorama using my Betheyn e-mail address, so when I wanted to join Armorama, I couldn't use my user name or e-mail address and had to create another one. Sonja-Blue comes from a set of books by Nancy A. Collins, about a vampire/human hybrid who hunts and kills vampires. She takes no s%&t and I thought she was cool. Nonsense really, lol

Lena
sas
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 12:13 PM UTC
I chose my name after an encounter at a central interior British Columbia hobbyshop.I had taken up the hobby in the late 70s and was doing alot of displays in the front windows when a call came from the store manager to come over right away. There was a gentlemen chatting with the owner when I was introduced as the builder,the gent offered to purchase all 4 SAS dios that were on display,I nervously said 100 dollars,he said sold! As we were taking them out of the window he mentioned to me that they will have to be plexiglassed before being packed,they were headed for England. He explained that he was on vacation here in Canada to visit his daughter,doing some shopping when he spotted the dios. His great interest in the desert dios was because he was ex SAS
of the original war time members and that`s why I chose sas
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi

My one is easy picked it up a few years ago at work from the Adam Sadler movie Waterboy.

I often used to get the guys & gals tea, coffee and water whilst working.

My work friend Pete grabbed my surname and called me "Fordboy". Since I like the Waterboy movie and Pete and I shared a similar zany sense of humour I kind of liked it and adopted it as a simple internet name.

Everytime I use it I think of Pete and our fond times working together on IT night shift.

I think only one person has ever taken real exception to it and surprisingly it was some one on this site.

Regards

Sean
kf8xo
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 05:41 AM UTC
KF8XO-My Amateur Call Sign. You can find me in the 40 meter AM window occasionally.

73's!
Frankenstein
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 7 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
That's easy

I'm 7'4", green with a flat head and bolts in my neck... I guess it was just fate.... :-) :-) :-)

jk.

I'm a set decorator in Toronto and have been asked on many occaisons to come up with solutions to problems we have on set (make the toaster pop on cue, celery stalk in the eye that won't blind the actor, ect) The guy I work with usually says "Just give it to Kev, he'll Frankenstein it somehow..." And it kinda stuck.

I use it as my call sign on all forums I'm a member of as well as online gaming.
spacejunkie
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 07:43 AM UTC
I've allways been a huge fan of NASA and space exploration. Not so much on Sci-Fi, And then I added my zip code. Voila!
Regards,
Bill in SLC
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 07:49 AM UTC
Collecting Third Reich steel helmets was born from building armor models.

Cody
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 08:16 AM UTC
Mine is pretty simple.

DT = my initials
61 = yr of birth

Darryl
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:35 AM UTC
Mine came from having to work on our old M1 tanks all the time. Seems like they broke all the time too. Was an M1 mechanic for 10 years
FiveOduece
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 159 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2006 - 01:22 PM UTC
Simple,

After Reading several books on the 101st Airborne in WWII. The 502nd or Five-O-deuce(screen name spelled wrong), was the original parachute regiment of the 101st.
The book that really got me going was "D-Day with the Screaming Eagles" By George Koskimaki. Chapter 11 covers the 502nd nicely.

Side Bar.... The entire series of books by Koskimaki are great!
Austin0311
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 61 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 03:01 AM UTC
My first name is Austin and I was an 0311 (Rifleman) in the USMC.
camogirl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,045 Posts
KitMaker Network: 57 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 09:10 PM UTC
My call sign came from a nickname i got at sixth form while doing my a-levels a couple of years ago. I was a cadet at the local ATC squadron (before i became a staff member over a year and a half ago) and i enjoyed ground defence training and nearly always ended up wearing combats. A photo of me in combats ended up in the local paper and my friends came up with the name and it stuck. :-) :-)
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 02:15 AM UTC
When I first needed a screen name for our first online account I used my familys first initials G-Gary , C-Carol K-Kara and our state Pa, the two was necessary after a system crash our internet provider wouldn't accept GCKPA plain anymore so I had to throw the 2 on it.
Avus
Visit this Community
Roma, Italy
entire network: 302 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2006 - 02:09 PM UTC
My nick ...
My name is Klaus, if you write it like the ancient Romans would have you get KLAVS, then you you cut the KL and get AVS which become AVUS, that means ancestor in Latin
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 05:57 AM UTC
When I was a kid two of my favorite TV shows were the Rat Patrol and the Green Hornet. I guess the former led to my interest in WWII, history tanks & planes etc while the latter led to my interest in Bruce Lee and the martial arts. WingTzun (laso spelled Wing Chun) is the martial art that Bruce Lee studied before creating his own style JKD. I started studying Wing Tzun about 10 years ago and now I teach it as well. When I joined the group and was looking for an icon the jawa like one seemed to have that ninja look and I also happen to love Star Wars so it kinda just came together.
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 04:45 AM UTC
I work as a lighting tech on all kinds of jobs but for the past 6 years its been mainly rock and roll tours.
Collectively we are known as "Lampies"..Easy as that!
If any of you caught the REM tour of europe in 2005 I was the guy climbing the wire ladder onto the front truss everynight to run one of the followspots
I also worked on Motorhead tours for a couple of years which kind of explains why Im deaf as well as mad :-)
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2006 - 08:30 AM UTC
Mines kinda self explanetory look at my Sig.- That's me.
oboat
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
entire network: 33 Posts
KitMaker Network: 29 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 05:18 PM UTC
Hello All, Mine is easy, well for me anyway. I am a Canadian Submariner and have saled on both Oberon Class as well as Victoria Class (ex upholder) been doing it for 17 yrs now . Different life (smelly also..diesel fuel). Cheers Pete Diesel Boats Forever..DBF Dolphin 64 a
triumph
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
entire network: 22 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 10:28 PM UTC

Riding motorcykles when nothing better to do and owning a triumph tt 600 since year 2000, and triumph transfers to triumf in norwegian the rest is self evident
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
entire network: 3,040 Posts
KitMaker Network: 251 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC
Well, mine is very boring. Just my name