Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Status Update!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 10:08 PM UTC
Thanks for the invite Boss. Been a little sick lately. Must be the weather & MY SICKENING NEW OFFICE.

BTW you can't upload any photos yet. Just took some photos of my finally completed vignette for my brother but couldn't upload any yet.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 - 01:10 PM UTC
hi guys..

just uploaded some photos for my finshed Divex3 campaign..

here;s the link

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/48174&page=1
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 02:01 PM UTC
update for today

still working on my seing red campaign....the T34/85 is almost finished....

PEsta Air Putrajaya...

well good news..my team got 3rd place .in the long boat tournament ..1st was Navy Divers and 2nd was UPSI students.... both of them are good..it was a good competition... we akk yang dah boroi kalau dengan navy and students..... puas hati because we manage to beat last yr champion (BOMBA)...

got a bronze medal , certificate and RM1200 to share with 24 ppls....

that's all folks
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 02:57 AM UTC
Congratulations on the win Boss. RM 1,200 divided by 24 persons doesn't leave much for modelling money. Boleh beli sikit paint ,though.
Valkyrie
Visit this Community
Alur Setar, Malaysia
entire network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 12:22 PM UTC
Hmm that would be RM50 per person....enough for a few bottles of paint or maybe a box of figures or accessories.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 06:28 PM UTC
hahaha...the money will be used for something else la... not related to models...but the team agree that no cash will be given to all.... all must be utilised in the form of makan or perhaps a new boat..haha
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 04, 2005 - 09:41 PM UTC
I m back! Have been laying low due to heavy work schedule, trying to secure a few projects for this year .

Currently working on a model for DDD campaign and hope to complete on-time.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 - 03:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I m back! Have been laying low due to heavy work schedule, trying to secure a few projects for this year .

Currently working on a model for DDD campaign and hope to complete on-time.

Welcome back Agrilion...
all of us must be too busy lately with the exception of myself...

update :

i just uploaded a few progress pic for my seing red campaign..it was T34/85 UTZ... just give him a coat of black ..i used Kyrlon spray can...i dont know what happen but the paint caused some texturing on the surface of the T34... this is really accidental.. but i like the effect..even the can was printed : smooth finish. anyway here's the link for my seing red campaign
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/48923&page=1
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
Boss like I said, I've got no internet access at the new office which is located in a God forsaken corner of Nilai. I've worked in some backward places before but this makes even Chenor look like a metropolis. No offense to anyone from Chenor.

Got your PM. Let me know of the latest development of your "latest" project or should I say the wife's latest model. Has painting started on your T34 since priming it?

They've posted up Part II of my article in the Feature section. Currently working on my next Nam dio based on a true story on a lone SOG team member surrounded by VC. Still stuck in my Nam mood. Tak tau bila mau sampai balik to WW II.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2005 - 10:06 PM UTC
Beachbum, sorry to hear about your new office... ijust be patient ok

ok here is a good news
my wife safely delivered a baby boy early in this morning at 1.35 am in putrajaya hospital... baby is 3.1 kg ..looking good
both mother and baby were in great shape... been discharge from ward at 2 pm.... now i'll on 7 days leave ..
i'll be in the in-law house in Ampang till next monday.......
so till then my friend

beachbum have the conn!!!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 08:04 PM UTC
CONGRATULATIONS Boss. I'm happy both are well and most of all you who will be getting 7 days leave. Lots of modelling time. Enjoy.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

CONGRATULATIONS Boss. I'm happy both are well and most of all you who will be getting 7 days leave. Lots of modelling time. Enjoy.

beachbum,

thanks bro...
7 days leave tak banyak i can do because i stay at my mother in law's house... just bring my t34 and managed to assembled and finished the tracks...

now i stay at home bujang.... plenty of modelling times..
CK, give me a call we can lepak at my place...but not till next week...this week busy laaaaa
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 08:13 PM UTC
status update:
... currently in a modelling slump, hoping to kick-start at it again this 3-day weekend. kits in progress, and in assembly/finishing line order, are:

1. afv sdkfz11 towing italeri pak 40- need to drybrush, add decals, set on simple base. some figs need to be done as well.
2. tamiya 251d stuka zu fuss- add decals to rockets, need to paint 2 figs, set on simple base.
3. dml brummbar- need to weather tracks, fix shurzen, paint 2 figs, set on simple base. submission for AO campaign, though doubt it will finish on time.
4. dml jagdpanzer iv- hoping to get airbrush work (basecoat & preshading) done this weekend. submission for TankDestroyer campaign.

..phew!
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:00 PM UTC
Haven't built anything for months now but did quite bit of painting. I gonna have trouble for the S&T session.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 02:14 PM UTC
My current updates:

Just finished 3 campaign which is DDD, Seing Red and recently Ardennes Offensive.
Next is F-14 for Air over the sea campaign. It's hasegawa 1/72 kit with raised panel lines. So i have to rescribe and redo the whole lines. Such a tedious job..been doing it since last 2 weeks ..work slowly ...i think may be finishing the panel lines on today or tomorrow..

as for personal life, still OK... the daughter casting have been removed......now she;s trying to get back on her feet again..
well , how about the others?? great to know what u are doing!

Well, this is from your mod today!
cheers and be safe!
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 03:03 PM UTC
currently... dml pz3 DAK, all paintjob done. finished drybrushing on the turret, so tonight DB on the hull. after that the 4 DAK crew figs... in-between these i'll be doing the jagdpanzer IV as well for the TD campaign...

phew!
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 101 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 07:12 PM UTC
After My EF-18B, I have 2 F-5s in the pipe line, 1/48 RF-5E with the rasin from Hobby HQ conversion, this one will have The TUDm 11 Skn marking and a 1/72 italari Rf-5A with spanish marking.... Sorry, still have no motivation to start a AFV kit..
Danial
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 693 Posts
KitMaker Network: 390 Posts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC
hello fellow neighbours...hey i was wondering is there any modelling shop in JB? can tell me? thanx...juz send me a msg..
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2005 - 12:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello fellow neighbours...hey i was wondering is there any modelling shop in JB? can tell me? thanx...juz send me a msg..

Howdy neigbour,

as far as my knowledge is concern, there're no hobby shop in JB with the exeption of Tamiya Toycity in Kotaraya (ground floor next to main entrance)...they have less stock of Tamiya MM nowadays.... that's what i can tell u right now as i always went to JB.......

may i ask do singapore's LHS ran out of stock?? u got plenty of modelling shop out there..hehe .. in fact i'm about to go to singapore next months for a course and perhaps i can do huge shopping out there......herk!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 04:15 PM UTC
Hi Gentlemen,

Been away from the forum for some time due to some travelling commitments. Unfortunately I've been even longer away from modelling as I'm still in my modelling slump. Hope this is the tail end and the mood is slowly coming back. Funny thing is I've not experience much withdrawal symptoms-lah.

Hope to get back to my Viet dio on a real story of a lone SOG man surrounded by VC.
masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 04:16 PM UTC
Hi,

There is suppose to have a Hobby Malayan in Senai Johor, but I do not have the contact, I heard they got most of their stock from MH S'pore.

So, batter shop in S'pore, and I will be there next week for work and will spare some time for plastic shopping...
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 04:35 PM UTC
good to hear you are back master CK...

welcome home to you..how is the pine tress??

btw, i have 2 extra sheet of decal paper in A4 size..it's white and for laser printer.. pls PM me. Price is rm15 one...and RM 26 for 2 sheets..

masterqq
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Viet dio on a real story of a lone SOG man surrounded by VC

Sound intersting, any preview??
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 05:18 PM UTC
current update:

1/72 F-14 HAsegawa kit...for air over the sea campaign...

need a couple of days to finished..... now just waiting for the final color.......and decalling

and another build was a flak ww2 bunker...the bunker was a custom dioramics production....the flak was flak 43 Italeri.....

alamak..my daugther berak la...got to change her!!!
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2005 - 07:10 PM UTC
Sil, thanks live update on your daugther. Cute :-)

Can we see of your works in the next S&T session? We see interesting photos of your works on the net. Now, we want to see the real thing! How about it Sil?