Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ladies Progress Only
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
The dope linen has be resprayed and with great results ! no cracking this time .
later tonight I will respay the black and should be able to do the brown rib tapes as well
My fingures are crossed .
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 01:30 AM UTC
good luck
If you want to see someone slowed down... wow!!! I am doing a mini for Wendy's campaign and so far have restarted 4 times and now I screwed the face up so had to restart that.. These things are so little I need to buy a microscope to see it.. But I'm having a blast doing it
Kelly
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 - 03:11 AM UTC
Glad to hear the good news Terri and looking forward to seeing the next set of photos. My paints have arrived (hurrah!) so I hope to start with the cockpit on Sunday once my current set of four night shifts are finished.

And I admire your determination Kelly as demonstarted by restarting the wee figure 4 times! I've just started on Alpine's 1/16 Panzer Officer "Groþdeutschland" and I too have decided to re-paint the face. Have just signed up to the maximize campaign so need to choose a new figure soon too.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 - 02:37 AM UTC
Okay Ladies we don't have much time left here and haven't heard anything for some of you yet . Can you please post a up date on where you are in your builds . If you need more time do to life's interference let me know .

I'm waiting for paint to dry so the gloss coat can go on and then the decals followed by the weathering . I hope to have this wrap up by end of the week with pic's posted .

I'm sure if any of us need help Kelly can lend us her crew to help finish the build !
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2008 - 02:30 AM UTC
I just have the lower brown taping to paint and then final assembly can begin .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 08:34 AM UTC
I've got three sets of four down days in my shift rota until the deadline of 29th Dec so that gives me a total of 12 days; so in theory I should be ok to finish in time. However I do also have an essay to write for the part time course I've started recently at Uni in WWII Studies and this also has to be in by the end of the year so the timeline for both is a wee bit tight. I hold up my hands to the fact that I should have ordered up my kit and paints earlier than I did and I should have started my essay last month so my great scheduling plan turned out not to be so great after all ... oh the benefits of hindsight.

Anyhow enough waffle ... the bottom line is I wouldn't say no to a wee extension as I am only working two nights between 23rd Dec and 6th Jan and once Christmas out the way, I would have plenty of time over the festive period to finish the build without rushing. However, I wouldn't want to put anyone out and if the deadline stayed as 29th Dec I'd pull out all the stops to meet it.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 11:43 AM UTC
Im okay with an extension.
Kelly
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 01:15 PM UTC
Hi Emma and Kelly ! For a while their I was thinking I was the only one still doing this . Haven't heard anything from the other Ladies on their builds . So maybe they gived up and no longer want to be involved . I will send them a PM and find out if they need more time . I will grant it if more are in agreement , then again I feel that I need more time as well . So I will set the cut off date to the 15 of Jan / 09 and Voting will start on the 17 Jan / 09 .

Emma I know all to well on trying to stay with with a schedule , never work out in the end and end up doing some things at the last minute . so for that I give a glass of wine or two to you !!!!!
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC
Wine!!!!!! I want one too... 15th sounds good to me...
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 01:48 PM UTC
Okay , you can have some as well !

Cheers
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 02:15 PM UTC
Thanks for the extension and the wine Will look forward to a glass or two once I've finished tonight's shift. I'm working tomorrow night (Mon) and then I'm off for four nights so should be able to report some progress by start of next week. And lets hope the other ladies can be encouraged back into the fold by the extension. Cheers
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 10,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,873 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 07, 2008 - 02:45 PM UTC
I will get Danielle’s progress uploaded with her this weekend coming (13th/14th), I am afraid I have been neglecting my fatherly duties due to my work schedule (I work 12 hour nightshifts), and Danielle’s schedule (Teenage girl fitting in Air Cadets and travelling the globe). So we don’t get a lot of time together, I will make a point of spending an hour or two each evening with her getting her build completed and uploaded.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 03:39 AM UTC
No worries at all Darren , rest of the Ladies like having the extension . So you don't have to rush to have the project finished around the 13/14 or so . Time is something I wish i had more of it's just these little things like work and friends which seem to throw everything out the window along with the clock !

I will have some more pic's up of my latest progress this afternoon .
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 10:06 AM UTC
Hey there gals,
Sorry that I haven't posting lately. I took a bad fall and screwed up my right shoulder, and it's taken me almost 3 months to get into a bone doctor. I went to my family doctor, and he tried to tell me that my injury was a result of my Tae Kwan Do classes and not the fall. I had to argue with him and explain how I fell countless times before he finally got it! No wonder I hate doctors.

Anyway, here is what little progress that I have made. I will finish this kit even if I miss our deadline.

thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 08, 2008 - 02:12 PM UTC
Looking really geart so far penny ! Can't wait to see more of the build

Here is some more pic's of what else has been done on what is turning out to be very frustrating project !

thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 02:17 PM UTC
Started the decaling , pic's up when they are dried . so in the mean time have a beer
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 03:15 PM UTC
or two
cant wait to see the pic's.
Kelly
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 10:59 PM UTC
Terri and Penny your builds are looking good!
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 12:16 AM UTC
Penny. Its looking great. sorry I missed the pic;s first time around.
Kelly
probably was the wine
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 05:07 PM UTC
Thanks Emma and Kelly . Decaling is almost done now , I'll have pic's up in a few days .
Wendy
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 260 Posts
KitMaker Network: 31 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 05:31 AM UTC
Greetings,
Here's a pic of my (lack of) progress. Between getting a bunch of commissions and getting sick, I haven't gotten near as much done on him as I'd like. The face is the most important part of a figure though, so there's no rushing it. I'm not happy with the eyes and it needs some more blending, but it's a start. The barely visible parts in the pic which are painted black are all the chain mail parts on the fig. The black is prep for metallic paint which will be dry brushed on.

I'll keep plugging away on him between the commission stuff. Hopefully I can do this fig justice. I appreciate the extra time, by the way.

calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 06:12 AM UTC
looks great the way you have it now... plenty of time left so dont rush.
Kelly
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 03:54 AM UTC
Wow , looking excellent Wendy , now I can't wait to see the rest of it ! How did you do the blending of the colours , or what colours did you use ?
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 07:50 AM UTC
Decals are nice and dry now for handling . Few spots to touch up and the weather can begin after a coat of dull coat . Rest of the tail plane will be add after all the weathering and rigging is done . I have broken them off two times now !

More to come in the next few days .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 - 08:09 AM UTC
Wendy I think the face looks fantastic as is ... you must be a perfectionist! And Terri the plane's going to be a cracker ... I just love the wood effect on the propeller.

I have finally started my build (hooray!) and have made up various sub assemblies. Ran out of time before returning to work for my next set of night shifts so haven't been able to break open any paint yet but hoping to get cockpit painted and the fuselage put together on my next set of down days after which I'll get some photos up loaded.