Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Ladies Progress Only
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 06:33 AM UTC
Kelly, very nice job! I like your weathering a lot. That three-tone camo is one of my favorites, and not easy to accomplish, but I think you really nailed it. Nice touch toning everything down with the dusting (thinned buff was it?).

I hope you are up and about, and feeling better, soon.

Cheers,
Mike
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 06:42 AM UTC
Thanks MJ. yep I used the thinned buff and some of my makeup for the dirt and stuff this is the first time I tried using the makeup but Tamiya is selling the stuff now I noticed in the LHS that is what gave me the idea.
Later,
Kelly
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 09:57 AM UTC
LOL !! I don't know, Kelly. What with eye-shadow sponges, nail files, clippers, nail polish remover (with acetone)...my wife says I'm spending more time in the women's section of Osco than she is. I don't know if I'll figure out the makeup stuff...maybe I'll stick with the pastel powders .

Cheers,
Mike

calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:05 AM UTC
I can see it now you and the cosmetic's lady discussing the shades and subtle highlight for a panzer IV
Kelly
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:37 AM UTC
Hi
some nice builds being done.
keep them coming .
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 - 10:45 AM UTC
Thanks muddyfields much appricated
Removed by original poster on 11/10/08 - 10:46:22 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 11/10/08 - 10:45:28 (GMT).
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 - 10:56 PM UTC
It's a start of sorts ... my Hasegawa 1:72 TA-7C Corsair II kit is finally in my possession. Uploaded a photo of the kit sprues into my gallery but experienced a few problems getting the said photo uploaded into this post; user error I'm afraid. And this is after I read the "how to" instructions .... Doh!!! Will be forced to seek assistance later .... know a couple of bods who should be able to help out an IT dunce

Photo upload into post issues aside, I hope to start the build proper next week. Might even see about taking a couple nights off work next week to help get the ball rolling.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 06:09 AM UTC
Emma get a hold of Terri she has the photo thing down to a science I look forward to seeing your progress
later,
Kelly
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 6,743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 456 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 06:24 AM UTC
Emma PM sent on the photo troubles you are having .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 08:25 AM UTC
Third time lucky?

GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hurrah!!!!

Thanks for the help Terri

The photo is a wee bit on the small side but to be honest, right now, I'm just relieved its visible! Just hope I can remember for next time .......
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 - 08:50 AM UTC
No worries at all Emma . Before up loading pic's to your gallery , resize them on your computer first to 640x480 . Once they have been up load to your gallery you can not resize them .
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 05:47 AM UTC
Okay here is some pic's of what I have gotten done . There is some faults in the kit , but I will not go over them here and finding ref's for the cockpit I wasn't able to really find anything so I could redo things or add . So this will be done OOB . I did add seat belts to the seat . and a light weathering of pastel chalk and washes of black .

I will add more weathering to it before the halves are glued together . I have to let set with what I have done so far before adding more .

How are the rest of you Ladies doing with your builds ?
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 - 02:51 AM UTC
The halves have been joined and seams cleaned up and ready for the primer . Then I can start the airframe colour , weathering and final assembly to follow . Pic's to come soon .
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 - 07:59 AM UTC
look's really good Terri.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 17, 2008 - 03:28 AM UTC
Thanks Kelly . I will have some more painting done it today and pic's to follow soon .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, November 20, 2008 - 03:32 PM UTC
I agree with Kelly ... looking good Terri.
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 03:54 AM UTC
Thanks Emma ! I did spray the primer coat and it has been sitting for a few days now , tonight the airframe will get its linen coat and colour coat . I will have pic's of this up on monday or the following day . How are you doing on your build ?

How are the rest of you doing ? Haven't heard any progress of late ? Every one doing Okay ?
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 06:26 PM UTC
Well , I was doing well with the painting until I removed the masking tape , which ended up lifting the paint in big sheets !!!! . out came the air brush and redid it , with the end results being the paint started to crack and turn the whole into cr&p ! Now I have to start over again , Strip off what ever paint remains and begin once again .

I was hopeing that by tomorrow night I would have been able to spray the brown ribs and have some pic's up , this will take a few more days before this happens now !

If any one knows why the paint cracked when dried , I sure would like to avoid this from taking place again .
GunLayer
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:32 PM UTC
Sorry to hear about your masking and paint mishaps Terri. Hoping to hear and see soon that your build is back on track.

My Corsair model build schedule has had to be radically revised (i.e. the entire build is going to take place in December!) given that postal delivery times have been much longer than anticipated. First the kit took a couple of weeks to arrive and now I'm waiting for the paint to be delivered after my local model shop (which isn't actually that local) didn't have the paints I need in stock. It's all good experience!!! But the kit sprues are all washed and ready to go

Now realise that Kelly had the right idea after all by not levaing her build to the last minute!
jaypee
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,699 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 - 11:55 PM UTC
Bad luck Terri, I have at least one of these panics in every build. If the primer lifted, was the primer aryclic? a good wash in water and maybe a wipe with isopropyl prior to application. I tend to remove masking before it is totally dry and still a little elastic if possible that seems to help, having had paint crack before on me too.
Hope you don't damage the interior removing the paint those floor planks esp look brilliant.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 01:22 AM UTC
better offer a sacrifice to the modeling god's. sounds like bad news I have no idea why that would happen with the paint... as for the post office well its the post office Still allot of time left and if I had not been laid up who knows if I would have been done or not...
Later,
Kelly
thegirl
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 - 03:00 AM UTC
I know the feeling of what the postal service can be . I can wait up for two months for something to come from the states and we are on the same con/us . Go figure . Still lots of time left Emma for the build , which I'm glad I give this one some time , for mishaps and all ! Some of the Hobby Shops are like that here as well , never seem to have the paints I need .
Well Jaypee , I used acrylic paints Polly scale , never had this happen before and I did wash the parts and wiped them with alcohol only thing that I can think off on why this happened , old paint or I didn't let it dry enough , still not sure on why it cracked . I did start the stripping off the paint and no interior detail was lost so all is good .

Kelly you are a lean mean building machine , you turn out more kit's then I do ! Even when you are not laid up . You can come and build what I have in my stash , it's like walking into a hobby shop ! So many choices and little time .