_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
How has Armorama/KM changed your hobby life?
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 07:48 PM UTC
When I showed my first (pityful) model on ML, (staff) Jim invited me to post on Armorama as well. Took me a few months to actually make my first posts (I was very shy :-) ), but I was lurking a lot.
I count Armorama as part of my hobby ... as it went hand in hand, with my modelling since, basically the start. So as long as I build models, IŽll be coming here!
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,158 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 08:40 PM UTC
I've learned a great deal on various techniques for finishing kits. I think my skills have drastically improved by being able to mimic weathering and other techniques I've seen here.
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 09:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've learned a great deal on various techniques for finishing kits. I think my skills have drastically improved by being able to mimic weathering and other techniques I've seen here.

I have already posted on this thread Thomas but I think you have said it best. Armorama and KM have greatly influenced and helped to sharpen my skill in modeling which in turn has increased the enjoyment level I get from this hobby. Even my wife has called my models objects of art!? I don't think they are actually that good but with the help I get here, I think I will improve in time.

Cheers, Gary
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 747 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 05:09 AM UTC
I've learned how to PO my art teacher. :-) :-) :-)
james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 12:13 AM UTC
I'm currently out of the modelling scene for the moment, not enough time and all my stuff is in Shetland. But I only have a few months left at Glasgow university so I will be getting back into it.

I find the site really useful for kit reviews and general tips about modelling. The news is useful to and now I am aware of a huge number of companies selling good models.

Before I stumbled on this site by chance I had never heard of Tank, or Eduard. Now I am fully aware of all the companies out there in the modelling world. Before I just knew about Tamiya.

Well I'll get back to lurking and will start to look for a digital camera so that I can post some shots in the summer.

Jamie
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 04:23 AM UTC
I have learned that alot has changet the 15 years that I have been out of it. If I can ever give up R/C airplanes I'm going to jump back into armor modeling with both feet. This is the only place I have contact with other armor modelers, because there is no clubs or other armor modelers in my area.
 _GOTOTOP