Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What's your day job?
bf443
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 895 Posts
KitMaker Network: 135 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 09:22 AM UTC
Captain Fire Department. Eagle, Idaho (:-)
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 09:33 AM UTC
Hi guys...I'm a Screener for the Transportation Security Administration, who happens to be assigned as a trainer right now. I was an MP in the Army and trained in Germany for 21/2 years. Lived in Germany for 12 years all total.
Merry Christmas. Bodeen
tek2
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 156 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 11:10 AM UTC
Hi All
I'm a Graphic Artist working in Desk Top Publishing (printing industry). Hard times here on Long Island.
I have been unemployed for about 2 years now. I'm thinking of moving to another state. (:-)
Modeling keeps my mind off my troubles.
darkstar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 209 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 12:49 PM UTC
hey all i'm an ex trucker of 15 yrs..owner operator running for LandStar Ranger..forced off the road after becoming an insulin dependant diabetic..oh well another problem to add to the list...lol Now i do district support in the buffalo area for H&R Block..yes the people you will all be coming to see over the next few months..to share your money with the
I.R.S. ..and i do taxes also...off season theres a do not disturb sign on the workshop door..(only place i can sneak a nap..dreaming of kits and kitbashes...lol..See yas next month...
Ray
warhog
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 568 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 05:34 AM UTC
im currently an driving instructor for schneider national teaching people how to drive 18 wheelers...been doing that for 9 years before that spent 8+ years in the army as a tanker(armor crewman) also have a degree in culinary arts(cooking) .any how thats my life story....larry (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) #:-)
menglish
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 14 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 07:15 AM UTC
I am a Network Engineer for a national IP backbone run (for this moment) by Allegiance Telecom. I work in Greenbelt, Maryland.
LIFER
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
Work for the same company over 30 years as power engineer operating boilers for lumber drying also idustrial first aid attendant and kiln operater as well as security all these titles mean I have to work today (christmas) because we can't leave the boilers unattended. So I don't get to see what Santa brought until later today. Happy holidays all and good health.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 171 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 08:03 AM UTC
Cheif Financial Officer of an Indian tribe in Alaska, part time college student and teacher.
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 08:11 AM UTC
Currently I'm still studying. But I do get a bit of allowance for playing in the local basketball team, which leaves me not much time to build models.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 08:34 AM UTC
Ex Tanker from '74-'78.Then got in on the ground floor of electronic ceramics.
Currently a QC inspector/toolsetter,ceramic mixer in Mass.Though I live over the border in RI.
herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 08:49 AM UTC
HI

I feel like we did this a year ago!!

I'm a professor at the Rochester Institute of Technology.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Andy
trdnfigrhead
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 09:26 AM UTC
I'm currently working for a Canadian cellphone company. I don't have to work too hard, but I get yelled at all day; so I build models. (I've always built models, but that's my current excuse ) Anyways, can't wait for boxing day!! (Shopping like MAD!!!!) #:-)
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 09:10 PM UTC
I used to work as a Medical Lab Tech until about a year ago. Now I'm on long term disability which gives me ample time to do my models, but sometimes not enough money to keep myself in sufficient stock.!
wilson
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
entire network: 129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 09:33 PM UTC
I am in Consruction and maintenence on the highways in Hampshire, working out of Southampton! I also grit/salt the roads and clear them of snow when it falls, so winter is a bad time for modeling!!!

Sam
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 01:01 AM UTC

I'm the 3rd one in 13+ pages to admit to being a lawyer. Not in private practice though. I work for the Department of Justice in Queensland, Australia ( 25 years now) and after 7 yrs external study have been admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme and High Courts. I am currently the Registrar of the local Magistrates Court - so I have a staff of 126 and have to ensure the right files hit the right Courts at the right times etc.

With my degree I also act as Magistrate about 12 weeks per year - filling in when people are on leave - and hoping it will lead to an appointment for me too!!!! So I get to send customers to people like Monte to look after, feed and accomodate for periods up to three years.

After courting (22 years married) 6 years in the Army Reserve and then 9 studying (work then degree) I felt it was time to return to my teenage love - MODELLING.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.

Brian
Sealhead
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 427 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC
Dear Modelers,

What a fascinating door that got opened. If this was done last year, excuse me for re-asking, as I just learned about this great web-site a few months ago. My observations so far.

1. A lawyer that models is one that I would be glad to work with.
2. Thanks to all of you that responded, and probably broke an Armorama record for a forum topic.
3. Thanks to all that serve or have served in their nation's defence.
4. Best wishes to those unemployed, disabled, underemployed, or that work in difficult conditions.
5. This is the modern version of "ham" (amatuer radio). Replies have come from all over the world.
6. Happy, safe and healthy New Year's to you all, and ....
7. THANK YOU ARMORAMA!

Sealhead (Kansas Sunflower)
StarTraveler
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 109 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 07:32 AM UTC
I am the Medical Services Manager for International Operations at an oilfield company in Lafayette, Louisiana. I have been int he oilfield for 10 years, then 7 years riding ambulances as a paramedic in southern Louisiana.
Nailz
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 08:38 AM UTC
I'm a Software Consultant for a large enterpise data enterprise company. Before that I was a flight controls engineer at Boeing working on the 737-800/900 and the 757-300 airplanes.
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 08:42 AM UTC
Director of Human Resources for a company with 2000 employees ...
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 09:01 AM UTC
Sorry for this being my second posting to the thread, but I'm surprised at how few teachers there are here, and not surprised at how many IT/telecom/computer professionals.

Mike
Venom
Visit this Community
Alessandria, Italy
entire network: 720 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 10:01 AM UTC
I'm a university student of multimedia tecnology and comunication science

I'm also do some works like web designer and web developper...now I'm a multimedia director for the realization of an interactive web site for a museum.

I also did some flash and 3d works
Bomberman
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 84 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 11:53 AM UTC
Hi all,
Season's greetings.
I am a officer in the South African Police Services attached to the Explosives Unit of the Forensic Science Laboratory. I do bomb disposal ( EOD and IED ), fire scene investigations, all incidents involving radioactive material and hazardous materials as well as commercial explosives control. The area I serve is approximately 2400 sq Km and has a population of over 8 million souls. I do have one partner and since we work on the buddy system we are quite busy. Whenever I'm not doing what I'm paid for, I am modeling. The bomb technician bit has been going on for 15 years, including some downtime for being blown up, and the modeling bit has been going on close to 30 years. I'm still learning a lot, especially from you guys. Keep it up. I'd like to hear from other bomb techs.
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:05 PM UTC
psychotherapist/Ph.d student
Copper
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 29 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 03:06 PM UTC
Police Officer with the provincial police in Ontario for 20 yrs now. When not working or showing our pure bred golden retrievers I do some modeling. I have been lurking for and this will be my first post. Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year!
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 03:59 PM UTC
After 21 years in the Military as a Combat Engineer I retired in 2001 and now I drive a Zamboni at the Hockey rink on base for a living.