_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
NEW SERVER: Bug reports here please
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 01:30 PM UTC
We are fully up on the new server. There will be bugs. I have squashed as many as I can before needing sleep. Work tomorrow so don't look for any fixes till tomorrow night.

Report any bugs here (and only here) please.

Thanks,
Jim
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 02:05 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the relatively smooth transition. I've only noticed one thing and that is missing advertisements on all the Reviews pages and while reading Reviews. A message in red comes up in the place of the ad. It reads this:

Warning: include(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Reviews/index.php on line 1071 Warning: include(http://adserver.kitseller.net/index.php?section=serve&action=7&type=raw): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Reviews/index.php on line 1071 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://adserver.kitseller.net/index.php?section=serve&action=7&type=raw' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Reviews/index.php on line 1071

Sorry to be the party pooper, but as much as we all hate advertisements, I guess they are essential for the funding of kitmaker and the growth of the modelling market.

Chas
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 02:45 PM UTC
Congrats on the new server move, Jim, and many thanks, for sure!

In addition to Mr. Young's report of the failed ad on the "Reviews" page, the gremlins that I've spotted thus far is, on the "Events" tab:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user 'MYSQL_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/events/includes/php-dbi.php on line 48 Error connecting to database:
Access denied for user 'MYSQL_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

And upon entering, on top of the "Administration Menu" home page, this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29

Ack!! I made an .html tag edit in a feature that is in the "staging' area, Jim, after clicking the "Accept Changes" button, we get this prompt:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php:29) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/mainfile2.php on line 562 , but the edit changes that I made were successful, regardless of the prompt.

Here's another, Jim.
Upon attempting a banner upload to a staged Feature article (which may pertain to the gallery changeover) I receive this prompt:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/mgadmin/public_html/images/sections/featured/home_article_1930.gif): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Sections/admin/modules/sections.php on line 726

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpox4r1m' to '/home/mgadmin/public_html/images/sections/featured/home_article_1930.gif' in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Sections/admin/modules/sections.php on line 726
Possible file upload attack! Here's some debugging info:
Array
(
[userfile] => Array
(
[name] => home_article_1930.gif
[type] => image/gif
[tmp_name] => /tmp/phpox4r1m
[error] => 0
[size] => 15842
)

)

Thanks again for the upgrade, Captain!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:16 PM UTC
Hi Jim

Many thanks for all your hard work!

In addition to finding some of the above, and it's a minor point, the Forum order on Aeroscale has got a bit muddled.

Thanks again, all the best

Rowan
youngc
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:22 PM UTC
Hi Jim again,

Campaign ribbons are a not showing in some places, the killer red x is taking hold sporadically both in user profiles and where the ribbons are displayed on the campaign description page.

Merlin, I already mentioned that

Chas
Glue_Huffer
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 63 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:37 PM UTC
I've noticed that although users are making new posts all the time, the little "New Posts" checkmark image isn't showing up in front of each subforum, and threads that do have new posts in them aren't being highlighted.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 04:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Merlin, I already mentioned that

Chas

Hi Chas

So you did - duly deleted!

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And upon entering, on top of the "Administration Menu" home page, this:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29

Hi Jim

Same message on entering Edit Mode on an existing News Item or Feature - not on a Review though...

All the best

Rowan
youngc
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 05:15 PM UTC
Me again (being a lurker comes in handy sometimes eh?)

Additional bugs on the campaign description page (thats the best name I can come up with, I'm talking about the page users give the overview, rules and regs, guidelines for their campaign)

The entire graphic formerly situated in the top right corner of the screen is missing (the graphic which says 'eyes only: top secret' etc.

I'm sure these are just little things compared to the difficulties the Managing Editors are experiencing, but all the less, everyone likes the perks.

Rowan, no stress, love your work.

Chas
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 06:25 PM UTC
Following message and blank screen when publishing homepage message:

Quoted Text

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php:29) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/mainfile2.php on line 562

Message was made active regardless.
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 07:43 PM UTC
Hi Jim,
Don't know if this is a 'bug' or if it has anything to do with the server changeover but I thought it was a bit odd.
On the forum thread (URL listed below) the answer is posted before the question. Although the time frame on both postings seem to be correct, wouldn't the post with the question be the first and all 'answers' follow?

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/113447&page=1

Cheers,
Charles
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 08:48 PM UTC
Have uploaded photos perfectly to my gallery but am unable to insert pics or links in forum post. If I left click on 'linked thumbnail' and then paste in the post,only the last photo I pasted before the server move gets posted. If I copy and paste the HTML code,then it's a red X.
You're doin' a great job,Jim.Hang in there!

drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:48 PM UTC
well this is not a bug but...

Kitmaker has never ever been this fast and that is goooooooooooddd!!!!!

but the screensettigns don't seem to be correct, i have to scroll to see the publicity on the right side of the screen.

It looks like you forgot to take into account the size of the vertical scroll bar in resolution 1024*768
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 01:16 AM UTC
Thanks for all the bugs. I will get to them all in time.

Drabslab: The size of the site hasn't changed. Although when you are logged in it's a bit wider than not. Which I need to address.

Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 01:22 AM UTC
Rick,
It appears the URL of the site (http://gallery.kitmaker.net) is missing from the image part of the tag. I can fix this but if you add that in as I did above in your post it will work.

Also if you want the full-size image to show just remove '/thumbs' from the text.

Jim
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 01:42 AM UTC
Ola Jim

When trying to add pictures to a review I get this message

Warning: require_once(/home/mgadmin/public_html/includes/classes/class.database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Reviews/photos.php on line 19

Don't really know where it comes from. One thing that is also missing in the new gallery is the little area where the IMG ID stood. Was very easy to use. Now I fished the ID out of the URL on top of the page when the Pic that I wanted in the review was loaded in the gallery. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I haven't yet found out another way of adding pics to reviews that works.
I just tested it with OD's and there it does the same giving the same string of code.

I also have to say that this new server is a really good step... the Gallery is moving pretty fast now... before that you had to hit it with a stick to get it moving. Great Job

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 03:33 AM UTC
Sorry, not a bug report... Managed to get my pictures on the post with the info found here.

Just wanted to say that the site is MUCH faster!

Thanks very much Jim!
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,425 Posts
KitMaker Network: 341 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 06:46 AM UTC
I encountered the same problem that Robert posted about adding photos to a Review using the Photo ID number in the URL.

Warning: require_once(/home/mgadmin/public_html/includes/classes/class.database.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/Reviews/photos.php on line 19
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
entire network: 2,315 Posts
KitMaker Network: 124 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:17 AM UTC
Jim
I don't know if it is due to the server change but i cannot load any of the post form any part of the kitmaker network when i am log in
it says no post but the title of the thread remains ??

Strange

BTW thanks for your work
seb
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 10:52 AM UTC
I got a small one for you.

when I went to upload photos, it said the following:

Disk space allowed on your account: 5,120kb (5,242,880 bytes)
Disk space used on your account: 395,789kb (395789 bytes)
Disk space remaining for your account: 4,734kb (4847091 bytes)

you'll notice the middle one says 395,789 kilobytes and 395789 bytes (395 kilobytes)

no big deal, but if you want to hear about bugs...

BTW, I am a software tester by trade - if you ever want anyone to really test your forum and log bugs, i'd be willing to do so (when I am not burned out doing for my real job).
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 11:57 AM UTC
Seb,
Can you give me more information or send me a screenshot. (armorama at gmail dot com). I would like to get a better idea of what you are reporting.

Thanks,
Jim

Quoted Text

Jim
I don't know if it is due to the server change but i cannot load any of the post form any part of the kitmaker network when i am log in
it says no post but the title of the thread remains ??

Strange

BTW thanks for your work
seb

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 01:09 PM UTC
Many of the other critical issues above are fixed. Off to bed.

Jim
ttecyl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 5 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 01:51 PM UTC

I hope this is a problem concerned with upgrade and not my lack of experience on the site, apologies if it is me.

When trying to upload images I get the following(in red):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2304 bytes) in/home/kitmaker/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

On the indicator it shows far more green than than red, having only submitted 4 images.

The disk space does not seem to add up either:

disk space allowed 5120kb (5,242,880 bytes)
disk space used 10513,687kb (10513687 bytes)
disk space remaining 4719kb (4832403 bytes)

Help would be appreciated

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 02:52 PM UTC
Hope you slept well
I managed to publish and add photots to the news story and What's new but when publihing I get this on screen

Quoted Text

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php:29) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/mainfile2.php on line 562

Although the story and the what's new were there when I looked for them.
Glue_Huffer
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 03:03 PM UTC
The bug I mentioned before about new posts in subforums and threads not being highlighted was fixed for a while, but seems to be back again.
 _GOTOTOP