Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
NEW SERVER: Bug reports here please
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
entire network: 2,166 Posts
KitMaker Network: 473 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 04:03 PM UTC
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I used to have unlimited disk space. Now I have a message telling me that I'm:

"over your quota for allowed disk space. Please remove images from your gallery to free up more space."

Now I have to go back and delete millions of my pictures, one by one, before I can add more...

Chas

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 04:05 PM UTC
Ola Jim

got the same problem as Pat. Was succesfull in adding pics to the review but when I wanted to anounce it in the forums through the what's new function it gave also this warning

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php:29) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/mainfile2.php on line 562

Just as with Pat the review was added though.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 05:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola Jim

got the same problem as Pat. Was succesfull in adding pics to the review but when I wanted to anounce it in the forums through the what's new function it gave also this warning

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php on line 29 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kitmaker/public_html/modules/NS-Admin/tools.php:29) in /home/kitmaker/public_html/mainfile2.php on line 562

Just as with Pat the review was added though.

Hi Jim

I hope you managed to get some well earned shut-eye! I just got the same error message when trying to add a new Vendor.

All the best

Rowan
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 05:42 PM UTC
The same string of code as I got in my last post also appears if I try to submit an OD. But again it works despite the code.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 08:47 PM UTC
To staff members...

Yes I know about that error message. It's not critical and it's not causing any problems.

Thanks,
Jim
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope this is a problem concerned with upgrade and not my lack of experience on the site, apologies if it is me.

When trying to upload images I get the following(in red):

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2304 bytes) in/home/kitmaker/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

On the indicator it shows far more green than than red, having only submitted 4 images.

The disk space does not seem to add up either:

disk space allowed 5120kb (5,242,880 bytes)
disk space used 10513,687kb (10513687 bytes)
disk space remaining 4719kb (4832403 bytes)

Help would be appreciated

This is actually a very common problem on a lot of sites using linux/php. Your image is probably very high-resolution and large in file size. This causes a problem when trying to resize. Sadly there is little to nothing I can do about this as we are already at 32MB for running PHP processes (which is the high range for most servers).

Thanks,
Jim
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 - 09:33 PM UTC
Ok, what about dropped posts.

I have submitted at least 3 in the past 24 hours that never showed up (and a lot more that have), including one to this thread about a bug uploading pictures (which i can't recreate till i get home).

has anyone else noticed that?

wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,425 Posts
KitMaker Network: 341 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:15 AM UTC
Encountered this one when using the Add Vendor feature under the Admin.

The Vendor was added to the list despite the error.

Also encountered the same error when updating the Vendor details once they had been created:

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok, what about dropped posts.

I have submitted at least 3 in the past 24 hours that never showed up (and a lot more that have), including one to this thread about a bug uploading pictures (which i can't recreate till i get home).

has anyone else noticed that?

Hmm, I think I have had this once. I put it down to me not hitting the submit button, or my mouse/cursor playing up.

Cheers
Henk
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 01:33 AM UTC
Again to staff.... any error with the number "29" in it is part of the same error. Noted and in que to be processed. Most likely last as this error actually has some odd relation to the help texts for the admin area and is not affecting page dynamics in the least.

Thanks,
Jim
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rick,
It appears the URL of the site (http://gallery.kitmaker.net) is missing from the image part of the tag. I can fix this but if you add that in as I did above in your post it will work.

Also if you want the full-size image to show just remove '/thumbs' from the text.

Jim

Jim,
Site URL is present but still no love. Gallery appearance is differant from old and only the one button-'more' is present. Right click/paste does not work. Delete /thumbs no go either. Scanned,checked,and rebooted my box-all ok
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 02:25 AM UTC
Rick,

try to open the picture in the gallery, then right click on the large pic and click on 'location'. Copy save the location, and add that in your post between the tags.
works for me at the ,oment.

Cheers
Henk
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
I added the pictures yesterday to an On Display (Tiger I by spiff), but held off on making it live until I uploaded the thumbnail pic. Just went there to finalize it, but the pictures are no longer in the feature?
The are in the gallery, but not in the (staged) feature.

Henk
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 05:19 AM UTC
I can't upload pictures at all using Firefox.

on the upload photos page, I see this at the top:

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kitmaker/gallery/uploadphoto.php on line 135

I can select pictures from my drive and submit, but then I get this on the following page.

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kitmaker/gallery/uploadphoto.php on line 135 Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kitmaker/gallery/uploadphoto.php on line 583

There was an error uploading this photo. Please report to System Administrator.

Works fine using IE7 though.
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 05:24 AM UTC
Also of note is that on the photo upload page, you do not see the the "if you prefer to upload to one of your albums..." option on the upload photos page at all in Firefox - the row is entirely missing. It is there in IE7.

I hate IE. Firefox is much better, and has more than 30% of the browser usage on the internet, so please fix these Firefox issues.... pretty please?
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also of note is that on the photo upload page, you do not see the the "if you prefer to upload to one of your albums..." option on the upload photos page at all in Firefox - the row is entirely missing. It is there in IE7.

I hate IE. Firefox is much better, and has more than 30% of the browser usage on the internet, so please fix these Firefox issues.... pretty please?

actually, now I am seeing both this bug and the previous one i reported in IE7 now as well as firefox, so there is no way for me to upload photos now...
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 10:29 AM UTC
aha. after re-booting my system and then properly logging into kitmaker before hitting the upload photos link, I can actually manage to upload photos.

I guess the difference is I was used to kitmaker asking me to login, and the error comes now when I haven't (and it doesn't ask).

This is kind of a bad bug anyway, since the upload photos link you get while making a forum post takes you straight to the upload page without asking for a log-in, and therefor giving the bug.

hope that helps.
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,249 Posts
KitMaker Network: 329 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 04:04 PM UTC
When I try to upload images into content storage I get this message in red.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/kitmaker/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

Nige
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 12:32 AM UTC
When editing a feature, after hitting 'save changes', the following message appears on a blank page

Cheers
Henk
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 01:08 AM UTC
uhm... on kitmaker gallery, if i click on one of my photos to view it, (what i assume is) the profile area says I registered in January of 1970...

I was like 3 months old, and I am pretty sure there was no internet back then.

actually, it seems to say everyone registered in January of 1970, so I guess this is a default for anyone who hasn't set up a kitmaker profile?
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 05:56 AM UTC
hello Jim,
i do not know if it is just me,but the site is getting slower.i use dial-up,but it has not been this slow before.if use to take 5-15seconds to load a page.now it can(but not always) take 1-3 minutes to load a page.

of course the weather is real nasty out here,high wind and snow.

it is not a real big problem,i just though you might want to know.

thanks for all you do.
cheers,
Bruce
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 5,425 Posts
KitMaker Network: 341 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 04:53 AM UTC
Jim,

Newly uploaded Vendor logos aren't displaying. They upload and are accepted but they don't display on the Reviews. Older logos display just fine.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 - 05:36 PM UTC
Not sure if it is related to the move or not but the hyperlink in the "IMPS Reg4" ad doesn't go anywhere.
Shaun
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 05:02 AM UTC
Everything seems to be working fine. The only problem I am having is the one I posted in the User Support forum in regards to the ENLIST button. I don't know if that is related to the new server or not. Other than that, everything seems to be fine.

HARV
AIRGUNNER
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 246 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2008 - 09:29 PM UTC
Hi Jim,

I get the same error as Nige (lampie):-

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/kitmaker/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

But I don't know what the fix is, can anyone help, I have loads of pictures to post but now I don't know how to!!