TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Most Annoying TV Commercial
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 03:35 AM UTC
Well I finally did see the Cingular commercial, and I think it cute.

BUT- for me so far this Holiday Season - The Most Annoying Commercial is the BMW one with the screaming kids. This annoys me so much that I would never buy a BMW now. Please folks keep your old home movies of your screaming kids for your own personal memories at family gatherings. Feel free to totally embarrass little Billy and Susie who are now 30 in the privacy of your home alone with other family members. I really don't appreciate the sudden screaming 30 to 40 decibels higher than the normal volume disturbing the peace and quite in my house.

The nitwit who decided to air this trash should be arrested for disturbing the peace!
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
Thats the best thing about having a DVR fast forward through the commercials :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 06:34 AM UTC
I haven't seen that BMW commercial yet, thankfully. Today I was in some store when the kid in the basket next to me apparently had just found his voice. He let out with a scream that I swear could put a F-16 on full afterburner to shame. His mother seemed to think it was cute. I might have hearing damage.

My personal most annoying commercial is the Jeep commercial with the booble heads and the REALLY annoying music. Even if I wanted to buy a Jeep I would NEVER consider one because of that commercial.

Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 06:59 AM UTC
Gotta go with Ridger and the bobbleheads. Makes me wonder what they were going for -- if you buy this car you are as smart as a bobblehead? And they only come to the gas station to throw out their garbage?
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:13 AM UTC
-currently it has to be the commercials for "Sonic" Those 2 idiots kill me. :-) Overall it would have to be all the commercials that have to do with all these minor illnesses..."Shy? Hey no problem buddy!" Take some Dioxyflavilracide and you will have the courage you need to go out there and be social!" Warning: Dioxyflavilracide may cause heart palpitations, genital warts, severe diarrhea, blindness, numbness in extremeties and or low bloodpressure.

WTF?!?!?!? :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 08:26 AM UTC
The Burger King commercials bug me. I just don't understand the Ford Bold Moves campaign
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:18 AM UTC
is there ANY TV commercial that is NOT annoying? I passionately HATE those from Gillette, sounds like they;re selling Action Man.....
Trying their stuff on freshly shaved fellas ( which probably shaved using an electric mahine first), to make us anything else......
Let's see if their products so good on a weeks worth of growth.
Not to mention those toothpaste commercials made like interviews.....

SmileyCentral.com
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:38 AM UTC
I stay up real late...I am sick to death of all the "chat line" commercials. It might not annoy me quit as bad except you see one, they show say a get a job commercial, then put the same call me commercial right back on. This goes on all night long.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:06 PM UTC
I hate those "Head On" commercials "Head On" did I say I really hated then "Head On"
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:58 PM UTC
With all due respect to our Commonwealth friends south of the Equator, I can't stand commercials that use an actor with an Aussie or Kiwi accent to hype the product. They all have to have it now, monkey see, monkey do.

Dave S.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:47 PM UTC
Any commercial that depits a husband as a bumbling incompetent,incapable of performing any function,while at the same time depicting the wife as the all knowing savior of any situation.
I am all for equal rights, but not by demeaning the other person.
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just don't understand the Ford Bold Moves campaign

There are a BOAT load of people who work here that don't get it either.

Tom
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 714 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 08:10 AM UTC
For me it would have to be those "I'm a Mac, I'm a PC" commercials. I hate that smarmy Mac guy.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Any commercial that depits a husband as a bumbling incompetent,incapable of performing any function,while at the same time depicting the wife as the all knowing savior of any situation.

Can I have a big AMEN here on this one? Gad I hate those. There is one series, I think it's for either Dish Network or Direct TV satellite systems. The husband is always shown doing something really stupid, like building a movie studio, while the wife and her obnoxious friend discuss him. I know that maybe males have been downtroding women for thousands of years, but does that mean it has to be fair game on us now? Political correctness has made it a huge no no to put down women, or any conceivable minority, except of course the American male husband.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 09:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Can I have a big AMEN here on this one? Gad I hate those. There is one series, I think it's for either Dish Network or Direct TV satellite systems. The husband is always shown doing something really stupid, like building a movie studio, while the wife and her obnoxious friend discuss him. I know that maybe males have been downtroding women for thousands of years, but does that mean it has to be fair game on us now? Political correctness has made it a huge no no to put down women, or any conceivable minority, except of course the American male husband.

Aye, it's a follow-on for your typical Saturday morning cartoon. The kids are genius, the Mom is semi-cool and the Dad is an idiot. (Patterned somewhat after the Simpsons, I might add, one of my favorite cartoons -- but that Saturday morning stuff is toro-caca.)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 04:38 PM UTC
I think the Gieco "Caveman could do it" meme has about run its course.

Shaun
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 11:33 PM UTC
any mobile phone network ad, they all seem to be trying to "out-pretensious" (sp?) each other, and in doing so tell you nothing about their service- i mean, how is two drunk japanese guys with a giant floating jellyfish tied to a neon sign on top of a building going to persuade anyone to by anything?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 11:34 PM UTC

I think it's Target that's taking Beatles songs and making them annoying. I hate that. The Beatles should be respected over anything.

The Geico Caveman commercials are absolutely stupid. I think Cavemen are writing them.

And the Lexus Commercials with the two women deciding which of their elitist, corporate stooge husbands wrapped a ribbon around the car in the driveway. Is this helping snobs look LESS like snobs or more? I ask you.

Merry Christmas!

Cuhail
Tapper
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 664 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 05:50 AM UTC
"Country-Wide Home Loans" Simply because they are on EVERY channel!

I also agree with whomever made the post about commericals with the husband/father being portrayed as an idiot.
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 06:16 AM UTC
Someone should come up with a ANTI commercial TV, that switch on to your favorite music artist or whatever you prefer, whenever a blasted commercial comes on..... :-)
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 06:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think the Gieco "Caveman could do it" meme has about run its course.

Shaun

HEY! The caveman rocks. I work with him.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 07:18 AM UTC
Here is another. ( I could probably go on for quite a while thinking up these.) Not a commercial, per se, but what about the adds in the bottom of the screen. It's bad enough that every channel has there logo computer generated down there, then they have to take up 1/3 of the screen by running ads for upcoming shows, etc. This is especially bad on the history shows as they quite often block off the names of the people on the screen, or the sub titles. Ok, here is one more. The way that channels will compress the credits into a really little box, show they can take up the rest of the screen with some kind of ad. Obviously nobody who ever did anything like this ever spent years of their life on a project, only to not even be able to read their name on the screen.

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 03:41 AM UTC
I think a list may be in order. Please note these are in no particlar order, but seeing as they are all crap, does it matter?

1. Caveman commercials
2. "Stupid Husband" commercials
3. The bow around the lexus commercial
4. The screaming kid BMW commercial
5.The burger king "selling yourself for a buck" commercials
6.Head On commercials
7. Mac commercials
8.Those late night phone sex chat commercials
9.Commercials for ANYTHING on MTV
10.That "Armed & Famous" commercial
11.Ridiculous wieght loss commercials (I lost half a pound and only suffered a heart attack and two strokes in the process! YAY ME!)
12.The new Vonage commercials
13.Bobble head Jeep commercial
14.Sonic commericals
15.Cell phone network ads
16. Any adds that include covers of any classic song
17.Shave ads...

Well, come to think of it, maybe ALL ads, though in truth I did see an ad for helping the Philly Veterans assosciation that I though might generate some money for them.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I Well, come to think of it, maybe ALL ads, .

Naw, you gotta love the Capitol One barbarian ads. They have a certain Wile E. Coyote air about them.

On the other hand, I saw an ad, possibly for beer, one time, with what appeared to be Central or SOuth American Indians in a restaurant (?) shooting people down with arrows and spears. I think it got pulled right away.
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 833 Posts
KitMaker Network: 216 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 08:21 AM UTC
The one that really gets me is the commercial of the SUV that falls off the hoist and goes thru the Earth passing all kinds of stupid stuff including what seems to be the Devil watching a card game between two people.

The stupid music makes it even more idiotic.