TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Most Annoying TV Commercial
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,105 Posts
KitMaker Network: 251 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 11:09 PM UTC
I agree that the GIECO commericals are silly, even the ones with the "Real Actors" because I know of no other auto insurance company that hires Hollywood actors to advertise, so what's GIECO's point? The GIECO commericals seem to cheapen the company because the "Real Actors" are like now unemployed, and the real GIECO customers don't come off to me as rich upper-crust people who want to save money with GIECO.

Some of the DISH Network commericals are silly, like the one where the football or basketball player convinces the DISH repairman to dance in the living room because the TV can now get sports 24/7.

I also find the eHarmony commericals where they show real couples kind of corny. To me, the eHarmony commericals reminds me of the "Bachelor" on ABC, which my girlfriends watch. Yeah, the Bachelor meets his dream girl, but the next day after the Finale, they separate anyway. Just because eHarmony shows couples married on TV doesn't mean that they'll live happily ever after.

The "Meet Bob--Enzyte--Natural Male Supplement" is just annoying, made more so because they keep on playing this commerical over and over again! I guess "Bob" was a total sour-puss before he tried Enzyte. Now the jerk can't stop smiling. Boy, if I had a coworker like "Bob" who smiles like that all the time, I'm coming to work in a suit of armor and carry a longsword, LOL!

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The "Meet Bob--Enzyte--Natural Male Supplement" is just annoying, made more so because they keep on playing this commerical over and over again! I guess "Bob" was a total sour-puss before he tried Enzyte. Now the jerk can't stop smiling. Boy, if I had a coworker like "Bob" who smiles like that all the time, I'm coming to work in a suit of armor and carry a longsword, LOL!

I think he's smiling like that because what used to be a Red Rider BB gun is now a Barrett's .50 caliber!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:21 AM UTC
I find the "Meet Bob" commercials really annoying because of all the visual double entendres. His hand pointing up at a 45 degree angle mimicking the symbol for Mars, or males. The tall glass of beer is wife is bringing, etc, etc.

As far as the BMW commercial with the screaming kid, I think they must have gotten complaints because the last few times I saw it they had really toned it down. It was much shorter, the volume of the screaming was lower, and it was a lot less annoying. Still annoying, just less so.

Rockfall
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 884 Posts
KitMaker Network: 278 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 07:34 PM UTC
Alot of the commercials on the Military channel are so bad they are funny. Urine gone and doggy stairs come to mind.

On the other side I am still laughing at the Fed-Ex commercials they are playing here showing the 2 guys completely stumped as how to get a box to Germany from Canada. Its funny cause it has an element of truth to it.

Also the Bell commercials with Frank and Gordon are pretty funny. My wife loves them.

Jeff

Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree that the GIECO commericals are silly, even the ones with the "Real Actors" because I know of no other auto insurance company that hires Hollywood actors to advertise, so what's GIECO's point? The GIECO commericals seem to cheapen the company because the "Real Actors" are like now unemployed, and the real GIECO customers don't come off to me as rich upper-crust people who want to save money with GIECO.

Actually around here there are Allstate car insurance commercials using Dennis Haysbert from the TV show "The Unit" and "24" (he's also Cerrano from the Charlie Sheen "Major League" movies). http://www.brickyard400.com/news/story.php?story_id=5126

There's another car insurance commercial with a well know Nascar driver in a wreck and as the car is flipping, he is on the phone with an insurance agent and his car is being magically repaired as the car rebounds from the wreck.

The number one commercials I absolutely hate are the ones for lawyers. "Injured in an accident? We can get you up to $10,000 even if it's your fault. Call 1-800-Sue-Anybody right now."
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 10:53 PM UTC
Aaand Halifax latest is the new runner up! God I hate their commercials...
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 12:35 AM UTC
I mainly hate all comercials. The worst are those on the Bl**dy local radio station. I want to hear traffice reports, b ut you get two or three minute of comercials beforehand. Makes me mad.

Love my Sky Plus TV box - record and watch later and fast forward through the ads.

Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 12:46 AM UTC
Same as me matey, Sky+ is great! I love the Dogfights series and have recorded them all so far. When it comes to radio commercials some of them are so bad you wonder how on earth they managed to get them on the radio in the first place..... :-)
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 03:01 PM UTC
For me it would be the prescription drug ads here in the U.S.A.. -Any of them...

" I have Herpes.. but if I take this it'll help... BUT I may have projectile diarhhea, go blind, or have sexual performance issues.

So great! My Herpes is finally in check but now I'm blind, impotent and confined to a toilet for the rest of my life! I'M CUUURRREEEDDDD!!!!!!
:-)
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 07:39 PM UTC
How did I miss this one?................

Any commerical for lawyers or law offices

Those freaky Burger King commercials where the guy with the perpetually smiling 'king' mask is standing at the bedroom window, hiding behind a tree, et al
Something so nightmarish about them.

C.
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC
I truly detest those Hardees ads. You know, the ones with people eating cheese paper and smaking on a huge, sloppy burger. We don't even have a Hardees in my hometown anymore. Man I hate those ads.

Although I must admit I do like the Geico ad with Little Richard: "Mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce, wheeeeeeeew"!

Patrick
james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:58 AM UTC
The Kia C'eed advert really ticks me off

All the man says is "How, why, where, when..." over and over again. Everytime it comes on I have to change the channel because it is that annoying

Jamie
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 12:01 AM UTC
I haven't seen this commercial on US television, but on YouTube...

Yes, the infamous UNICEF commerical showing the Smurf village being bombed. It's supposed to be antiwar and fill viewers with horror, but so many people hate the Smurfs cartoon it wound up being unintentionally funny. Talk about a commercial disaster.
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 02:25 AM UTC
I think the Campbells microwave soup commercials with the office nerd noisily slurping on a cup of soup is disgusting, like soup out of a can is really something special.
airraid
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 277 Posts
KitMaker Network: 94 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 12:52 AM UTC
The Sheila`s wheels commercial(car insurance).Three women singing and being driven at high speed by a Kangaroo.talk about dangerous driving.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 01:25 AM UTC
Chalk a new one up- The new geico motorcycle inscurance commercials. MAN are they grating!
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 370 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 04:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My personal most annoying commercial is the Jeep commercial with the booble heads and the REALLY annoying music. Even if I wanted to buy a Jeep I would NEVER consider one because of that commercial.

Gotta agree with you, really and truly one of the dumbest commercials ever. Why is it, that advertisers all of a sudden think everyone needs to be part of this urban chic revolution?

I also *LOATHE* any mcDonalds commercials. My two sons went thru a very small (thank the Almighty)phase where they sang that " Bod-da-da-da-da" tune that Mcdonalds uses now. I refuse to go there based on the commercials alone.....Well, that and I saw "Supersize me".

The I-pod commercials are annoying as hell too.
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 05:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I truly detest those Hardees ads. You know, the ones with people eating cheese paper and smaking on a huge, sloppy burger. We don't even have a Hardees in my hometown anymore. Man I hate those ads.

Eeeeew!!! I forgot about those!! Yeah, thats pretty disgusting too.
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 06:42 PM UTC
The commerical I hate the most is one that has just run its course.. its that darn Presidents day car sale one that has a SUV driving by images of presidents while a funked out tune that sounds like it might have once been "Hail to the Cheif" is playing.....

NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 08:00 PM UTC
" Miiiiii - Niiiiiii .......wheats wheats wheats I wanted vanilla for so long

Mini wheats wheats wheats its high in fiber you can't go wrong "

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 08:52 PM UTC
For those of you who voted for the Geico Caveman commercials have you heard the latest? Supposedly there is talk about turning them into a sitcom?

airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 10:36 PM UTC
I have heard about that too Roger. I wonder what those geico people are smoking? (It must be potent stuff!)
novembersong
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 11:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

For those of you who voted for the Geico Caveman commercials have you heard the latest? Supposedly there is talk about turning them into a sitcom?

If it stars Paris Hilton, I'm moving to another country.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 5,422 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 06:21 AM UTC
Here's a blast from the past. Rememebr the rat thingy that Quiznos had? What the heck was that thing!?

My new favorite are the Taco Bell with the two lions.

~Kenny
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 06:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yikes, next they'll have the plastic face-scary- burger king in your bed as a guest star