TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The funniest movie ever?
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:59 AM UTC
Her's some of mine History Of The World Part1 Planes Trains and Auto mobiles Caddyshack and Porky's
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:17 AM UTC
John Candy was pretty good in "The Great Outdoors". Dan Akroyd was in that one ,too. Does anyone remember seeing "The Gods Must Be Crazy"and "Johnny Dangerously"?
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 255 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 03:00 AM UTC
"The Gods must be crazy" was a weird movie. Funny though :-)
I liked the movie with John Candy where he played Harry Crumb, can't remember the exact title.
He sadly died far too young....
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I liked the movie with John Candy where he played Harry Crumb, can't remember the exact title.

Yeah, that was a pretty funny movie. I don't remember the exact title either...
The National Lampoon's Family Vacation and Christmas Vacation, also rank prett high up on the funny list.
'Clark, is your house on fire Clark?'
'If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewed to the carpet I couldn't be any more surprised than I am now, Eddie.'

YodaMan
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 04:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"The Gods Must Be Crazy" ?

That movie slipped my mind. I loved it! Both parts, 1 and 2. Although the first one was better, as with most movies with sequals.
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2002 - 08:49 PM UTC
I'm late to the party, as usual. My nomination would be "A Fish Called Wanda". I remember falling off my sofa, I was laughing so hard. Of course, having Jamie Lee Curtis in it doesn't hurt the eyes, either.

Mike
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 01, 2002 - 09:04 PM UTC
Guess I'm getting a little old under the hat. I used to love Bill Cosby when I was young, but humour develops or evolves (or devolves?)in mysterious ways. It often seems nowadays violence and vulgarity are needed to push the extremes to the limit. I still like my own jokes best! I thought that tiger tank dressed in T-34 tracks in "Saving private Ryan" was frustratingly, and depresingly funny. Bein a hea core model nut tends to cut back on your sense of humour. However perhaps it is just that serious side in some modellers which amuses me. I must admit that I've had a supplemental chuckle or to since I enlisted in the wierd wacky and wonderful I.A.C. (International armorama corps, OOps!! I almost wrote U.S.AC!!). I guess I consider life in general pretty funny and mankind in particular.

Hey don't shoot me I only dance to the music! I'm off to write a comedy

Jack :-)
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I thought that tiger tank dressed in T-34 tracks in "Saving private Ryan" was frustratingly, and depresingly funny.

Yes, but 20+ years ago they would have borrowed a modern tank, painted it gray and slapped the German cross on it.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 01:03 AM UTC
Rob,
Excellent point. I think they should do a Patton - Special Edition which replaces all those Walker Bulldogs (or were they Pattons?) with digitally recreated Panzers. Imagine what a battle scene they could make today. Hey....that really would be cool. Maybe we should petition the studio that made Patton.

Jim
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 01:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rob,
Excellent point. I think they should do a Patton - Special Edition which replaces all those Walker Bulldogs (or were they Pattons?) with digitally recreated Panzers. Imagine what a battle scene they could make today. Hey....that really would be cool. Maybe we should petition the studio that made Patton.

Jim

That would be awesome to have a remake of "Patton". With panzers, Lee's, etc. At least the aircraft were the correct ones. But, who could do as good a job as George C. Scott???
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 01:33 AM UTC
Ben,
That's the beauty of these new "special editions" that George Lucas started. You just change out the effects, scenes you don't like or were done poorly and keep the great actors and their performances.

Jim
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 01:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ben,
That's the beauty of these new "special editions" that George Lucas started. You just change out the effects, scenes you don't like or were done poorly and keep the great actors and their performances.

Jim

True, that would be awesome. Wasn't even thinking of that.
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 - 02:51 AM UTC
Rob,

You may be correct, however with the additional technical resources available to the motion picture industry, moola aside, I think its a shame in the age of the cell phone to see such short comings in the design and research side of things. They could have easily skipped, clippped, modified or blurred the sequence of the track section coming homewards.

That's all I can say
J--------
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 195 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:14 PM UTC
I guess the T-34 tread in Private Ryan is the same for most of you guys as the scene toward the end of Top Gun when the cockpit closes on Tom Cruise and he's sitting in an A-6 Intruder. Drives me absolutely nuts. The wife refuses to watch it with me anymore.

All my favorite comedies have been mentioned before, but I'll reiterate. . .

1. Blazing Saddles
2. Holy Grail
3. Planes, Trains and Automobiles
4. Caddyshack
5. Smokey and the Bandit
6. Top Gun (what do you mean it isn't a comedy?)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2002 - 11:28 PM UTC
What? Still no other votes for UHF? Hmmmm. I thought it was the funniest movie ever.

YodaMan
My work here is done, I must retun home now; to the planet Garkon
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:08 AM UTC
SHALL I ANSWER THE QUESTION OF WHAT TYPE OF TANK IN THE MOVIE PATTON ?? Gee....That's SO HARD "Their Pattons" Uh Duh....."OOPS"
Anway my Fav's are (1) Stripes (2) Young Frankenstein (3) Blazing Saddles (4) Caddy Shack
(5) Meatballs (6) Harlem Heat. Though I'm sure their are alot of other ones that I am forgetting. But at the moment that is all that I can think of.

DAGGER: A weapon with a short pointed Blade: "THE CUTTING EDGE"
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:15 AM UTC
OH YEAH.......I ALMOST FORGOT.......1941. The LATE ....GREAT....JOHN BELUSHI

DAGGER-1
RufusLeeking
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 12:19 AM UTC
the one thing that's nice not knowing a lot about armor vehicles, the Tiger tank in Saving Private Ryan looked just fine to me. And so did the Tigers in Kelly's Heroes. Heck I didn't know they were not Tigers till I discovered Armorama.
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 12:33 PM UTC
1. Blazing Saddles- the farting scene and the fight in the studio, plus Alex Karras punching the horse.............guffaw .
Sundown
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 67 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2002 - 12:46 PM UTC
3 words.....CHEECH & CHONG

'nuff said

Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
entire network: 1,088 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 05:25 AM UTC
The best stomach achers....
Monty Python. You can´t compete with that. Life of Brian is also the best film about Jesus ever made. It strikes right to the point. Think about the situation that you are being told that you are the son of God and your destiny is to die on a cross for the sins of all people...not everybody´s cup of tea. I bet Jesus wasn´t willing to do or understand that, neither was Brian. He never realized what was going on...hilarious. Just hilarious.

And the whole set of Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker films, especially Airplane!, Top Secret and the Naked Gun series...
Leslie Nielsen is the king!
"I´m a lucky girl."
"So am I."

Toni

Sabotshooter
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 05:47 AM UTC
I have to agree with Jim for my fav.. you cant win a war without a Holy Hand Grenade. Monty Python is timeless. My close seconds though are Stripes and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Stephen
Folgore
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 1,109 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 07:24 AM UTC
The Three Amigos! Excuse me while I do the Amigo Salute.

Nic
blackwolf
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 68 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 08:55 AM UTC
Hey guys
For all you British comedy fans the t.v. series "The Young Ones" truley tasteless comedy.
What no Animal House? "Did the Germans give up when they attacked Pearl Harbor!!!!?" Then to round off my list Bueller, Bueller, Bueller Ferris Bueller's Day Off lastly Big Trouble in Little China. The pork chop express signing off. Scott #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 10:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

"Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is still by far the funniest thing I have ever seen. I'm a sucker for English humor.

Jim

Being originally British, I absolutely have to agree with Jim. I'm sorry, but my preference is for
a 'darker' kind of comedy than is available here in the States. Unfortunately most of the stuff Hollywood pumps out is either vaudevillian or sophmoric. Although there are the exceptions such as' Freebie & the Bean', 'the In-Laws', 'Meet the Parents', and aome of the ones mentioned here.