Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
So how about that Colts game(and other teams)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC
I agree Shaun. I know they are 5-0 on paper, but geez, each of these games are scaring the [self-censored] out of me. It was a HOME game for crying out loud. There is no reason why the Colts at home, with the famous Colts' fan's noise, should be behind ontil the fourth quarter. I'm sure Dungy isn't too happy either.

Jeff
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 09:55 PM UTC
My Lions are still a perfect 0-5. So far in the last 10 season they have found every way to lose a game except giving up the winning points to the opponent on a safety!!!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 10:37 PM UTC
How 'bout them Tigers though Alan. I don't watch or follow baseball but I am a fan of any team that beats the Yankees...

Sorry, off topic.
/If there such a think in the JD.
Shaun
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 11:07 PM UTC
Alan, having lived in the Detroit area for 29 years, I've discovered that it helps when you think of the Lions, to think of them as a "comedy series" rather than a professional sports team. And personally I will NOT be surprised to see them lose this week on a safety. You should suggest that one to whoever writes the script....er, draws up the game plan.

And I'll be the first to admit I'm surprised at how effectively the Tigers dispatched the Yankees. After their regular season toe stubbing "finale" they seemed to be totally out of gas. Perhaps it was the best thing that could have happened. Nobody gave them a chance, and they put on an absolute pitching clinic over the last 3 games. I don't know how they'll do against Oakland, but winning 95 games (wildcard or not) and humbling the Yankees, already makes this a great season. The rest is pure gravy.

Tom
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 11:18 PM UTC
Ha ha...somehow missed this thread. I don't pay much mind to the AFC so I can't really comment on the Colts..although beating a Titans team by one would have me worried.

On the other hand, being a Bears fan since emerging from the womb I must say I am a bit optimistic about our team this year. Not only 5-0 but doing so while scoring 156 points and allowing only 36! That's dominating.

But Philly, Carolina, Atlanta will give us some tough competition. And while I thought the Saints were running on a high earlier this year I've changed my mind. They are real contenders.
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 04:20 PM UTC
hey,
Oh!Ya!! Da-BEARS,and i can remember the '85 BEARS,i can't see to many teams being able to stop them this year,as long as they stay healthy.this will be a tuff season,i've always followed the SAINTS,and there playing very good right now.just imagine BEARS/SAINTS in the playoffs,i think i'd watch that game,with my eyes closed :-) .
Joe
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I occasionally go to games, but never on my dime.

Most recently I had two sideline passes at Arrowhead for the Chiefs and the Saints Aug. 31 in the preseason. I spoke to Reggie Bush for a few seconds while he signed autographs for kids; and also exchanged greetings with lots of other players, including Larry Johnson, Drew Brees, Duece McAllister, Tony Gonzales, Trent Green, etc.. My wife, who carried my camera bag, earning her the second pass, had a nice conversation with Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall during pregame warm-ups after Eddie caugth Dante and kept him from colliding with her.

I might also have a sideline pass at the Chiefs-Raiders game Nov. 19. Perks of being in the newspaper business.

The NFL is a little tight with their press passes, but if I was a baseball fan, I could have gone to every Royals home game for just asking. But after the last couple seasons, the Royals are having trouble even giving tickets to baseball fans. Most of the seats seem to be sold to fans of visiting teams.

Hey my new friend need another assistant?

Sorry, Bill. You are far down the line of volunteer assistants.

I can'r help put notice that all the Bears fans are coming out of the closet this year. The Bears might have the NFL by the shorthairs this year, but they were due. After 85, they have sucked so bad that even us Packer fans have felt bad for them. We actually hate the Vikings more than the Bears, though Bears fans will still vandalize our cars if we dare go to Soldier Field.
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:16 AM UTC
Hey now. We've had what I would call a few good years in the past five. We've just choked at home in the playoffs against the Eagles and then the Panthers.

Speaking of chokes. What a game the other night!!!! I feel so sorry for Cardinals fans...
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:49 AM UTC
With the Lions having beaten the Bills the day before, watching the poor Cards self destruct against the Bears, I started wondering if the Lions had actually gone to Arizona and impersonated the Cards.

I think you could get some lively discussion going on which of the two organizations (Lions or Az Cards) is the worst.

My vote is the Lions. There are teams which didn't even exist 50 years ago which have come into existence and made it to being Super Bowl Champions, while the Lions continue to be a joke. When you compare what CAN happen when the ownership knows how to gather high quality management to run a team you can see the startling contrast.

Two of the other three professional sports teams in this town have had multiple World Championships and the third appears to be poised to win another, a remarkable turn around from where they were just 3 years ago..... the worst team in baseball.

And quite frankly, I've been amazed at their post season performance. I'd written them off based on the disasterous way the stumbled into the wild card spot at the end of the regular season.

So here's hoping for a seven game classic between two great baseball teams from two great baseball towns.

Tigers over the Cards in 7.

Tom
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 01:44 AM UTC

wwwwwwhhhhhOOOOOOOOO CARES BUT THE BEARS!!!!! Not only did we string 'em (Arizona) along for 3 quarters before trouncing, but it TOTALLY hacked off the Arizona Coach! :-) :-) :-)

6-0 !!!

Cuhail
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 07:58 AM UTC
Being a Cubs fan I could only grit my teeth seeing the Cards in the WS. However, I have the feeling that the Mets and Cards are pretty much fighting for second place right now.

I don't think anyone can stop that steamroller known as the Detroit Tigers right now.

And yeah the Lions.....yikes!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 06:19 PM UTC
Colts picked (up) a 300 pound "Booger"
Boooyaaaa

Shaun

USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 07:07 PM UTC
Now lets see what he can/will do. BTW who'd they trade him for?

Jeff
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 07:47 PM UTC
They didn't trade anyone. They gave up a second round pick in net year's draft, which is a lot for a guy that has been in the league as long as he has. He played for Dungy in Tampa so he already knows the defensive scheme and ought to be able to contribute right away.

Shaun
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 12:42 AM UTC
Nice pick up. They need some help stopping the run!!