Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
So how about that Colts game(and other teams)
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 10:41 PM UTC
Geez what a game. I was on the edge of my seat laughing and crying at the same time. I think I broke my jaw from having it drop so much.

Jeff
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 11:08 PM UTC
Being a Patriots fan but living in an area where the Bengals are the nearest NFL team, I was listening to and reading all the hype about how the Bengals couldn't wait to get the Pats in their stadium. It was going to be a "changing of the guard" where the old champs were going to have to bow down to this year's Super Bowl contender Cincy Bengals.

First half was close and even though the Pats were leading, I think Cincy was playing better. Then came the fourth quarter....
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 12:00 AM UTC
For the guard to change the Bengals are going to have to grow up and act like professionals.
I thought the Seahawks would give the Bears more of a game than they did. Shaun is a great back and all but I don't think he is worth 31 points.
I can't decide if the Colts are that good or that lucky. I think they are probably just that good. They are never out of a game.

Should be an really interesting season, unless you are a Titans or a Raiders fan.

Shaun
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 1,610 Posts
KitMaker Network: 265 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 01:19 AM UTC
I live in Detroit. We don't have a professional football team here.

(And after what happened at Comerica Park on Friday - Sunday, we don't have a professional baseball team here either )

Tom
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 01:46 AM UTC
I think the Colts are good and so is Peyton, the problem there is Dungy. He gets into the playoffs and wants total control of the offense he gives Manning free reign over all season, it makes no sense. Plus, as much as I like and respect Dungy, he's not a Super Bowl coach.

On the other side of things, what did everyone think of the assault in the Cowboys game? Haynesworth might get up to a 4 game suspension, according to ESPN. If that's all he gets the NFL is showing itself to be weak up top like the NHL is. The NHL should have barred Bertuzzi for life but since he's a star, they let him slide with only 1 season suspension. Haynesworth should get a 1 season suspension and then have to reapply for inclusion into the league, the players union should shut up and stay out of it. I'm all for the game being rough but there's ZERO reason to take someone's helmet off and then stomp the guy in the head, opening him up for 30 stitches. That's BEYOND bush league IMO...
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 05:41 AM UTC
Go Jets...... as I roll on the floor...... :-) :-)
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
Suspension? Should be banned from ever playing again..Once again..great way to show all children what you can get away with in sports..try that next time someone pisses you off on the road...can you say 5 to 10 ?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 03:41 PM UTC
I think they should file assault charges. If I did that to someone at work I would be in jail. Why isn't he?

Shaun
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 05:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

(And after what happened at Comerica Park on Friday - Sunday, we don't have a professional baseball team here either

Did I miss something?
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 08:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

(And after what happened at Comerica Park on Friday - Sunday, we don't have a professional baseball team here either

Did I miss something?

A complete and total collapse by the Tigers in failing to win a SINGLE game over the Royals, at team which lost 100 games this season, despite having very big leads in two of these games, AT HOME, with the division championship on the line.

VERY disappointing.

Tom
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
Oh, OK Tom, well they play the Yankees tonight, so I guess they are still in the running. (at least think I heard the news right.... I don't pay that much attention to the Yankees or mets, or Jets or Giants..... notice how I won't even put the mets in capitalization..... :-) :-) )

Now that should get some feathers flying!!!!! :-) :-)
The Jets I watch only if I need a few good laughs.
The Giant fans are rude and obnoxious, especially after a game win or lose - 3/4 crapped faced, at any of the local restaurants. (I use to live down the road from the stadium and hated Sundays due to the traffic.
I can't stand Stienbrenner, and never did like the mets, probably never will. Oh how I miss the Dogers..... Brooklyn of course. Those were the days. (actually I think I just miss the $2.00 bleacher seats..... :-) :-)
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, OK Tom, well they play the Yankees tonight, so I guess they are still in the running.

Just because you're "at the table" doesn't mean you're not a meal.

Tom
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 05:16 AM UTC

Two scary words for ya'll...

Bears

Undefeated

Sweet!
Cuhail
thathaway3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 12:36 AM UTC
Don't see anybody who can beat them in the NFC Central Division. (And I ain't NEVER going to call the "Black and Blue Division" anything else, despite what the league has done.)

Tom
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:45 AM UTC
Everybody better watch out now the Chiefs are Finally gonna get their game Together!!!!

Hopefully
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Did I miss something?

A complete and total collapse by the Tigers in failing to win a SINGLE game over the Royals, at team which lost 100 games this season, despite having very big leads in two of these games, AT HOME, with the division championship on the line.

VERY disappointing.

Tom

It could be worse Look at what the Cardinals did before the season ended. I could'nt believe it
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 05:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Two scary words for ya'll...

Bears

Undefeated

Sweet!
Cuhail

Don’t remind me.

PS. I’m a Packer fan.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:29 PM UTC
I don't see anyone in the NFC Norse division beating the Bears (Da Bears??) either but I know a team in the AFC South that could take them...

Shaun

Does anyone actually go to games? Just curious because I am "forced" to go to about 5-6 Colts home games a season with customers for the foundry. Sometimes the job is okay...
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 08:13 AM UTC
I occasionally go to games, but never on my dime.

Most recently I had two sideline passes at Arrowhead for the Chiefs and the Saints Aug. 31 in the preseason. I spoke to Reggie Bush for a few seconds while he signed autographs for kids; and also exchanged greetings with lots of other players, including Larry Johnson, Drew Brees, Duece McAllister, Tony Gonzales, Trent Green, etc.. My wife, who carried my camera bag, earning her the second pass, had a nice conversation with Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall during pregame warm-ups after Eddie caugth Dante and kept him from colliding with her.

I might also have a sideline pass at the Chiefs-Raiders game Nov. 19. Perks of being in the newspaper business.

The NFL is a little tight with their press passes, but if I was a baseball fan, I could have gone to every Royals home game for just asking. But after the last couple seasons, the Royals are having trouble even giving tickets to baseball fans. Most of the seats seem to be sold to fans of visiting teams.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 08:27 AM UTC
When I was stationed in Massachusetts, the USO would have tickets available, normally for free but with donations accepted, to Patriots games (as well as to Celtics and Red Sox games).
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I occasionally go to games, but never on my dime.

Most recently I had two sideline passes at Arrowhead for the Chiefs and the Saints Aug. 31 in the preseason. I spoke to Reggie Bush for a few seconds while he signed autographs for kids; and also exchanged greetings with lots of other players, including Larry Johnson, Drew Brees, Duece McAllister, Tony Gonzales, Trent Green, etc.. My wife, who carried my camera bag, earning her the second pass, had a nice conversation with Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall during pregame warm-ups after Eddie caugth Dante and kept him from colliding with her.

I might also have a sideline pass at the Chiefs-Raiders game Nov. 19. Perks of being in the newspaper business.

The NFL is a little tight with their press passes, but if I was a baseball fan, I could have gone to every Royals home game for just asking. But after the last couple seasons, the Royals are having trouble even giving tickets to baseball fans. Most of the seats seem to be sold to fans of visiting teams.

Hey my new friend need another assistant?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:24 PM UTC
The Colts gave up 6.9 yards per carry yesterday verus the Titans, at home. If they don't straighten that out Clinton Portis will have 500 yards rushing by himself in two weeks when the Colts play the 'Skins...

Shaun
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:30 PM UTC
All these years listening to my co-workers yelling "GO RAIDERS" Apparently the Raiders have taken their advice and left.

Cheers,
Charles (a Buckeye fan...)
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:48 PM UTC

Jeez! How bout dem Bears!?! 5-0!

Tee hee
Cuhail
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

All these years listening to my co-workers yelling "GO RAIDERS" Apparently the Raiders have taken their advice and left.

Cheers,
Charles (a Buckeye fan...)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)