Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
introduction please!
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi CKLoo,

I've thought about a M'sian dio. Don't know if I'll get round to it. Thinking of doing a checkpoint at a rubber estate doing the Emergency. BTW if you're into local WWII history, I bought a huge info poster on the Japanese invasion of Malaya at Popular Bookstore, Ikano Power Centre under the Military section. Fair details and the now and then photos are a nice touch. Only disadvantage is its in poster form.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 04:22 PM UTC
from one CK to another, you are referring to the media master poster right? Its bloody informative on the general scenario. I've been digging more on the net on the planes alone and those involved are

Allies planes
Buffalos, Lockheed Hudson, Consolidated Catalinas, Hurricanes, Blenheim I and IV and some obscure plane which I can't remember. Totaled around 150 servicable planes at the onslaught.There were some pretty heroic stuff from the RAAF and NZ sites from the flying boys. A lot of worthy dio candidates.

Allied AFV
I believe only the Lancaster armored car was in service but I do remember distinctly reading somewhere that a few Stuarts were in service. Would have to dig more. 25pdr guns were definitely in.

I have been buying whatever Jap 1:35 scale figures available in KL but may have to resort to the net.
Still good pic references are hard to come by.

kwei
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hello everybody,
My name is Terence. I am from Penang but have been working in KL for the past 4 years. I am happy to find this community where we will be able to share ideas and also for me to be able to learn more from you guys.
I have just started modelling seriously for the past few months and my favourites are WW2 armour.
Looking forward to share with you all
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 05:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello everybody,
My name is Terence. I am from Penang but have been working in KL for the past 4 years. I am happy to find this community where we will be able to share ideas and also for me to be able to learn more from you guys.
I have just started modelling seriously for the past few months and my favourites are WW2 armour.

welcome terence.... feel free to post any pics or thoughts on modelling stuff... btw most of us here are ww2 nuts too...

anything in progress at the moment?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 06:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello everybody,

Hi Terence....

As moderator in KakiModel, i welcome you to this wonderful and the best modelling community ever!!
most of us are ww2 nuts too...but they're also one that into NAM era...
my self is ww2 german armour nuts but now change to figures...
and there is someone who is in love with Fallschimjager !!

anyway, welcome once again...enjoy your stay and if you have anything to ask, dont shy shy lorr!!

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 06:46 AM UTC
A big welcome aboard Kaki Model and Armorama. You'll find both Armorama and Kaki Model a great place to hang out although Kaki Model can be a bit quiet sometimes as everyone is busy. If you're into armor then Armorama is the place. Just check out the Armor/AFV forum.

Look forward to see some photos of your work.

BTW Boss I'll be shifting to either Gebirgsjager or British Paras in my next dio until I make it back to Cassino.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 07:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW Boss I'll be shifting to either Gebirgsjager or British Paras in my next dio until I make it back to Cassino.

CK, there you go again...hehehe
what ever it is, good luck CK
i'm maybe stuck with SS and Fallschimjager until i get bored again............

beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 07:27 AM UTC
Sorry lah Boss for going off topic but this time I cannot take the full blame though. Someone mentioned about someone doing Fallschirmjager first (hahaha). Back to the siapa makan cili siapa rasa pedas.

Sorry Terence to kacau your intro but I'll admit I'm one of the main culprits for
kwei
Visit this Community
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 10:15 AM UTC
It is great to feel welcomed to this community. Will try to upload some pics. Thanks for the warm welcome and happy chinese new year to you all.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 01:19 PM UTC
Welcome Terrence. Look forward to crossing pens and swapping photos with you.

db07mufan
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 12:14 AM UTC
Hello

I am Walter and is currently at Puchong. I'm 17 this year and a form five student. Got into aircraft modeling since i was form 1. Not a pro yet, still learning.

I do not work obviously, and glad to hear from you guys.

I'm more of an aircraft guy and i do fancy Commercial Airliners more, but it seems hard to be obtained

One Question.

Can anyone list out Hobby Shops available at KL that sells airplane kits of various manufacturers?

I only know Miniture Hobby at MId Valley top floor, got myself 3 planes from there this morning.
Bearcat
Visit this Community
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 03:11 PM UTC
Hi walter

welcome , im from sabah , i modeled plane too

I always buys at MH and HHQ. Since u know MH

u can also try HHQ in jalan ampang. They have lots of planes models there

u can call them at 0321622976(mr Low). as im not sure how to go there since i just call up them most of the time.

i think is is infront ampang park in kelena jaya terminal
rail. Go from the traffic lights to the shopping infornt. At the gr floor corner, then there is KFC
go infront of KFC and the building call
City square centre, connected with the overhead bridge. Go to T115, 3rd floor .

anyway hope this helps call them up first tq
db07mufan
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 08:55 PM UTC
thanks.. apart from this is there somewhere else?
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC
A big Welcome Aboard Walter. You'll find Armorama and Kaki Model a very friendly and informative place to hang out. I think Han (Bearcat) has covered the main places to get planes. There are 2 more smaller shops but usually they're stock is very limited.

You can also get Haunted Tank here to help you out although he brings in mainly Tamiya and DML.

BTW I'm also in Puchong, Pusat Bandar Puchong opposite TESCO to be exact. Sorry I've left my planes a long, long time ago. I do mainly dioramas now using figures and the occasional softskin. Maybe we can meet up if you are not too far away.

Nobody is around yet coz of the long holidays I guess.
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 07:29 AM UTC
Terence and Walter,

Welcome to Armorama. Hope you share your builts with us and we also hope to see you in our next Show-and-Tell session.
seelianglim
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 80 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello

I am Walter and is currently at Puchong. I'm 17 this year and a form five student. Got into aircraft modeling since i was form 1. Not a pro yet, still learning.

I'm more of an aircraft guy and i do fancy Commercial Airliners more, but it seems hard to be obtained

I also like commercial aircrafts as well. Use to build them and just have pretend flights. Then submerge them into water like 'Airport '77'( aeroplane disaster movie for u young ppl!! ) or pretend aircraft got mechanical problems..kakakakkakakak. All engines also tercabut.
Now semua onli for display. My opinion ,the best commercial aircrafts are still from Hasegawa, n you may get them from Hobby HQ at City Square. Else if you are fortunate enuff, you can go to HK. There, it is like u have died and gone to hobby Heaven instead. Rows and rows of Hasegawa 1/200 aircrafts . . Over there you can find limited edition with colourful livery, eg, Pikachu ,etc,etc.,but very much costlier.

sllim
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 12:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello

One Question.

Can anyone list out Hobby Shops available at KL that sells airplane kits of various manufacturers?

I only know Miniture Hobby at MId Valley top floor, got myself 3 planes from there this morning.

Hi there Walter...

i feel bad not to welcome you last week...as the old dude mentioned everybody is on holiday.....and i missed this thread...

Welcome to KakiModel...
we have one young guy here once which is ave but he;s no longer around..i dont know what happen to him...as far is i knew , he just finish his form 5 last year...

if are in puchong, beside TESCO and IOI Mall, u can find marvell when u pay our friend, beachbum a visit...so much wonder in his nice house...

well, most of us here build ww2 era and some with his NAM and elite forces soldiers, some with RC and some with modern stuff too...

and i know how mahal is the commercial ac kit ... i can tell they're colorfull..hehe..maybe is the color that made them mahal...nahhh....it's the license kan??

beside the two mentioned shop, they're one shop in wangsa maju. USe to be in kg baru by the name The Replica Shop..but they moved to wangsa maju and using the Phantom Shop as their new name.

so final words, enjoy your stay here...do make ur self at home..the coffee is on the table....help yourself and if you have any photos of your work, pls show it here...
if u need help to upload photos, do ask us here or simply PM me....

Simply, enjoy
raiden
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:11 AM UTC
Hi Ai Ching here, 21 College Student.
I became interested in modelling after watching a few modelling videos.
I'm into 1/35 scale military especially the figures
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi there ai ching...welcome to kaki models...
so what sort of modelling videos that u saw?? i dont any of them existed here...

most of us here doing 1/35 stuff and figures as well...

so where are you located??

there will be a figure painting class next month....i hope u can join in... watch of for the details soon.......

if you have photos of your models, pls show us!!!

FInally, enjoy your stay here...................
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

welcome ai ching! what era figs do you usually do? vietnam? ww2? modern stuff?
raiden
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:26 PM UTC
Just started I downloaded those videos from somewhere...can't remeber. I've just started building military scale models...built some but haven't painted. Most of my figures are of WW2 genre but I'm starting to build a set of US marines
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just started I downloaded those videos from somewhere...can't remeber. I've just started building military scale models...built some but haven't painted so far WW2 genre

so what other genre that u have painted??

raiden
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:31 PM UTC
heh I've only painted gundams so far Is it OK to post one here?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 - 01:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

heh I've only painted gundams so far Is it OK to post one here?

raiden

yup..it's ok to post gundam or any modelling stuff..
but you may create a new thread in kakimodels to show ur stuff..

btw, check ur PM
druid_99
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 47 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 02:35 PM UTC
Hi all, I'm Imran from Cheras. I'm 30 and just married with my lovely wife on March 2006. I'm working in one of the telecommunications service provider.

Knows about modeling when I'm in standard 5 or 6 and begin serious modeling in 1997 if I'm not mistaken.

Currently an automotive builder but trying to build other varieties of models.