Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
introduction please!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 02:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all, I'm Imran from Cheras. I'm 30 and just married with my lovely wife on March 2006. I'm working in one of the telecommunications service provider.

Knows about modeling when I'm in standard 5 or 6 and begin serious modeling in 1997 if I'm not mistaken.

Currently an automotive builder but trying to build other varieties of models.

YO Imran

welcome..welcome..help ur self with the teh tarik ....

good to see you here....
u may also post ur work in KakiModels...

ps: ehh u just married la..i thought dah lama...hehe

druid_99
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

YO Imran

welcome..welcome..help ur self with the teh tarik ....

good to see you here....
u may also post ur work in KakiModels...

ps: ehh u just married la..i thought dah lama...hehe

Thanks... teh tarik kurang manis satu. Hahaha.

Hehehe... yup, just married a few months back... so far my wife is ok with me building models, only if I give more attention to her than to my models... hahahaha...

It's good to be here too Sil... thanks for directing me to the forum.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 50 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 05:09 AM UTC
welcome to the community to Imran and Raiden. Feel free to comment and share your work .
MiG21
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:05 AM UTC
Apa Khabar? Ni How Ma? Lu Ho Bo?

My name Kim Wong from Penang. Few years ago
I have put up a few exhibitions on my 1/32 & 1/24 aircraft model collection in KL & Penang.

Some of you might have seen my collection. Since 2004, I have stopped doing that due to work commitment. Now I am back in the game.

The last few years I started a new line of 1/32 MiG 21.
I felt in love with the MiG 21 back in 1969!

Would like to know your aircraft modellers in 1/32 and maybe like the awesome MiG 21.

You have a nice day.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
entire network: 986 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2006 - 06:50 PM UTC
welcome Kim a.k.a mig21!

btw, i've been wondering for some time on this; in your opinion, between the academy or fujimi mig21 which is better?
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1,735 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 08:28 PM UTC
A Warm Welcome Aboard Kim Wong. Sorry for the late reply. Don't mind the quiet spell here, our Moderator, Silantra will be along to welcome you as well.

Penang we have at least 2 kakis here from there. Masterqq and Haunted Tank. I hope you find your stay here an informative one.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 08:57 PM UTC
Welcome, Kiim Wong. Where are your KL kits?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Apa Khabar? Ni How Ma? Lu Ho Bo?

My name Kim Wong from Penang. Few years ago
I have put up a few exhibitions on my 1/32 & 1/24 aircraft model collection in KL & Penang.

Some of you might have seen my collection. Since 2004, I have stopped doing that due to work commitment. Now I am back in the game.

The last few years I started a new line of 1/32 MiG 21.
I felt in love with the MiG 21 back in 1969!

Would like to know your aircraft modellers in 1/32 and maybe like the awesome MiG 21.

You have a nice day.

Welcome Kim Wong..from the land of Char Kueh Teow...another modeller up north...
well u started modelling before i was born....we are all glad to have another experience modeller around here....
so are u saying that u only build Mig 21??
feel free to show us your models....

as usual, enjoy your stay.....
MiG21
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 04:10 PM UTC
Hi,

It depends on the scale. Both are good kits.
For 1:48 yours choice is Academy.
For 1:72 you go for Fujimi.
I have collected a few Fujimi kits for the box art works and decals marking.
For 1/32, the best is Trimpeterlah.
Between me and you, you name any MiG decals, I
sudah collected them for my awesome MiG 21 collection. I love to take my collection to KL 1 day.
MiG21
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 04:13 PM UTC
Hi, I shifted all my kits to Penanglah. The last exhibition was in Aug 2004.

I am planning to do 1 in KL if I get a sponsor to shift my either MiG 21 or MiG 29 collection to KL.

I also collect 1:32 MiG 29 but at the moment my love is on MiG 21.
MiG21
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 04:18 PM UTC
Hi,
Back in Dec 2003, I've displayed 2 of my 1:32 MiG 21 at Pusat Sains Negara.
My collection on the MiG 21 has seen expanded. Love to you them to the public 1 day.
Op...my collection has also include a 1:18 scale specially built by world top modeller from UK.
This is the only 1 of it kind in the world.
A few guys in KL has seen it.

Too trouble to take my model to KL lah from Penang.

You have a nice day.
CKLOO
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, June 05, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Mind sharing some shots of the kits?
jurassichma
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 1 Posts
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2006 - 01:31 PM UTC
Hello every body

My name is Azmi, i worked in Kelana Jaya, and im an avid model making fan.

I was introdused to armorama by a friend and im so glad that model making is alive and triving here.

I started making model with my friends just couple of years ago in johor, we mainly scracth built ship models,

although my interest are sci fi model, i do like to exchange idea on any kind of model making stuff.

right now im scracth building darth vader and scracth building uss enterprise bridge with my own twist.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello every body

My name is Azmi, i worked in Kelana Jaya, and im an avid model making fan.

I was introdused to armorama by a friend and im so glad that model making is alive and triving here.

I started making model with my friends just couple of years ago in johor, we mainly scracth built ship models,

although my interest are sci fi model, i do like to exchange idea on any kind of model making stuff.

right now im scracth building darth vader and scracth building uss enterprise bridge with my own twist.

Welcome to KakiModel Azmi...another sc-fi modeller...we have quite a few of them here.... i'm sure they will welcome you later as many of them were busy preparing themselves for the incoming Tamiya Com...check the thread on tamiya com below..
i'm also encouraging you to join our own modelling club which has just officially registered called Selangor and Federal Teritory Plastic Modelling Society (SFTPMS) ... and there is another forum for own local guys to share stuff . There are here

Once again, welcome...make yourself at home and pls share photos of your work....i'm interested to see the ship that you have build.....

enjoy your stay here....pls, dont malu2...throw us some question if you have any or you can borak2 also..........

cheers from your Mod
wuichong
Visit this Community
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
entire network: 1 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 05:15 AM UTC
Hi I am Lee From Sandakan, Sabah. Doing Computer Hardware+Accesories Retails and Repair Printers+Laptop+PC.

(Don't Knoiw why the Registration Form does not come with Sandakan District..so terpaksa select KK...)

Recently buying and buying...buying more than building. Just to say Hi to all members here.
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:34 AM UTC
welcome wuichong! pls share any model pics if u have them...
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 08:29 AM UTC
A warm welcome to the Big A and our small home in Armorama, Kaki Model to Azmi and Lee. Lots of info here at Armorama so do enjoy your tour.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi I am Lee From Sandakan, Sabah. Doing Computer Hardware+Accesories Retails and Repair Printers+Laptop+PC.

(Don't Knoiw why the Registration Form does not come with Sandakan District..so terpaksa select KK...)

Recently buying and buying...buying more than building. Just to say Hi to all members here.

finally...sorry i missed this thread

welcome wuichong...

feel free to ask anything...

the reason why there's no sandakan in the form is because we dont have any sandakans ppl here before this...but way before this, we have only the states not the town..so i called the webmaster and add major cities in malaysia...sorry no sandakan at that time...i only put the state capital, but for Klang Valley, i add extra....
nowdays the webmaster doesnt do this stuff anymore and any addition to the city/state will not be entertain anymore...sorry Lee...

livealive
Visit this Community
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
entire network: 4 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC
Assalamualaikum & Selamat Sejahtera!!

My name is Eamran Tahir, 33, living in JB with my wife & 3 kids. Been modelling on & off since 1990. My first kit was 1/35 Tamiya Ford Mutt (Who can ever forget their 1st love!! :-) ).

Started with 1/35 armor (can't paint the camouflage properly - no airbrush system, lost interest), then aircraft (couldn't afford an airbrush system, lost interest) and right now, i'm drifting with 1/24 cars. (Still no airbrush system but cheap rattle cans works).

I'm rambling too much but i need to get me an airbrush sytem. Any recommendations?
moJimbo
Visit this Community
Shah Alam, Malaysia
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 01:19 PM UTC
welcome Eamran!

...if you're looking for an airbrush handpiece and a compressor, perhaps you can find them at Hobby HQ KL...

... i have to warn you that once you used an airbrush, you can't stop building and painting kits which will put a strain on your wallet later on, but it'll be worth it!

so.. do you build only cars now?
livealive
Visit this Community
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2006 - 05:13 PM UTC
Sorry for the late reply because of raya & stuff. LOL.

Right now I just build cars. There are about 4-5 unbuilt & a couple of half built still on my kit rack. I just need to get some fresh air and doing something different once in a while. :-) .

About the airbrush, it seems that i might naik KL to get those thing. Hey, if you love it, you have to do some sacrifices.
:-)
beachbum
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:00 AM UTC
A warm welcome to Armorama and to our Kaki Model Malaysia Eamran.

I guess everyone is away for the long Raya holidays. Our towkay, Silantra should be along to welcome you shortly.

If its any consolation I only got my airbrush thanks to my Home Ministry who took pity on me for hand painting. But then again since I mainly do dios and figures it wasn't too bad. You may want to check out the prices in Singapore first as I'm not sure if a/b are cheaper there.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry for the late reply because of raya & stuff. LOL.

Right now I just build cars. There are about 4-5 unbuilt & a couple of half built still on my kit rack. I just need to get some fresh air and doing something different once in a while. :-) .

About the airbrush, it seems that i might naik KL to get those thing. Hey, if you love it, you have to do some sacrifices.
:-)

welcome Eamran..and not too late to wish u selamat hari raya...
i just started to work today!!
grad to find another southern member
pls show us ur work...

enjoy your stay here...u may find another member druid_99 which is into cars as well...

livealive
Visit this Community
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 09:10 AM UTC
I'll be posting my work (100% 1/24 cars - that's why i need a change in direction to keep the hobby alive) but not until i get myself a decent digital camera. The closest I have right now is my V3x (which is crap!). We'll see.
josephn
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 3 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 01:43 PM UTC
Hello, everybody. I'm Joe and I'm a newcomer to this community. I reside in KL but originated from Kuching. My interest in scale modelling began in the mid70s in my hometown (yes, I'm past 40). I pick up the hobby due to my keen interest in all things military (no thanks to the Vietnam War that ignited this interest). However, it's an on-off affair until I came down to KL. My interest is in 1/35 figures, 1/48 aircraft (heli) & 1/35 modern armour. I have yet to finish any modelling project in a significant way but I do hope to learn a thing or two about the hobby from you all.

It's good to know that there are actually a lot of us here who share the same passion for the hobby. Cheers!