TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Is There anything REALLY worth watching?
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 02:11 AM UTC
My absolute, hands down, show I can't miss is ALIAS! I also like NYPD Blue and I enjoy watching most of the home improvement / building and cooking shows on PBS.
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 04:41 AM UTC
Foyle's War & Foyle's War 2. Part of BBC/ PBS' Mystery!
series. (FW2 is currently showing on PBS Sunday nights @ 9 EST) The illimitable Michael Kitchen plays a Detective Inspector in Britain during WWII. He's also got a little cutie as a sidekick :-)8 .
And anything by Joss Whedon (all unfortunately cancelled...). Although dismissed as fluff by many, his shows were timely, intelligent, well scripted, cohesive, and exceptionally well cast. Firefly was a rare gem in the "reality" mire- I am very much hoping the rumors of a Feature movie are true. At least I have my full 1st season DVD collection...
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 188 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2004 - 11:10 AM UTC
The guy who whined that there is nothing on TV is back. My last good times with TV were reruns of Hillstreet Blues in the late 80's, and I jumped on board with the first NYPD Blue shows. Hillstreet Blues sort of isn't on anymore, and I burnt out of NYPD Blue. Maybe The Shield will be my first new target show...mmmm...now to find out when that one comes on. Looks like there might be another cop show in my future.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:27 AM UTC
Another one to add to the list is Rescue Me on FX, I watched it last week and was very surprised by the show. I was hoping it would do good as I like Dennis Leary but I didn't expect it to be as good as it was. Definitely check it out, it has some great humor, a lot of drama and emotion and does a good job portraying the NYFD. Definitely reminds me of some of the guys I knew when I lived back in Jersey who were NY firemen.
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hi Maurice, I'm adding "Rescue Me" to "The Shield" as the first shows I'm checking out in my quest for decent TV. I served at the Twin Towers disaster during the recovery. I'm sure this FX program will be good for me.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 05:59 AM UTC
You'll appreciate a lot of the show then Tom, it does deal with 9/11 as a theme. It's a great addition to The Shield for FX.
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 359 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 14, 2004 - 11:26 AM UTC
The only show i like on tv is trailer park boys, other than that i'm usually playing ps2, on the computer, or building models.
earwig61
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:40 PM UTC
I thought I would check in with the community on this one since I'm the one who whined that there isn't anything worth while to watch onTV. Well, I saw an episode of THE SHIELD. Now here is a gritty, cool show, very thought provoking. Let's clone Vic and and get them on the streets! RESCUE ME seems to focus too much on the seedier parts of life; I can't get with this one, despite the 911 backdrop. So far THE SHIELD may be the show I go out of my way to watch, but midnights on Sunday, could be tough.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 11:12 AM UTC
Man, i could'nt wait for Rescue Me to start. All about the Firemen and the events in NYC. Dam a great show. Then it happened, just when they have you hooked the show is ruiened. SEX SEX SEX Fire chiefs stealing,Firemen setting warehouse fires. what happened? Are these the brave men and woman we salute. So every time a pass a Fire house i'm suppose to think what? I just wish the show would get back as it had started off.