_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
current project
cdave
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 545 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 11:57 AM UTC
For me, I have a couple of projects on the table:

SU-85
Shirma Jeep
Scimitar
T-34/85 (Korea)

Also, due to the Mastercon XII subject theme, I will be begining on some T-34/76's for Kursk.

Dave
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 778 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 11:08 PM UTC
Armor (in order of most to least completed):
Tamiya Pzkpfw IVD in Afrika motif OOB; Tamiya Sdkfz 223 Afrika OOB; Tamiya T34/76 Mod 43 with pe and friul tracks; Tamiya Pzkpfw IIF with pe and friul, Afrika motif; Tamiya Centurion with AEF 105 mm cannon in Six-Day War setup.

FIgures:
Verlinden Fallschirmjaeger bust (local club project); Ft. Duquense American Line Infantryman 1780 (60mm?), Shenandoah Union Infantry Officer 54mm; Historex French 23rd Dragoon Trooper, mounted, 58mm?; Friulmodel Knight Hospitaller 54mm; Wolf British 95th Rifleman, 1811, 54mm; 2 DML Union Infantry (1 with Wolf head w/ slouch hat); Shenandoah Confederate Infantryman (1st Tennessee)

Aircraft;
Academy 72nd F4U-1D Corsair Royal Navy (clipped wings); Hasegawa 72nd A6M2 Zero-sen Type 22 (Tainan); Airfix 72nd TBM-3 Avenger (U.S.S. Intrepid)

Goal; to finish One of each category by end of 2002! LOL! #:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 11:52 PM UTC
Starting Work on a Tamiya Hummer with M242 Bushmaster, And waiting for replacement treads for my Tiger-1 Tank. Thier is the Italeri M-60 waitng to be done next. Hopefully sometime within the next week or so.

DAGGER-1
Josenhans
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 46 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 08:05 AM UTC
I just started up again after many years. I have decided to do a dio of a nebelwerfer crew in transit near the frontline in fall of 43 in the east. They will be getting directions from an infantry squad on a break from the fighting. I got the Demag kit from Italeria and various figure kits to mix with. I have statred some figures until I get all my tools caught up on.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 02:30 PM UTC
- Academy 1/35 M998 Humvee built OOB. This will be a practice build for the more detailed (I hope) M998 I might be submitting to the IPMS-Philippines contest next year. Paint is still tacky on the vinyl wheels after a week. Painted OD overall. Might try replicating Philippine Humvee camo.

- Shanghai-Dragon 1/144 F117 also built 99% OOB. Had to scratchbuild the pilot's helmet though. I couldn't live with a headless pilot riding the Wobbly Goblin (modern version of Ichabod Crane perhaps?). This particular kit has an American flag decal covering most of the plane's belly. I don't know if this is accurate but it should look impressive.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 02:32 PM UTC
- Academy 1/35 M998 Humvee built OOB. This will be a practice build for the more detailed (I hope) M998 I might be submitting to the IPMS-Philippines contest next year. Paint is still tacky on the vinyl wheels after a week. Painted OD overall. Might try replicating Philippine Humvee camo.

- Shanghai-Dragon 1/144 F117 also built 99% OOB. Had to scratchbuild the pilot's helmet though. I couldn't live with a headless pilot riding the Wobbly Goblin (modern version of Ichabod Crane perhaps?). This particular kit has an American flag decal covering most of the plane's belly. I don't know if this is accurate but it should look impressive.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 09:37 PM UTC
Tamiya Tiger I Early with a bunch of AM stuff,
Tri-Star Panzer I Ausf A. (Hey, I think I am the first one in this forum whom is building this, right?)
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 09:56 PM UTC
Dragon StuG lllG late with Gunze Sangyo interior and Modelkasten tracks

Verlinden late war SS Tank Hunter

Tamiya King Tiger with Aber PE

Chris Pig no.1
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 10:03 PM UTC
AMT/Ertl Israeli M60 Blazer - waiting to do the tracks. (I got the AFV Club, but will use those on the Army version I want to do)
RPM/Mirage PzKfw730(f) - German use of French FT31 - geez what a kit. You guys have to try any RPM/Mirage
CMK Pzkfw35(t)- not to bad, unfortunately I buggered the tracks (link and length). That's OK, it's a learning curve.
DML Achilles Vc-just started will use Jordio barrel. Those indylinks should be fun....LOL
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2002 - 11:25 PM UTC
I started and completed a model since my last post on this thread - Fine Molds TIE/Ln Fighter. Took a bunch of photos along the way and composed an article - sent it to Jim last week. Now I'm painting and weathering my Fine Molds X-Wing Fighter. Article is almost complete to submit to Jim as well. Just brushing up for my Jedi Starfighter when it comes...

Gunnie gone Sci-Fi for awhile...
lambertjr
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 131 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 08:45 AM UTC
AH-6, A-6 and jeep are done.
Present Projects:
1/72 Italeri F4S in USMC markings
1/72 Italeri T45 in "what if.." Blue Angel markings
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 1,561 Posts
KitMaker Network: 485 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I started and completed a model since my last post on this thread - Fine Molds TIE/Ln Fighter. Took a bunch of photos along the way and composed an article - sent it to Jim last week. Now I'm painting and weathering my Fine Molds X-Wing Fighter. Article is almost complete to submit to Jim as well. Just brushing up for my Jedi Starfighter when it comes...

Gunnie gone Sci-Fi for awhile...

Oohhhh. Star Wars ships built by the Gunster... ::::droolllll:::: Can't wait to see 'em, Gunnie! :-) Let me know what you think of the kits!

Lets see. I'm currently working on my 1/48th Tamiya Corsair for the A/C group build. Along with that is.....
....whoa.... I don't believe it!.... I'm only working one, count 'em, one kit!!! Now that's wierd!
What to start next?
a)Hasegawa 1/48th Bf 109-G6
b)Tamiya M8 howitzer motor carriage
c)Ertl's Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder
Let me know, send me a PM on what you think I should build next! (PMs help to avoid cluttering up the thread! )

YodaMan
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 455 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:28 AM UTC
Coming to this a little late...
Working on an M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo. Tamiya lower hull, Tank Workshopo resin upper hull and turret, Jordi Rubio 76mm barrel, Accurate Armour T48 track w/duckbills. Base coat of paint on it now, soon to gloss it for decals and start weathering. Three DML figurs primes and painting barely begun.

Also coming along is my Sherman Firefly Vc. DML kit with Accurate Armour update, corrected hull length, CMD resin turret and metal barrel, Accurate Armour tracks, Eduard details, Academy suspension, and figures by Ultracast. Vehicle nearly done with final assembly and soon to move to the paint booth for a primer coat.

Sherman Firefly Ic is a Tamiya M4 Early hull with Tank Wrokshop turret. Need to find a correct suspension for that one.

Haven't decided which Sherman to build after these.

Greg :-)
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 04:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Lucky...working on the Tamiya Luftwaffe pilot,every time i get a good feeling about how it is going i open a bottle of wine......progress is slow.
Arthur
Am Alba Mannich

Hi I'm working on a bottle of wine, everytime I get a good feeling about it I open a Verlinden figure...Progress is slow.

Seriously (as Jimmy Durante would say, or would have said) I am currently finishing two side by side, or S/S in komputorsproch, builds of LAV 25's Italeri vs. Revell in the first round, followed up with anotheer battling duo of M51 Shermans in batch 2 & 3 configuration, Dragon and Academy in each corner........Ding

Jackolot
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 05:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oohhhh. Star Wars ships built by the Gunster... ::::droolllll:::: Can't wait to see 'em, Gunnie! :-) Let me know what you think of the kits!

I hope Jim isn't too backed up with Article Submissions and it'll be up soon. I loved both the TIE and X-Wing Fighters - I check the mail everyday to see if the Jedi Starfighter has arrived yet. I have reviews with the buildup photos on my site too in case you can't wait .

Now, I'm wrestling with the old, nasty, Airfix Orion III Spacecraft from 2001 while I wait for the Fine Molds Jedi Starfighter. I've been wanting one of those in my collection for a long time. It's gonna take considerable effort to get that model kit to look like the Orion III spaceplane, but it'll be loads of fun...

Gunnie

m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 08:53 AM UTC
That's a real good looking Tie Gunnie!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That's a real good looking Tie Gunnie!

Thanks M1 - I got that done in three days. Haven't had that much fun and got a model finished that fast in 10 years easy!

Gunnie
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:40 AM UTC
Mighty slick there Gunnie! I love the background. It's green...my favorite, even if it's not OD green! :-)
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:43 AM UTC
Gee Gunnie, the X-wing and TIE look great! The finished models look awesome, but from looking at the detail photos of the kits themselves it seems it'd be easy to make a good looking model from those kits.
As for your statement about the entry point of the TIE, I'll have to look it up. I am the king of Star Wars references. I'll do a little research and start a post entitled, 'All you wanted to know about a TIE fighter".
...they say to write what you know... You know modelbuilding and Star Wars, I know primarily Star Wars, with some modelbuilding...

To get back on topic, I'm going to start work on Luke's Snowspeeder tomorrow. Thus makes it 'a current project'. :-)

YodaMan
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 - 09:51 AM UTC
The models are wonderful - but I've seen a lot of wonderful models get putzed up in the end! Tamiya gives modelers some great stuff - how come they don't always come out looking great?

Start with the Star Wars Sketchbook and work forwards on the getting together information on the TIE series of fighters - principally to distinguish Ln from In - I know my Star Wars too...

Have fun with the Snowspeeder, that's my favorite of the old SW kits. All except for the crunched pilots. If Fine Molds ever did it in 72nd scale - that would be one tiny model. Probably would come out as a companion to say - an 72nd scale AT-AT in the same box. I have one of Roy Sutherland's Assault Walkers (AT-AT) and it looks good enough to fit in scale with the Fine Molds model kits.

Gunnie
YodaMan
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know my Star Wars too...

Sorry if it seems like I said that I knew more than you about SW. Re-reading my post, I notice that my comment seemed to convey a 'holier than thou' attitude.... Sorry about that. What I meant to say was; I always thought that the entry point of a TIE was the top hatch, and I'll check my references to see what I can find out.
Anyway, that was in the back of my mind for most of the day so I had to clear it up...

As for the Snowspeeder model, you're right... the pilots look like chimpanzees in flight suits!

YodaMan
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2002 - 06:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I know my Star Wars too...

Sorry if it seems like I said that I knew more than you about SW. Re-reading my post, I notice that my comment seemed to convey a 'holier than thou' attitude.... Sorry about that. What I meant to say was; I always thought that the entry point of a TIE was the top hatch, and I'll check my references to see what I can find out.
Anyway, that was in the back of my mind for most of the day so I had to clear it up...

As for the Snowspeeder model, you're right... the pilots look like chimpanzees in flight suits!

YodaMan

Aw - no offense taken YodaBuddy! :-)

Chimpanzees - YEAH - that's what they remind me of! When you gonna crack down and finish that Snowspeeder? I'm feelin' kinda alone here building Star Wars models all by myself

If I had a Snowspeeder model kit, I'd crack it open. Dang it if Sabot didn't take the keys to his model stash when he went TDY...

Gunnie
 _GOTOTOP