Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
current project
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2002 - 08:55 PM UTC
I have 2 Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. Fs and a Tamiya Tiger that are built, but need painted (I'm waiting for the heat to die down a bit. I also have an AER T-38, Tom Modelbau TK-3, and Tamiya StuG IV on the workbench. Once, I finish those I have about 100 things I could do, but I am going back and forth between an Italeri/Zvezda BT-5, Alan BA-20, DML Jagdtiger, and Tamiya Merkava 1.
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,667 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 03:23 AM UTC
I've got an Academy warrior mcv ready for painting,a Scania 142h semi tractor and a Mono B25J (glassnose)nearly finished.Plus assorted other kits that just need a bit of finishing.
All the best
Peter
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 03:57 PM UTC
Update: Doing Academy's 1/72 F-14 Tomcat for the group build. It has horrible pin marks on the detail side of the front wheel well, seatbelts are molded into the seats, and the instruments are decals. Got it for $7.00 so I'm not complaining .
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 04:07 PM UTC
Doing the Tamiya Tiger I early with Aber upgrade set, and Partial tank workshop interior, Friul tracks. Also on the side, practicing my figure painting on DML German MP with dog and Tri-Star Normandy Panzer Crew set.
clovis899
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 774 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 04:32 PM UTC
I have just finished a NK T-34/85. I tried something a little different for me, I cut the locater tabs off and sprung the suspension. I have carved the foam to fit for the dio base and will be working on the groundwork itself when I return from vacation. After that I think I will tackle the AFV Club M-10 if I can find some ammo for the ready racks.

Rick Cooper
PfcGreen
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 103 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 - 11:38 PM UTC
Well I have been working on Tamiyas 1/16th Tiger I model, took a break mid way through it, and buit Tamiyas 1/16th Kubelwagon, know I gotta get back on the Tiger.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 12:58 AM UTC
I have a feeling that I have a bad case of "can't-finish-anything-itis"

I'm working on: Tamiyas Schwimmvagen + Tamiyas front observation unit
2 Tamiya Willys jeep, one to be converted to a british airborne jeep.
1 Airfix Spitfire Vb.
1 Revell Leopard A4
1 Tamiya Leopard A5
1 Tamiya Panther G
1 Tamiya Universal Carrier
1 Tamiya Cromwell
2 different Tamiya Shermans.

I as I had have gotten a tendency now a days to stock up kits. I buy them, start up and then they end up on the shelf, I buy a new model and so on... Wish I was back at the old days when I bought a kit, finished it and put it on the shelf, and then bought a new one... But then again, boxes are easier to store then kits...
Greg
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 455 Posts
KitMaker Network: 149 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 02:58 AM UTC
Actively working on a Tank Workshop M4A3E2 Jumbo conversion on a Tamiya #35250 M4A3 donor hull. Also getting attention are a DML Sherman Vc Firefly and a Tamiya M4 Early being convertedto a Firefly Ic. Both of those are slow movers; I need to get more Academy suspension parts to do them right. Yes, I scavenged the correct DML suspension from this 6121 kit to correct my recently finished 6035 M4A4 75mm version. I am also puttering along a little on an Academy Achilles, and trying to screw up the courage to start cutting and glueing on my Tamiya M26 Dragon Wagon....

Greg
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 03:20 AM UTC
Nearly done my Italeri Panzer IV and Tamiya Panzer III!
Then i'm onto another one of eachfor the next dio
Abrams101
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 146 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 01, 2002 - 03:47 AM UTC
I'm the same way thomas is. right now im just finishing the assembly of my Pzkw IV H and I'm actualy woking a real lot on figures. I have a bunch going on right now
*(Verl.) Russian tank commander (Primed and applying fleshtones.)
*(Verl.) German casualties(Just assembled last night.)
*(Tam.)Germans at rest.(Fineshed 2 of them.)
*(D.M.L.) Totenkopf (budapest) set of course., (and that ones going pretty slow But im done with the one on the far left.)
mihaip
Visit this Community
Romania
entire network: 45 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 02:01 AM UTC
I currently work on
-Italeri Tiger I 1/35
-Revell Me210 1/72
-Italeri Bf109
-Revell P1099
-Academy US 107mm mortar
-Hasegawa Mosquito MK IV

Unfortunately in my area (Bucharest) only Revell and Italery are available at local shops. Occasionally some Zvezda and MPMs. I get the Academy, Hasegawa and Tamya's either from Budapest or from online shops.
otto
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
entire network: 72 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 02:07 AM UTC
Currently I am working on an Italeri SD.Kfz. 234/3 armored car. I think I may post progress pics like I did with the Tiger I that I just finished. Otto
Trackjam
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 831 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 05, 2002 - 04:34 AM UTC
Still working on my Canadian M113A2 Tow Under Armour. Academy M113. HKCW Diehl track. The rest is scratchbuilt. the interior is now complete and i am detailing the exterior.
modelguy2
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 818 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 11:10 PM UTC
Took a Tamiya 1/16 Tiger 1 out of the closet today.Taking today off but the fun begins tomorrow. I still have a few other projects going but I'll keep you all posted...Mike T
M4Nut
Visit this Community
entire network: 148 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 01:29 AM UTC
Let's see......
KMC M-3 75mm GMC conversion
Tamiya Jeep
Andrea's Spiderman figure
Monogram F-89 (should get back to that one some day)
1/43 IMSA Nissan GTP
That about does it I think
Eric
BlueBear
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 06:47 AM UTC
I've got a Fujimi 1/76 JagdTiger and KingTiger on my bench alongside a 1/72 Hasegawa Stuart, a 1/72 Revell Germany M4A1Sherman and Cromwell Mk. 4.
I just got a new Testors Aztec AC300 compressor to go with my A4308 airbrush set, so I'll be digging out something big from my vault in the near future :-)
lambertjr
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 131 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 08:47 AM UTC
1)I am in the final finishing stages of a 1/35 DML AH-6 Little Bird w/ 4 Delta Operators.
2)I only need to finish the crew of my 1/48 Monogram A-6 Intruder.
3)I am preparing to start a 1/35 Tamiya Willys Jeep.

So Far.................................. #:-)
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 09:27 AM UTC
Hi!
I´m working on a Panzer IV ausf G from Italeri.
I´m doing the details from scratch.
Cheers
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 07:09 PM UTC
For those who actually care, I'm about 1 or 2 evenings away from being done with my super-detailed StuG IV. I just need to paint a few details and then use pastels. I've actually pulled my AER T-38 back out while waiting for paint to dry on the StuG IV so I will probably complete that once my StuG is finished. My TK-3 is on hold indefinately until I figure out how to cast a part that is required (going to be pretty hard since I have none of the required tools). Once, the StuG IV and T-38 are finished I have an Italeri/Zvezda BT-5 with Aber PE, Jordi Rubio barrel, MA Mori resin drive sprockets, and Friulmodel tracks on deck.
PEIRECCE
Visit this Community
Prince Edward Island, Canada
entire network: 117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 02, 2002 - 07:44 PM UTC
Ahhh, my first post! Thanks to Paul Fredenburg for the heads up on this site. I am working on a Canadian M113A1 Academy kit with to many extras, and a Bren gun carrier. Hope to have the M113 done soon as It has taken 3 Mo's on the interior. If you are looking the MLM m113 interior update is pretty good. :-)
Claymore
Visit this Community
South Africa
entire network: 22 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 04:09 PM UTC
Well, I'm pretty new here too...

My current project is an AMT YB-35.
Coming up soon: Revell 1/72 B-52D, 1/72 Smer Me-262B (I'mm base it on the 262B night fighter in the local military museum), and a 1/72 Revell (I think) Me-262A.

My wife is currently busy with the famous pink-and-purple Sopwith Camel flown by the Red Baron's gay rival, the Pink Count. After that, she has a 1/32 Camel, a 1/48 Mk8 Spitfire which she'll do in the bare metal finish of the one in our local military museum, and a Yoda/Luke Skywalker kit, which she plans to build with Artoo peering sadly in through the windows at Yoda and Luke getting it off together.
Johndoe
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 16 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 06:37 PM UTC
My current project is the room for my expected newborn. And the time which is left (very little I must say) I'm working on a diorama featuring a Sherman m4 (Tamiya) and some U.S. infantery (Tamiya) at rest nearby a shot-up church (Italiery). This is my first project since I started moddeling again.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 11:11 PM UTC
I just finished my M4 Sherman, and now am working on painting an Italeri M47 Patton II and putting together my M45 105mm Medium Howitzer Tank out of parts from MB Models, Tamiya's M26 Pershing, and DML's M26A1 Pershing model kits. This one should come out pretty nice. I didn't want to do a plain old Pershing like everyone else...

Gunnie
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 06:29 AM UTC
I have current projects:
-AFV Club Sdkfz 11 pulling a tamiya german flak 37 (waiting on individual track)
-Tamiya M26 Pershing
-Tamiya Challenger 2 MBT
-Tamiya M8 Greyhound
-Tamiya M2A2

All of the kits are in various stages of completion. I guess I suffer from ADD.
VoodooChild
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 06, 2002 - 10:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'mm base it on the 262B night fighter in the local military museum

Hi Claymore
Glad to see I'm not the only South African here (Joburger too by the looks of it).

I'm currently working on a 1/35 HEMTT with MLRS pods and HEMAT trailer. The HEMTT is pretty much finished and painted and I've rebuilt the frames on the four RPs. I now just need to finish the plans for the HEMAT (I'm about 3/4 done) and start scratchbuilding.
The only problem is that between my studies and sport, I've been working on this thing for over a year. Hopefully I'll get to finish it in my December vacation .

Cheers
Ed