TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Friends is over...
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 - 03:28 PM UTC
And who cares!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. Never have seen an episode in the 10 years it was on. Don't think I missed too much though!

Steve
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 07, 2004 - 09:39 AM UTC
Heh heh - my wife would be soooo MAD if I utter those words!!!

Naturally, being experienced in socio-political maneuvers at work and in expert requirements to maintain Domestic Bliss - I watched both the Final Episode and the Retrospective last night! Well, er, I was there at least...

I have already purchased her all CD compilations as they come out - I made it a special point to take her with me to NYC when I delivered the "Bloommobile" - just so she could run amok in the NBC Store to buy Friends memorabilia.

I also, deftly I might add, managed to drink a couple of glasses of wine last evening as the 'festivities' began - mercifully relaxing my nerves and allowing me to drift soundly asleep in front of the fireplace. I missed the whole shebang...

Gunnie
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 07:46 PM UTC
Well me being over 50, you would think that I too would take the snooty I don't watch TV approach. I adored Friends and Frazier. Both shows made me laugh. They were witty and charming unlike the real world. Escapist you bet, but with everything else so bleak and miserable and the world getting more and more evil , for a half hour on Tuesday and a half hour on Thursday I could enjoy . So here's to Chandler and Monica and Joey and Phoebe and especailly Ross and Rachel. And when the gang on Frazier disappears this Thursday, well I will be one to feel a bit of a void.
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:27 AM UTC
So, Friends is over - and the problem would be...?

Cody
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 01:13 AM UTC
Great,
hated the bloody thing anyway! :-) :-) :-)
tazz
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,462 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 08:43 AM UTC
this is the best news ever lool.
iam so happy that this show is done with.
it was pretty dumb show.
it was a womens show.
and all the acters on the show had no talent.
and yet people loved it,
it goes to show u how messed up amcerica si geting lol
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 07:15 PM UTC
I never really got into it, and I deteste the fact that some people (not naming names) call it a women's show. I, being a woman; resent that coment. Now you wanna know what a "woman's show" is try that series from a few years back, " Sisters " Or pretty much anything on TLC or Lifetime. I really hate anything on Lifetime but Trading spaces, and While you were out, are fun to watch on TLC. I guess it's just the decorator in me.lol But I do agree that I am relieved to see Friends go. Frasier ,on the other hand ; I will miss.
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 2,312 Posts
KitMaker Network: 871 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 11:55 PM UTC
I only watched a few episodes but the ones I saw I enjoyed. I thought this show had its cute moments. Now that the show is over, I hope something better replaces it.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:09 AM UTC
Like Steve said, good riddance. One less show of tripe only to be replaced with more... tripe.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:14 AM UTC
Nauseating, insufferable pap....Another person who sighed with relief when it finally staggered to an end, HOWEVER, I still have the final episode to go..... Domestic Harmony? the end of this series will certainly help.... Jim

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 05:21 AM UTC
I really wanted to watch Friends, just to look at the female leads. But I couldn't get more than 90 seconds into it the one or two times I tried, the laugh track used instead of punctuation marks was just too annoying.
Frasier became repetitive over the last few years. Every episode was the same: Frasier meets pretty woman, Frasier screws up with pretty woman; Niles and Frasier do some cultural thing that annoys dad; everyone shows up for coffee at the same time. Hilarity ensues.
I was hoping that for the end, Frasier would fly back to Boston, hook up with Alistair Burke (the gay Patrick Stewart character) who was after all the best match up he ever had on the show, they'd get married and live happily ever after upstairs from Cheers on Beacon Street.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 06:54 AM UTC
Al, I think you may have missed your calling. One of the big complaints I have heard is that both the Friends and Frasier final episodes weren't shocking enough. They didn't have a killer twist like the final episode of The Newhart Show when Bob woke up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette and said "Man, I just had the strangest dream." Your Frasier ending certainly would have been talked about for years.

Shaun
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 677 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 05:28 AM UTC
I quite liked Friends. Probably one of the consistantly better US comedy programmes since MASH. I do like Third Rock...completely barmy...love it.
But I must agree about canned laughter...YEUK.
MASH was so much better when they canned the canned laughter.

Cheers
Peter
:-) :-) :-)