Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
What's in your Stash
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 03:06 AM UTC
Well, I guess I should post a photo or two of my present stash, since I'm retiring in April, and plan of relocating to "God's waiting room" Florida. I started packing the stash.

I have to move these out to a storage bin, in order to finish packing the reast of the stash. Did I ever mention I have more kits then I'll be able to build in two life times? I should have cropped out the catpan in the one photo!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 04:04 AM UTC
I confess... I am a plasticaholic hoarder. In my work/computer room I am looking at an easy 100 plus kits. 90% are 1/35th armour & figures the rest are 1/48 planes and a few cars. There are probably an equal amount in the basement. About a 1/3rd are started. SOON (about when gas goes back to $2) I will go through everything and keep my favorite 20 kits. The rest I will post for sale here so stay tuned. Hmmm.... I wonder what the mailman will deliver this week????
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,981 Posts
KitMaker Network: 574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 04:29 AM UTC
You know, it's a wonder the US doesn't tip over, what with everyone crowding onto the bottom of the east coast!

(My sister's in Florida, but it's way too warm for me.)

The thing with the stash is to view it the other way round. You don't trim the stash to "what you'll build in a lifetime" - instead, you just have to accept that you're not ALLOWED to die until you've built them all! It's like that sign in the chow hall - "Take all you want, but eat all you take"...

By that reasoning, I'm doomed to reach at least 300...

Tom
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 06:24 PM UTC
I have over 200 unbuilt armor, softskin and figure kits (all WWII). Tons of aftermarket zimmerit and barrels. I should also stop buying...but I can't!

Jeff
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 04:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

At my Library at home that was just finished and has over 250,000 sq. feet per level (it has 3)

Is the 250,000 sq.ft. a typo? I've worked in high rise office buildings smaller than that.
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 07:57 AM UTC
Well I such feel plastic impaired, my stach consist of a 1/35th halftrack I've had for over ten years and a 1/48 bell helicopter.
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 04:06 PM UTC
Here is my current stash...

airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 915 Posts
KitMaker Network: 48 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 06:34 PM UTC
[quote]Here is my current stash...

WOW, I have never seen so many Humvees in a personal collection Brent.

Well done.

Michael
tankfixer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 167 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 10:55 PM UTC
Wow Brent you better get busy on all those Humvee conversions! Impressive stash!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 2,023 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 03:46 AM UTC
Thanks to this thread I have finally done it. I went through everything in my stash. Instead of keeping just 20 kits (5 years worth of building) I decided to sell 100 kits and keep the rest, less painful that way and a 100 is a nice round number. Almost all are still bagged but opened for "inspection". Almost all are 1/35 armour the rest are 1/48 planes. If anybody is interested in buying PM me with your home mailing address and I will mail by post a list to you.
Thanks ! Tom
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 04:55 AM UTC
Brent has a Million Humvee's in the stash, but ask him how many he has built? 1 LOL. I didnt realize you had that many Bro!! I better get back into gear!!!
Nerazzurri
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 10:47 AM UTC
I've just started - a Panzerkampfwagen II Ausf.A/B/C (Sd.Kfz.121) French Campaign by Tamiya, and a S.FH 18 Howitzer w/Limber by Dragon.

I don't have much money and my stash will only have additions when I can get kits for a good auction price from eBay - that way I can get the kits I want but save against what I'd pay anyway at RRP. On those two above which I would buy sometime in the future I've saved £23. Happy days.
Removed by original poster on 05/27/12 - 07:25:16 (GMT).
smitch
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 07:28 PM UTC

Here is a part of my stash, the part that the wifey knows about anyway, the rest of it is strategically hidden in several different places!
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 1,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 76 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 09:49 PM UTC
Got a few in my stash .. always adding more ,in fact 17 more since these photo's were taken .
But here's few pics of how it looked 3 weeks ago .

the entire pile taken from a bit further away

Phill
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 686 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 03:17 AM UTC

Here's mine Gents, probably abou 85% of my stash, keep figures/weapons sets on the wall opposite the desk, and I've got 3 kits under the desk.

Jason
Nerazzurri
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 51 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 09:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here is a part of my stash, the part that the wifey knows about anyway, the rest of it is strategically hidden in several different places!

I've already selected a site for my 'what you don't know, won't hurt you' items..........
cinzano
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 419 Posts
KitMaker Network: 23 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 02:19 PM UTC
Those are indeed impressive "stashes". (I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in need of an "intervention". After taking a break from modeling in college I started back at it about 20 years ago. For about a decade I kept a modest archive of about 20 kits. In the last decade, however, it has gotten a bit out of control. I think I'm creeping up on 200 kits, a shoebox full of PE sets and another shoe box full of resin bits. Given the my current build rate, I'll be caught up by... (oh, hell. I don't even want to think about it.)

Cheers,
Fred
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 537 Posts
KitMaker Network: 74 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 - 06:14 PM UTC
I've got 7 armour kits, and maybe 3 figure kits in the stash... pretty modest, and I hope to keep it that way. In progress are about 3 dios, 6 tanks, and 25 figures.

Can you imagine what would happen if we glue sniffers didn't stash? I think that Dragon and Tamiya may just go under...
Sabretooth
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 55 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 - 01:34 PM UTC
I don't think I can even call my "stash" a stash. Three tank crew figures to go with my paritally built 38(t).

By the way Brent, are you planning to model the entire US army fleet of Humvees?
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:39 PM UTC
sir you need to get help, theres def. something wrong with you.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 749 Posts
KitMaker Network: 225 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 - 10:45 PM UTC
thank you all, i was finally able to convince my wife that i was not crazy for having so many models she agreed that you guys have way more than me so I'm only a tad bit insane .
IrishGreek
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 56 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 - 06:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

thank you all, i was finally able to convince my wife that i was not crazy for having so many models she agreed that you guys have way more than me so I'm only a tad bit insane .

I am wayyyyy too insane. I was a big modeller back till college. Had a small stash (50-85 kits) that I donated to my local club before I moved. Was out of the hobby for 15 years or so. Got back into it slowly about 7-8 years ago and went crazy. Started with planes (my old love) and bought almost everything I wanted. Then did the same with ships. Well now the tank bug hit hard the last two years. I have actually finished 3 and have 3 others in varying levels of completion. But I actually finish these tanks!

So bottom line, I probably have over 700 kits. Stored in two main areas in the house.

The good news, my wife is as bad as me with her painting and scrap-booking stuff!!

John
zeus60
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 11:58 AM UTC
Coincidentally, there was a recent thread on ARC where people posted their stashes. Here is mine. I took everything out of my closets to tally it.

I counted 611, but there are a few bagged kits I missed. Mostly WWII aircraft.

Stacey
Spud55
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 09:41 PM UTC
I will have to show these photos to my partner as she thinks I am mad having (wait for it) 4 yes 4 in my stash.