Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Computer games
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 478 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2003 - 07:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

BTW, Alam nyo ba yung PANZER COMMANDER? Parang gusto kong i-try e...Mukhang maganda....I've seen a strategy guide (sa Data Blitz = Php 100.00) at may thorugh explaination sa tactics in using armor para sa giyera....wala lng..^_______^

Panzer Commander IIRC is one hardcore WWII-Turnbased-Strategy Game. No frills 2D game, I doubt it if this even has any graphics, at all. Only sounds IIRC, and moving chess-like pieces. Hehe! But nonetheless, I've tried this, and hardcore WWII fanatics will probably dig this game.

I was able to get a hold of a full-version of the Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord game, after experiencing that demo-action, I just had to try this full-blown version. Too bad you can't update it with patches -- much as every "warez-ed" game or software. I'm going to look for a legit copy of this game.

Alabrador, I can see why this game does consume so much time! Hehehe! But it's not a boring game at that. Any tactics you'd like to share with me? I'm digging that mortar guy. Lots'a fire-power, but takes too long to fire. Hehe! Plus the line-of-site feature, beautiful feature for gameplay.

I'm wishing some mainstream company provides further development for smoother gameplay (console controls are a bit limited, plus the stats for every unit is still limited to the lower-screen display). But then again, too much "smoothness" tends to give the game too much "/features" that it looses that nitty-gritty feel of war, which IMO is one thing that this game has so much of.

lonewolf,

There's this toy-shop of sorts in Festival that caters to class-A toy-figures, collectible ones at that. IIRC they had some MGS 2 figures on display there. Plus you can try out some shops in Virra Mall, one on the third floor, and the other on the ground floor near collezione. Avoid the ones in the Greenhills Theatre Mall, as they tend to overprice their toys. I remember inquiring about a Darth Vader light-saber, they were selling it for oh, just around 20k ! hehe! It goes for a lot cheaper I'm sure.

Yes, meron dun sa Festival, sa 4th floor...It's "RAM'S HOBBY" yata yung pangalan nung store..Beside Hobby Cafe and my home, COMIC QUEST...(makikita nyo ako dun paminsan...)

Hmm...Virra Mall? I'll try to check on that...Thanks..^_^

Yung sa Festival kse, sina Vulcan Raven at Meryll lang meron....May Snake din....Pero I want a Cyborg Ninja action figure..^_____^

Yes, I'll try to compare prices....Sadya tlga meron mapagsamantala sa prices...Thanks!

jomz
Visit this Community
entire network: 543 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, meron dun sa Festival, sa 4th floor...It's "RAM'S HOBBY" yata yung pangalan nung store..Beside Hobby Cafe and my home, COMIC QUEST...(makikita nyo ako dun paminsan...)

Hmm...Virra Mall? I'll try to check on that...Thanks..^_^

Yung sa Festival kse, sina Vulcan Raven at Meryll lang meron....May Snake din....Pero I want a Cyborg Ninja action figure..^_____^

Yes, I'll try to compare prices....Sadya tlga meron mapagsamantala sa prices...Thanks!

Dude, pareho kayo ni SR nang problema, "clean the quote" please. Thanks.

You collect comics ba?
blitz
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 502 Posts
KitMaker Network: 432 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:59 AM UTC
Jomz to answer your question MGS 2(Sons of Liberty) figures it also includes the METAL GEAR RAY pag nabuo mo yung 6 figures ... but it's not mine sa 2 boys ko yun(but they're not planning to open the box )....buti nga sila...
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jomz to answer your question MGS 2(Sons of Liberty) figures it also includes the METAL GEAR RAY pag nabuo mo yung 6 figures ... but it's not mine sa 2 boys ko yun(but they're not planning to open the box )....buti nga sila...

haha whatta dad. IIRC, the shop in Virra Mall (the one on the ground floor) sells Figure-Sets. Last time I checked, I was drolling for the Complete Reservoir Dogs set, Php 5,500 lang nga eh. For oh, 6 of them.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 05:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

About Battlefront,

You can pick it up in Virra Mall ( shhhh). I was lucky. Battlefront had a contest for modellers to provide tanks for the 3D modelling skins and held a contest on the missing lynx site. I won 2nd place and so got CMBB for free! I'm on the credits! I think CMBO the earlier western front version is available in greenhills. Don't know about the second game.

Albert

Oh my. Albert, could you point me to a comprehensive site for most tactics for the game. I bet you're pretty good at it huh? Oh and I like the e-mail-play feature, parang chess tuloy.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 04:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dude, pareho kayo ni SR nang problema, "clean the quote" please. Thanks.

You collect comics ba?

Paumanhin...Basta-basta lng kseng "qoute" lang ang kini-click ko e....>_< Sorry!

Comics...Kinda..^___^ Tapos nagba-browse ng artbooks at kung ano anong articles.

Gusto ko nga mag summer job dun e...Sana "hiring" cla.... Klala na nmn din ako dun e...(ewan ko, si Arlene lng yata may kilala sakin..?)
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 06:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Paumanhin...Basta-basta lng kseng "qoute" lang ang kini-click ko e....>_< Sorry!

Comics...Kinda..^___^ Tapos nagba-browse ng artbooks at kung ano anong articles.

Gusto ko nga mag summer job dun e...Sana "hiring" cla.... Klala na nmn din ako dun e...(ewan ko, si Arlene lng yata may kilala sakin..?)

well that said, pareho nga kayo ni SR hehe.

if you want to get into Comic Quest, I would advise you to get close with the staff in MegaMall, besides It's known the owner (well the relatives, since IIRC the owner was shot, and alas passed away already) usually hang out, or pass by there. IF you're that close.

just curious, why a job there? I don't see any benefits, even the experience doesn't justify working there, for me at least.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2003 - 10:12 PM UTC
jomz, ikaw rin, you quote the quote BTW, try nyo Battlefield 1942! Astigin to the max! Naadik ako once inistal ko yung MOD na Desert Combat. This time, sa laro na to is the Operation Desert Storm. Featuring the Abrams and my favorite units the SCUD, Harrier and MLRS!
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 04:48 AM UTC
SR and I have been laying friendly fire at each other thru Medal of Honor's direct-connect-play. Pretty fun game. Saya siguro kung sabay sabay tayo maglaro, hehe! Anyone else here on broad-band 24/7, aside from me and SR? (:-)

Oh yeah, for those who DO have broadband, why not indulge yourself to the demo of Battlefield 1942: Secrets Weapons of WWII
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 02:47 PM UTC
try blitzkrieg, sudden strike 1&2
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 05:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh yeah, for those who DO have broadband, why not indulge yourself to the demo of Battlefield 1942: Secrets Weapons of WWII

IMO, don't try the demo. The official release (orig) on Datablitz will be this September and I'm saving for it.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 05:12 PM UTC
Ano blitzkreig mo? Orig? I have a copy pero yung peke lang. Balak kong bumili ng orig pero di na ako gaanong interesado sa kanya eh. Battlefield is occupying me a lot
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ano blitzkreig mo? Orig? I have a copy pero yung peke lang. Balak kong bumili ng orig pero di na ako gaanong interesado sa kanya eh. Battlefield is occupying me a lot

i have the original copy also, i love the game but it has too many bugs. sayang talaga, pero im still playing it.

i like the MOH better than the Battlefield

for simulation, ok ang mag rainbow 6 games and of course not to mention ghost recon
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

IMO, don't try the demo. The official release (orig) on Datablitz will be this September and I'm saving for it.

There's nothing wrong with trying the demo, actually the DEMO is so worth the download it's VERY playable, and it features some nifty weapons and vehicles supposed to be included in the Full Version. Besides, unless you're really rich, and wouldn't bother trying the game at least (one reason for buying "warez": "if you like it -- buy it"), then you won't try the demo at least. Tsk tsk tsk.

vss

The Rainbow Six line of games are so far the best tactical-shooters I've played so far (these are not FPS's). The Eagle-watch has yet to be one of the most instinct-driven games, no biases with hardware specs and whatnot, PURE instinct and talent. So with Rogue-Spear. Ghost Recon was a refreshing release, oh with all the eye-candy and ear candy at that. CS is for kids (bato-bato sa message board, tamaan ay wag magalit), R6 is for the weekend-warriors. Hehe! Weekdays, too.

MOH: Crossfire is out, and my oh my, is it a tempting buy, 3 games for the nifty price of oh barely 1,600? IIRC. Sulit yan.

The Girlfriend got me the Battlefield 1942 set. What an angel. Got two posters free, too. Natuwa sakin yung sales-lady eh.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:48 AM UTC
2 posters? Man! Akin Road to Rome lang! BTW, yung MOH Crossfire is the the compilation of the first 2 MOH games and the third one is the bonus soundtrack and sneak preview/demo of their upcomming release.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 01:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

2 posters? Man! Akin Road to Rome lang! BTW, yung MOH Crossfire is the the compilation of the first 2 MOH games and the third one is the bonus soundtrack and sneak preview/demo of their upcomming release.

Haha! Yeah, CnC Generals yung isang poster. Natuwa samen yung tindera eh. Even offered to reserve some games for me. The girlfriend is asking for the Complete Sims collection. Oh my. Hehe!
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:08 PM UTC
Oh, and for those who do buy legit-games, if you do back-up your original game-cds (for thos games which need a CD to run) then good for you. For those who don't, I suggest you make a back-up CD. This is very different from burning a CD for profit or whatnot, since what you're essentially making is a backup to protect your original installation and game discs. The game-companies, don't have any problem with this.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:30 PM UTC
Thanks dude! Lagi ko pa naman nilalaro Battlefield 1942.
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 05:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks dude! Lagi ko pa naman nilalaro Battlefield 1942.

Hehe! Remember, doing a CD-copy is a different process from "cloning" the CD.
lonewolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

if you want to get into Comic Quest, I would advise you to get close with the staff in MegaMall, besides It's known the owner (well the relatives, since IIRC the owner was shot, and alas passed away already) usually hang out, or pass by there. IF you're that close.

just curious, why a job there? I don't see any benefits, even the experience doesn't justify working there, for me at least.

Hmm...Megamall? Layo kse e....

Wala lng, gusto ko lang magka-experience dun...^__^ I'd like to try working for the store na dina-dalasan ko...And to know how it's like to serve customers just like me...(well, cguro hnde ako qualified para magbantay sa hobby shop...bka magkaroon ng mysterious cases of missing models!) Just kidding! ^_^ /
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 04:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hehe! Remember, doing a CD-copy is a different process from "cloning" the CD.

Pero pwede ko bang gawin sa two systems ko yon? I mean 1 cd, burn then becomes 2 of them. One for the each. Pero I'll play in LAN only. Pwede ba yon? Pwede rin ba net game with that kind of work?
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 29, 2003 - 09:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pero pwede ko bang gawin sa two systems ko yon? I mean 1 cd, burn then becomes 2 of them. One for the each. Pero I'll play in LAN only. Pwede ba yon? Pwede rin ba net game with that kind of work?

With regards to playing thru a network, I'm not sure about this since essentially the game will try to do some verification with regards to a cd-key perhaps? I'm speaking with my experience in trying to set-up Half Life thru a network, we ran into this trouble a few times or more. Sa net game naman, it could possibly be the same thing, since more often than not, the cd-key will still be used in determining if there are dual copies running on their servers, siguro different servers pwede somewhat like the Warcraft III-way of playing with one single disc.

Clone ha! Hindi burn. Nero can't do cloning.
:-)
jomz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 11:46 PM UTC
To the Battlefield 1942 players, something which might interest you. Hehe! Pretty cool, EA is going to have a Philippine Map released, plus there's an upcoming Battlefield 1942 Vietnam, oh my! 'Nam Baby!

More here .
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

To the Battlefield 1942 players, something which might interest you. Hehe! Pretty cool, EA is going to have a Philippine Map released, plus there's an upcoming Battlefield 1942 Vietnam, oh my! 'Nam Baby!

More here .

Hehehehe. You make me wanna love this game more and more! According to intelligence, meron ngang Pinoy maps but these maps wasn't really true! In other words, yung mga maps doon ay created differently. Well, intel lang naman yan. Will wait for the release.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 11:59 PM UTC
Oh yes, Medal of Honor is proud to launch their latest installment, Medal of Honor: Breakthrough. It focuses on the European theater of operations. They will also have their Pacific campaign which includes the Phil again called Medal of Honor: Rising Sun Oh boy! I need to keep some ca$h!