_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hi dudes.
Siggi
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 90 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:04 AM UTC
I've just set up my account on this rather unique and cool site. Once I've got the hang of things I'll post some model pics by way of an intro.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC
Siggi

Don`t worry about getting the hang out of it... That will happen in no time. and after that there is the sweet addiction that feeds a lot of people here :-) :-)
Welcome on board dude and I hope you will find a nice place between all the plastic lovin` Gluenatics. Everything you ever want to know or share you found the right place for that. Every question you have will be answered by a couple of the finest modelers on earth who make this site what it is today. Just ask... We life by the rule: "there is no stupid question and if there is such a thing then it`s the one that is never asked" This is the most friendly army in the world lead by the best general an modeling army can wish.
We love to see pics (part of the addiction) so everything you want to show.. do so

Hope you`ll have just a good time as I have here.

HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:36 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Siggi

Post those pics. Like Faust said , don't wait to get th e hang of it. Glad your here, look around and enjoy!

Hastyp
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hello and welcome! Much like model building, posting stuff on the site is an ongoing learning process. Don't get frustrated and don't hesitate to ask for assistance or ideas about anything around here. Everyone is more than willing to do anything they can to help.
steve203
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 579 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:43 AM UTC
Welcome to the site Siggi. I know you will enjoy being a member.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Siggi! Glad to have another scaler with us! Lets see some of those pics!

"Respect my authoriti!" ...it sounds better spoken through Cartman.
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC
Welcome to the site!!! Have fun and never ever ever be afraid to ask.......basicly......what they said....... (++)
Siggi
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:48 AM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

My modelling is ok, but my camera work sucks. I've been out in the garden trying to get some decent pics of my Tiger, so here they are. It looks better in the flesh (of course ).

I'm more of an a/c modeller after I did the tanks to death some years ago. I've done very little recently though I've just started on the new Tamiya 1/32nd Zero (motor completed). The whole thing'll probably be finished by xmas 2010.

animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 02:56 AM UTC
Welcome Siggi to the site. I can see that you are already addicted(you just don't realize it yet). The tank looks great. Can't wait to see some more.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4,268 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,174 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:31 AM UTC
Your tank looks great! Nice job there. Got more?
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
entire network: 2,606 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 05:39 AM UTC
Siggi welcome aboard the best site around!!! Good to see another AFVs fan and the European population growing up too...
Ciao
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 07:06 AM UTC
Hi Siggi, welcome Nice to have another A/C modeller and another Brit :-) Whereabouts in the UK are you?
Your Tiger looks great :-) Can't wait to see the Zero, can you post in progress pics? The Rivet Review Board would be the place, we need more aircraft on there :-)
Mal
shermanfreak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 380 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 07:48 AM UTC
Welcome to Armorama Siggi

Great intro pictures too
Siggi
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 08:31 AM UTC
Yes, I have a couple more tanks. Most of the other good ones got air-gunned some years back. I know, a bout of insanity. Me and my brother were bored.

I'm from Eastbourne (south coast of the UK). Very poor modelling shops here in terms of equipment, paints and accessories, though one has a decent range of kits of all types. Anything of much worth has to be ordered online, though I'm lucky to have relatives in Japan who send me the latest goodies on occasion (my wife's Japanese).

I guess I could post progress pics of the Zero...I have a digi camera and card-reader. Trouble is I tend to forget stuff like that once I'm engrossed. I'll give it a go. Cheers.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 10:06 AM UTC
welcome to ARMORAMA Siggi and nice tank model
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 10:45 AM UTC
Nice tiger Siggi. the tracks look amazing. I especially like the colour you have used for the shovel....... is this Humbrols metalisers or something similar? Looks great! Pity you have fallen to the dark side (aircraft)! There´s a bad dose of it going around here at the moment!! #:-) . Hope to see more stuff..good luck!
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hi Siggi

Nice Tiger. Bet you feel at home already. This site has a great bunch of people.
Siggi
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 - 11:36 AM UTC
The shovel was done with Humbrol's 'Polished Steel' paint and touched-up with a 'B' grade pencil, as was the rest of the tank's exposed metal parts. Ditto the tracks. You can't really see the effect in the photographs but the pencil trick is incredibly effective in the flesh...the tank actually looks like it's made from painted steel.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 - 04:59 AM UTC
WELCOME ABOARD SIGGI. YOUR TIGER IS TRUELY EXQUISITE. LOOKS LIKE ITS SEEN A BIT OF ACTION. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOUR WORK
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:36 AM UTC
That is my kinda Tiger looks like its been on the prowl for a while.welcome Siggi I come from a little place just north of you called London,think you have problems getting stuff,Ive been after polished steel and oily steel for ages now just cant get it. never mind have fun here.
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 06:22 PM UTC
Welcome to the community Siggi! Hey, main goal of joining: have fun! Your already one of the family, so kick off your shoes, sit back and relax and have a laugh or two with us.

Siggi
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2003 - 09:32 PM UTC
Cheers guys (and gal ). Yeah, this is a cool place. It's almost like years back when me and my brother used to sit together doing models, bouncing ideas and comments off each other as we progressed. Very cosy, and keeps the enthusiasm and inspiration up.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 17,582 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,250 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 01:43 AM UTC
Hi Siggi!

Welcome aboard! :-)

You found my '109 before I managed to say hello... thankyou for the kind words and confirmation of the camo!

You've jfound a great bunch of guys here... everyone really takes the time to be helpful... I love it! Great to have another Brit around. Check out the MSN UK site - we've got to let the "powers that be" know it was worth their trouble setting it up for us.

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
Hi Siggi!

You found my '109 before I managed to say hello... thankyou for the kind words and confirmation of the camo!

You've found a great bunch of guys here... everyone really takes the time to be helpful... I love it! Great to have another Brit around. Check out the MSN UK site - we've got to let the "powers that be" know it was worth their trouble setting it up for us.

All the best

Rowan
Merlin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
Hi Siggi!

You've found a great bunch of guys here... everyone really takes the time to be helpful... I love it! Great to have another Brit around. Check out the MSN UK site - we've got to let the "powers that be" know it was worth their trouble setting it up for us.

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP