Community Forum: Filipino Modelers Phorum
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Stores in Manila
CSMeekai
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 160 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 23, 2004 - 03:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

John,

Have you tried looking for Airbrushes and their parts in Jollie's along Espana (Especially Badger)? It's on the side of UST beside the BPI Expressteller. You may also try Deovir (I think) near the corner of Recto and Quiapo Blvd. It's the one below Access Computer School (malapit doon sa binibilhan ng day-old na chicks and isaw). I saw some units also at Han's Infinite Tools at the 6th level of Shangrila in Crossing, Mandaluyong.

Jun

hi there, sir jun!

nice of you to drop by armorama....

cheers!

emjaetee
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,460 Posts
KitMaker Network: 366 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 24, 2004 - 09:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

guys,
try hannants if you are in UK or you can try their web site www.hannants.co.uk
and you wont regret it

riversphynxz,

Why only now....hu hu hu...I was in UK last December, sana sumali ka sa forum noon pa...hanap pa naman ako ng hanap ng model store duon...hu hu hu

riversphynxz
Visit this Community
entire network: 262 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:29 AM UTC
warthog,
which part of england you've been? that explained the gothic church behind you on the picture.
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:35 AM UTC
when i arrived here, those thing are the first in my agenda. i search and search and found gold. here in harrow in the hill (northwest part of london), harrow model shop, good selection of models but mostly trains. train modelling are big here in uk. in central london, hamleys is another one. it is situated in oxford street.its a building with loads of toys in it. 5th and last floor is for models and r/c. lods of hobbyshops here but need to be search first.
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 12:39 AM UTC
warthog,
so when you will be back? i can give you a tour to all of the hobbyshop that i know. i found hannans accidentally, it is situated beside the tube station where you will get off to get in the RAF museum. so you can buy your model after being inspired by the real A/Cs!!!
shonen_red
Visit this Community
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 02:42 AM UTC
Klinger, pag nagvisit ako dyan, daan mo naman ako Hannants
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 08:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Klinger, pag nagvisit ako dyan, daan mo naman ako Hannants

sure! dadaan lang pala e. next time pasok naman tayo. :-) :-) :-)
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 01:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

warthog,
which part of england you've been? that explained the gothic church behind you on the picture.

I stayed at Docklands near the Telecom House for about 10 days (work related), but most of the time I was in the Telecom House or roaming Picadilly and some areas of central London. That was my second time to go there. The building behind me is the Tower of London.
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 - 06:31 PM UTC
warthog,
when you will be back? i'll give you a hobbyshop tour next time.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 03:59 PM UTC
riversphynxz: Don't know yet...thanks for the offer...I'll PM you if ever I will go there....sayang
riversphynxz
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 06:35 PM UTC
no problemo, warthog.
sigman
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 02:08 AM UTC
Does anybody knew who sells Iwata Airbrush and parts?
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 07:00 PM UTC
In Cebu, there is only one hobby store and that is Tamiya Ultimate Hobbies. It's on the second floor at Ayala Center Cebu, near the Rotunda.

You can also buy kits and some glue in White Gold and some Gaisano branches. But that's just it. They don't sell paints brushes or other modeling accessory.

There was one in SM Cebu called E&I Hobby Shop but they closed down.

Angela :-)8
vss
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 63 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2004 - 03:49 AM UTC
Just a suggestion, can we please have an updated hobby/model store list on the very first post of this thread? This way, posters, viewers can easily browse to the updated directory of this stores. And better if we indicate if its in the Visayas, Luzon and Mindanao.

Thanks
TheLosers
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2005 - 09:11 PM UTC
....pare.....ive been modelling for four months now.....since im from cebu....is there any way na pwde tayong mag order through padala???...like sa mga diorama accessories.....ma-iba rin ako.....saan ba usually tayo makabili ng static grass???....ewan kung meron dito sa cebu....or meron dyan sa maynila.....

head_scratch
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:29 PM UTC
guys i am new to this hobby, as in sanggol pa lang...at any rate, i just want to know kung necessary ba talaga ang airbrush sa pagawa ng mga tanks to make it more realistic? if so, magkano kaya yun cheapest model na maganda naman ang output...thanks for the info and saan kaya mabibili to dito sa manila. tnx again.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 05:37 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama pikoy and Ariel!!!

pikoy: Kung armor/vehicles ang hilig mo di naman required ang airbrush. Madumi kasi armor and di naman smooth ang finish nito. Pero I don't suggest Tamiya acrylics for brushpainting. Malaki ang mga pigments nito at mahirap gamitin. Ok daw ang Tamiya enamels pero di ko pa nasubukan.

Suggest ko rin na bili ka ng kahit anong brand na spray can na itim ang kulay. Ito yung magandang pang-primer para didikit ang pintura to the plastic. May brands naman na nabibili for around 100 per big can. Mabaho nga lang hehe.

Ariel: Pwede naman magpadala from the stores dito. May seller din from Iloilo na nagpapadala via Aboitiz or LBC. Wala nga lang online site and most of the time via bank deposit ang payment.

Have fun!
head_scratch
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to Armorama pikoy and Ariel!!!

pikoy: Kung armor/vehicles ang hilig mo di naman required ang airbrush. Madumi kasi armor and di naman smooth ang finish nito. Pero I don't suggest Tamiya acrylics for brushpainting. Malaki ang mga pigments nito at mahirap gamitin. Ok daw ang Tamiya enamels pero di ko pa nasubukan.

Suggest ko rin na bili ka ng kahit anong brand na spray can na itim ang kulay. Ito yung magandang pang-primer para didikit ang pintura to the plastic. May brands naman na nabibili for around 100 per big can. Mabaho nga lang hehe.

Ariel: Pwede naman magpadala from the stores dito. May seller din from Iloilo na nagpapadala via Aboitiz or LBC. Wala nga lang online site and most of the time via bank deposit ang payment.

Have fun!

thanks a lot sir, what can you recommend na paints na pwde gamitin? dapat ba sir flat lang yun paint na gagamitin? another question, sensya na po at marami ako tanong, pano po ba mag-weather kapag napinturahan na? ano po materials na ginagamit?salamat po.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 03:21 PM UTC
Mas maganda flat paint kung military vehicles. Kotse lang naman ang glossy. Gamit ko chalk pastel (hinde oil pastel) para sa dust at oil paint para sa wash. Nabibili yan sa National.
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 04:14 PM UTC
Pikoy, Ariel: Welcome to Da Phorum.

Pikoy, the best paint you can use for hand brushing are enamel paints. Here, you're most likely to see Tamiya enamels, though some shops have a very limited selection of Revell, Humbrol, and even Testors and Model Master enamels.

Enamels are the old modeller's best friend because before acrylic and lacquer became widely available, it was enamel that was the main type of paint (AFAIK).

Enamel's strength over acylic and lacquer is that it is very forgiving for hand brushing. Unlike acrylic and lacquer, enamel's consistency is just right - so much so that if you brush it, the brush marks "disappear" eventually. Enamel also adheres well to the surface (if cleaned - later on that), and often a single brush stroke or two is enough to paint a surface. Contrast that with acrylic or lacquer, where often several strokes are needed, making the paint build up and become thicker, which isn't desired.

Another advantage of enamel is that if you want a glossy surface, just use a gloss enamel paint, and when it is dry, you can buff it, instead of adding a clear coat of gloss.

Enamel's main drawback is that the surface has to be clean. The surface must be free of oil in order for the paint to adhere well, so the model must be cleaned with soap first. With acrylics and lacquer (especially the latter), you don't really need to clean the model - although it helps.

I use acrylics and lacquers though when painting. It's because, compared to Tamiya's enamels, the amount of paint available in acrylic and lacquer is more than that found in the small enamel bottles. Plus, I don't clean my models prior to painting - call it laziness.

However, I still do use enamel for detailed painting, in which case I use a paint brush instead of an airbrush. Enamel is best for metallic paints such as chrome silver (the best chrome silver is by Testors), gold, and other metallic paints. I also use enamels for the clear colours.

If you want an airbrush, albeit quite basic, go for Gunze's Pro Spray series, which are "cheap", basic, single-action airbrushes perfect for single colour subjects or even modest 2-tone camo schemes (see pic below)

I used a friend's airbrush (Gunze's Pro-Spray Mk I) to make the above paint scheme for One-One-Bravo.

The Pro-Spray series comes with several bottles, an airline, the airbrush, paint bottle hoses, and an aircan. The Mk 1 was purchased some three years ago at P1,250 IIRC at STC Filinvest.

For serious airbrushing, though, you'd need an aircompressor. I use a Kawasaki aircompressor delivering around 35psi. It's small, not too noisy, cute, and works well enough. Found at Ace Hardware (and other hardware stores) at P3999.

If you want an all-in-one package, consider Tamiya's Sprayworks which is a single action airbrush with aircompressor, retails around P4,500 or P5000 at Lils and JMN.

As for weathering, tons of advice, but read first the article on this website (Weathering Heresies is the title if I'm not mistaken, found at the features page I think).

As for gloss and flat, basically military vehicles are flat, civilian vehicles are gloss, but it all depends on the subject you're building.

HTH.
newsavedone
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 35 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 01:54 PM UTC
Cebu has a hobby shop.
Second level Ayala mall.
Ultimate Hobby & Speedway.
They will order for you if they have catalog.
I wish they would get Model Masters In Cebu area.
TheLosers
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:10 PM UTC
tnx.....john....pero anong ibig mong sabihin.....pwdeng magpadala from the stores dito....or may seller sa iloilo??......like how is it done....should I contact JMN or the seller through phone?? or email them if ever they have an address....like ask them their available products.....pls. explain to me the mechanics....I would appreciate it.....

Happy modelling!!!
psycnarf
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
entire network: 12 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 07:50 AM UTC
Request ko lang na kung pwede i update un 1st post regarding the current hobby shops around the PH TY
arkuo14
Visit this Community
entire network: 215 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 07:07 PM UTC
ask ko lang kung buhay pa ba yung hobby shop sa shangrila.. nakalimutan ko na yung name niya eh.. its been mga 3 years since last akong pumunta doon.. thanks in advance!
4-Eyes71
Visit this Community
entire network: 424 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ask ko lang kung buhay pa ba yung hobby shop sa shangrila.. nakalimutan ko na yung name niya eh.. its been mga 3 years since last akong pumunta doon.. thanks in advance!

AFAIK, Urban sells guns and related items only. They no longer sell model kits there.