Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Have you any pets???
Aleksey_Gilevskiy
Visit this Community
Belgorod, Russia
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 25 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 06:29 AM UTC
Last year my loved bullterrier Max dead , in the end of 2007 I started keeping a spider - Tarantula, Brachipelma albopilosum.

On the photo below it`s only 6 months and has a size of 4.3 cm
Spider`s lunch in on the right

janwillem
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
entire network: 1,236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 153 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 06:33 AM UTC
I,ve got two cats, well I have one and the wife has one.
I have a black cat called Shlomo and the wife's cat is called Snoer, as in cable (don't ask, long story)
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 07:57 AM UTC
hello Aleksey,
i have 3 dogs, john-luc who is 15 years old, wolf who is 13 years old and my youngest who is 1 year .the 1 year old called Tigger The Wonder Dog,loves to eat models.so far he has gotten 6 models either done or in the middle of the build.he loves to eat tank models,but last week he has eaten 2 spuces or a $100 ship model. and when i tell him i am un happy with him,he always looks so sad and sorry for what he did.then the next week he does it again.got to love him.i have photo's in my gallery of my dogs if you care to look.
i am sorry that you lost your Bullterrier Max,if is hard losing 1 of your pets.i had to put down my lab mixed last year.i had him for 20 years.i find comfort in knowing that he along with my other pets i have lost over the years,are waiting at the rainbow bridge for me,when i die.
cheers,
Bruce
Aleksey_Gilevskiy
Visit this Community
Belgorod, Russia
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 09:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Aleksey,
i have 3 dogs, john-luc who is 15 years old, wolf who is 13 years old and my youngest who is 1 year .the 1 year old called Tigger The Wonder Dog,loves to eat models.so far he has gotten 6 models either done or in the middle of the build.he loves to eat tank models,but last week he has eaten 2 spuces or a $100 ship model. and when i tell him i am un happy with him,he always looks so sad and sorry for what he did.then the next week he does it again.got to love him.i have photo's in my gallery of my dogs if you care to look.
i am sorry that you lost your Bullterrier Max,if is hard losing 1 of your pets.i had to put down my lab mixed last year.i had him for 20 years.i find comfort in knowing that he along with my other pets i have lost over the years,are waiting at the rainbow bridge for me,when i die.
cheers,
Bruce

Hi there! You`ve got gorgeous animals, especially that one which prefers to eat plastic rather than meat, heh? Well, I wonder, how they`re doing together wolf and dogs? I`ve read a lot about wild nature, and I know wolves are usually dominate dogs, aren`t they?
grayghost666
entire network: 2,458 Posts
KitMaker Network: 163 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 12:28 PM UTC
hello Aleksey,
Wolf is a giant husky and weights 130 lbs.a normal husky runs about 40-50 pounds,and he is very laid back,just wanting to lie in the sun.Tigger the Wonder Dog is a lab mix weights about 85 lbs,normal labs weight about 50 lbs.i am trying to train him into leaving my work bench alone.for every day he does,he gets 1 lg of meat.
the dog that runs the house is John-Luc a Pomeranian mix that weights 15 lbs.nobody messes with him.
all the dogs get along,they are all male,which makes it easier.
cheers,
Bruce
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 01:28 PM UTC
I have a pair of Rotwilers, Baron and Kaylee they are 10 years old. Then there is Redman, Dakota, and Fargo, the horses. Kong our African Grey.

We also have way too many cats, outside, but living in the woods requires a few cats to keep rodents away.

KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 02:35 PM UTC
We have one cat, Mr. Mohinga.

Tigerbait
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 17 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 02:52 PM UTC
I have 2 dogs. Tygger and Sheela. you can't tell too much in this pic but the Lab/huskey is stripped. He's 65 lbs. and thinks hes a lap dog and he acts just like a little brother with Sheela... he annoys the crap out of her constantly. LOL

spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 03:43 PM UTC
I used to have an African Gray (or she had us... it's kind of hard to know with them), and I have two degus now.
Aleksey_Gilevskiy
Visit this Community
Belgorod, Russia
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We have one cat, Mr. Mohinga.

The cat is very clever, heh? His ambush is perfect
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 6,188 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 05:39 AM UTC
I have 3 dogs ... Tony, Willie and Pokey. Every Halloween they like to put on their costumes and wait for the Trick OR Treater's to ring the doorbell. They seem to have fun even though Pokey doesn't seem to be too thrilled about it in this picture.

The kids in the neighborhood get a kick out of them.

Tony

Willie

Pokey
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 06:38 AM UTC
Ah cool a pet thread.

Some nice looking pets there.

Well meet Puma the brown one on the left and the grey one on the right Hetzer (guess who gave the names ) Hetzer is a limping one since she only has three and a half leg and 7 cm of tail less after an accident. But she is fun

Then we also have a pond full of Koi in the picture only a fw are visible we have around 25 of them and they are multiplying themselves so we don't need to buy young ones anymore. In the pond there is also a sturgeon and I'm planning on getting another one

Latest installment in our "jungle" as friends like to call our house is Kuka a green Hispaniola Parrot which loves to talk.

Next to that but not in pictures we have an aquarium full of little fish... no clue what they are called in English... the Dutch name is "Siergup" or "Guppies" and a Nightingale called Bapao which is actually too fast to put on cam.

By the way @ Kosprueone... I love that picture of your cat.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,661 Posts
KitMaker Network: 399 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 08:56 AM UTC
little king charles spaniel named sparky!
he liek so playfully nibble your hand!
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 01:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The cat is very clever, heh? His ambush is perfect

Thanks, Aleksey

Quoted Text

Ah cool a pet thread.

Some nice looking pets there.

Well meet Puma the brown one on the left and the grey one on the right Hetzer (guess who gave the names ) Hetzer is a limping one since she only has three and a half leg and 7 cm of tail less after an accident. But she is fun

Then we also have a pond full of Koi in the picture only a fw are visible we have around 25 of them and they are multiplying themselves so we don't need to buy young ones anymore. In the pond there is also a sturgeon and I'm planning on getting another one

Latest installment in our "jungle" as friends like to call our house is Kuka a green Hispaniola Parrot which loves to talk.

Next to that but not in pictures we have an aquarium full of little fish... no clue what they are called in English... the Dutch name is "Siergup" or "Guppies" and a Nightingale called Bapao which is actually too fast to put on cam.

By the way @ Kosprueone... I love that picture of your cat.

A Koi pond, Super Cool!

And I'll tell Mr. Mohinga your comments about his ghillie suit. He'll be flattered.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 02:01 PM UTC
I have 2 dogs that would like to play with your cats, spiders and birds...

Shaun
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 03:12 PM UTC
Our "child", Bailey.

He will be 11 on Wednesday (I need to go get him a new bone and a bag of treats ), I took this pic last year on his 10th b-day. He pretty much looks the same, just a little more gray around his muzzle.

Mike
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,954 Posts
KitMaker Network: 121 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 04:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

they are called "guppies" in English too. =)

flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 657 Posts
KitMaker Network: 201 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:24 PM UTC
hey,
we've got three dogs,Blk.Lab,Blue Heeler and a Rat Terrier ,Outerbanks Kingsnake(1 1/2 yrs. ago it was 15" long,today it's 45"),3 Red Rat Snakes (50"-40"-28"),Yellow Ratsnake(40"),Baird's Ratsnake(24"),Gray Ratsnake(50"),Western Fox Snake(Caught 1 1/2 yr, ago,as a hatchling 12",today its 28"),California KingSnake(Choclate brown,stripped phase),Bull Snake(72"),5 Western Plains Gartersnakes(including a very rare light phased variation,caught in our backyard),2 Bearded Dragons,Sulcata Tortoise (third largest Tortoise in the world,when full grown,could reach 200 lbs.) and 7 racing pigeons .

member of Gartersnakes.com-our photo gallery.individual's can be seen in separate albums here .

http://www.thamnophis.com/thamphotos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=848

Joe

Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 06:20 AM UTC
Ketcher is 12yr old toy Poodle, with a bad ticker. Hopefully she has a few more years in her, one of the best dogs I've owned.

Burik
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 10:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Our "child", Bailey.

Mike

Beautiful dog...

Nice thread. Here are our dogs. They are our kids as well. The older Golden was in our wedding. She wore a tux and stole the show. Nobody was interested in us - they just wanted to meet Daggett. We adopted Norbert, the younger one. The two Goldens are best of pals.

You can probably tell my wife has issues when it comes to dressing them up. Something for all occasions!

Bob
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 04:47 PM UTC
I am the proud owner of Bess the border collie, her parents were both working dogs herding sheep in the Owyhee mountains here in Idaho, border collies are considered by many to be the most intelligent breed she is a great backpacking partner and one hell of a herding dog.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2008 - 05:16 PM UTC
Gizmo and Rambo

HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 570 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 12:14 AM UTC
I have a cat named Gypsy that is about 10 yrs old, very fat and loves to lie around.

Hasty
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 01:14 AM UTC
Ola Dave... nice pics... I thought I saw the right one before

whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 646 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 03:36 AM UTC
I've got two cats, Blackie and Junior , brother and sister Junior is a 17 lb. orange short hair and his sister is a 6 lb. black longhair They are a trip. Just got their shots yesterday