_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Let's see your workbench
scj1014
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 56 Posts
KitMaker Network: 18 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 12:35 PM UTC
You are a reloader...tough to tell from the resolution of your photo what exactly you reload, though. A wild guess would be rifle calibers.

my hobby room is basically the same...one half for models and the other half for reloading...mostly handgun cailbers.

I've noticed in a lot of these threads on various frums that a lot of modeleres are also reloaders. Somewhat strange combination...
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 07:52 AM UTC
Hi Cheyenne, thanks for the comments.

Having kicked my own ass into gear I have been doing a wee bit more modelling this last few months than ever before. A lot of it is down to having made the effort to build the shed the way I wanted it in the first place. Having aquired bits and pieces since then it has improved. Daft as it sounds though, the more space I have the messier it is getting again.

I am about to aquire a second hand, portable fume cupboard used in chemistry classrooms with integral fan housing, a glass shelved trophy cabinet, and a large wooden work bench with two large vices and a heavy duty metal block from my old high school that is about to get knocked down. All for a tenner.

This means yet another clear out of redundant stuff and move around of reference materials that I did not get round to sorting out after aquiring the wrap around desks before xmas.

Not seen the fume cupboard yet and don't know what size it is but should work out easy to use as spray booth as most of these are large enough to set up experiments in and allow the kids to watch either side of the teacher. Since it is coming from a school it has had annual electrical check ups too.

Pics will follow once it is shoe horned in to the shed.

Me a happy bunny
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 11:58 AM UTC
Me a HAPPY BUNNY!!!!

As with several others, my old High school (from 1975 - 1979) is about to move from its 35 year old building to a brand new one that I, in my job, have been checking on through its design and construction. A very big 1:1 construction kit tee hee!!

The old schools are junking a heck of a lot of old kit and amongst other things I was able to bid for and get this little beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schools are getting brand new stuff.

This has carbon filters, a bright, integral light system and was tested every year

I am keeping my old record turntable and can slot the my compressor air lines through the lovely rubber flaps to the rear and keep every thing neat and tidy now

This is the Heath Robinson version I am junking

I still need to aquire some flexi duct and a grill to take the air outside.
Now I have a proper spray booth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,alls I need to do is try to learn to do some proper spray painting.
I also picked up this fantastic trophy cabinet that only suffers from a little carving by some pupil who left his mark waiting outside the headmasters office (easily sanded down)

I finally have somewhere to start displaying my models in the house safe from the girls, wife and dog

Not bad for five pounds each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still got other stuff to get once it comes available but has meant my shed is in an uproar so no modelling done.

Me a VERY HAPPY BUNNY

Nige
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 02:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

here you go, old picture but not much has changed - except for some more light. Can anyone guess my other hobby

Shooting it is.
Mine used to be too.
dante
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 49 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 08:01 AM UTC
I tried to include everything I do computer, games, TV, coffee and models. It's tough to be handicapped. Btw excuse the mess; it's how I work.
Dan

imagoodsniper
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 03:17 AM UTC
Heres my bench
its unusualy clean in these pics

inqzitr
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States