Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Get the Job Done official t
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 11:41 PM UTC
Ola guys

@ Scott

Quoted Text

Robert- I forgot about the motorcycle diorama. My personal vote would be that one. Its got cool figures. Any will do

Well that indeed is also very high on my finish up list. But there is some good news... I managed to finish Queen of the Battlefield Took me a year in all to get her finished. but here she is. I still need to make new pictures as the light really was bad. Too much of it oh well here it is

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 03:22 AM UTC
Nice build. I'd have never gotten anything accomplished if my crewmen were built like that Again, nice build. "Q"
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 10:27 AM UTC
Heres a few pics of the R4D5 with its colorful paint scheme. I need to do some minor touch ups here and there, but it has turned out rather well I think, considering where it was when I set it aside. Hopefully I'll be able to get some decals on her this week end. Thanks. "Q"

Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 04:48 AM UTC
Started the decaling process last night. The black demarkation strip between the silver and white shattered, so I had to use some left overs from a 1/144 Constellation and they worked out perfectly. Once the striping had shattered, I made the decision to overspray the remaining decals with Testors Decal Set to help keep them intact. I added one of the United States Navy decals down the side before leaving for dinner. It snuggled down fine over night. Pressing on with the rest of the decals today. Pics to follow soon. How is everybody else doing on their builds? "Q"
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 05:50 AM UTC
Nice paint scheme Red, I like it. Are the windscreens masked? They look black.

Robert - nice vignette, very cool. Every time I see one of these figures on a partial AFV I wanna do one. Now I just need to get off by backside and do it.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 07:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice paint scheme Red, I like it. Are the windscreens masked? They look black.

Thanks, all the windows and the windscreen are clear. Its just the angle of the photo. I got all but two small decals done, and then add the fiddly parts to it. Thanks, "Q"

GaryKato
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 12:07 AM UTC
Well, I was wandering in my apartment bored. A voice inside my head spoke to me: "Why not work on the M5A1 kit? Do some painting!". And as always, I did what the voice said. I painted the OD on the spare roadwheel, commander's searchlight, touched up the mounts molded on the tools, then switched to Flat Black to paint the roadwheels already mounted on the lower hull and the rubber pads of the kit tracks. Yes, that's right I've changed my mind again. I'm going to build it with the kit tracks.

I feel good. This was the most modeling I've done in 5 or 10 years. Maybe I'll get myself down to D&J this weekend for some new tubes of putty (mine were all dried up) and fill in those sink holes on the commander's .30cal. I'm feeling optimistic that I'll finish this thing before Xmas.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 05:03 AM UTC
Gary, I think you'll find that once you get into a groove you'll keep going. Good on ya' for giving the lil' M5A1 some attention! I know once I resumed work on the R4D-5 it was hard to stop as I really wanted to see her finished. I just finished another one for the campaign. A Hasegawa P-51 that had been sitting on my shelf for way to long semi finished. I jumped in on another group build over on Hyperscale for P-51's this was the prime candidate. A few snags finishing her, but nothing serious. Good luck on keeping energized with your builds. "Q"

spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 07:24 PM UTC
Well, I'm making progress. The Panther has its camo done -some mud on the bottom of the hull, and the wheels can get on. I might even finish it in time. (It's gotta be done next week. I'm going away for two weeks in January.)
Photos tomorrow.
spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 03:39 PM UTC
Well, all is quiet on the western front. Anybody here?

I think I finally finished the sucker. I don't feel like touching the poor thing, so I think the wires will not be added. Or maybe the bare minimum. But I don't see myself rigging it.

The rotors turned out rather nice, though. Too bad the photo doesn't give it justice.

Now, onto the Hind and the MiG-21. (Gosh, I actually brought the Hind over from Europe half-finished five years ago... I can't take it back like this. I have to get it done.)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:47 PM UTC
I am glad it ends in June.

Will have mine done by then.
Removed by original poster on 05/02/08 - 00:25:08 (GMT).
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 07:43 PM UTC
Hi all,

Got my little Jagdtiger finished but still have to take pics. Will do so before June Perhaps I can get my brencarrier finished as well but that will be a close finish then...

Martin
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 10:58 AM UTC
Here is mine right here.

Before

After

Would like to know if we need to put these somewhere Else to get credit for the Campaign?

I will post In Armorama anyway.

Comments welcome.
Need to get better.

Thanks all
Good campaign to bad only got one done.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 05:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Would like to know if we need to put these somewhere Else to get credit for the Campaign?

Jeff,
Just post another picture in the official Get The Job Done gallery and that should take care of it.

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/20240

This coming Sunday is the final day. This will mark the end of the 7th campaign that I have completed. I am looking forward to seeing the ribbon for this campaign. Everyone's entries look great.

HARV
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 08:28 AM UTC
Wow, the campaign is almost over - boy did if fly. I remember seeing it start and thinking - that'll last a long time. Now its almost here.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow, the campaign is almost over - boy did if fly. I remember seeing it start and thinking - that'll last a long time. Now its almost here.

Uh.....who do we talk to about an extension?!?

Mike
spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:26 AM UTC
Nice to see so many finished entries
If anyone needs extension, please let me know. (After all this campaign is for the notorious procrastinators.) Also, I'd need some guidance what to do after Sunday -it's my first time.
I haven't finished half I wanted to, but my new job a bit demanding timewise -I commute three hours a day. While I can catch up on sleep and reading, getting out some glue, paint and plastic at the train would earn me a few looks on behalf of my fellow travelers.
I shall finish the Hind, though, later on. That's something I really want to get over with; I've been building it since '94. (My first helicopter, my finished PE... and a lifelong companion.)
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Also, I'd need some guidance what to do after Sunday -it's my first time.

Andras,

As the Campaign lead, you'll have the ability, under the campaign page (here) to be able to "award" a ribbon to those that complete the campaign. Side note to this...I don't see a ribbon, so one will need to be created/added. Go through all posts, find those that completed their "belated" kit, and award the ribbon. It's not hard....things will be pretty self-explanatory after the official end date. For those that need an extension, that's on you to say "yea" or "nay." At some point, the ability to award the ribbon will expire (and as this Campaign is on ModelGeek)...all you need to do is hit up the Campaign Admin (Matt Leese) and he should be able to "extend" the award time. (Hmmmmm...sounds familiar! )

Mike

Oh..a p.s. I'm probably going to request a "short" extension.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 12:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Jeff,
Just post another picture in the official Get The Job Done gallery and that should take care of it.

http://gallery.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php/cat/20240

This coming Sunday is the final day. This will mark the end of the 7th campaign that I have completed. I am looking forward to seeing the ribbon for this campaign. Everyone's entries look great.

HARV

Thanks Harv I might of got greedy and posted 3.

I have an idea how about " Git-it-Done 2 "
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
entire network: 3,098 Posts
KitMaker Network: 899 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 01:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Harv

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Quoted Text

I have an idea how about " Git-it-Done 2 "

Well................I do have a Tamiya WWII German Sdkfz251/1 Hanomag that I opened up several years ago and looked at. I had every intention of starting it but that is about as far as I got with it. So I say why not. I am down to three campaigns that I am enlisted in now and I have to keep my campaign addiction fed!!

HARV
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 01:34 PM UTC
I'm a total failure, as I didn't get anything done!
:(
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 5,182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 242 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm a total failure, as I didn't get anything done!
:(

Me neither Dave, but still have until Sunday
Trying to finish a Dragon/DML 1/35 LSSC

Think I can manage to...

Rui
spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 - 02:17 PM UTC
Don't give up, gentlemen. As it was mentioned, it is the campaign for our type -a week or two extension should be possible, I'd say
Get on building...
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 11:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Don't give up, gentlemen. As it was mentioned, it is the campaign for our type -a week or two extension should be possible, I'd say
Get on building...

A week you say we are so Laid back how about an extra 4 months