Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Get the Job Done official t
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 10,069 Posts
KitMaker Network: 119 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 09:58 PM UTC
I have started on my entry for this campaign. The Eastern Express BMD-2. You can see more in my blog on Armorama.

My BMD-2 blog
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are some cool updates here.
Martin nice carrier, comin' along well.

Thanks mate! I hope to get the carrier finished soon but I do need some time for it.....which I don't have at the moment. Really picked the wrong study, far too much work-pressure
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:56 PM UTC
Hmmm this campaign somehow fits me perfectly. I actually have in the planning for 2008 to finish at least a couple of models from my grey army. It is in most cases not the problem with building the kit... It is when I enter the painting stages. Si yes I have half the German army waiting for paint in the nearby vacinity of my workbench. and some vehicles only really need one run of tracks... And some only need a bit of weathering.
So I enlisted... and see if I can do something good with them.
Will post a pic with vehicles and dio's waiting to be finished once

Great initiative

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:15 PM UTC
Robert - did you ever finish the small canal with ice in it?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
I really need to get my A$$ in gear and get the bench cleared off... and finishe something...... Now, which kit to finish????????
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Robert - did you ever finish the small canal with ice in it?

Nope that one never got to the finished stage but I have plans to completely rebuilt it and make it a bit larger as the base was a little cramped for what I had in mind.
But looking at what I have in my gallery there is plenty I can choose from that really needs to be finished. Some of the older projects were either scrapped or parts taken for another project but I will do a sum up of what might be in store for this campaign.

Der Hammer Experimental German Recoilless rifle. Completely assembled and primed... now in need of paint.

Kleiner panzerbefehlswagen IB. Only needs one run of tracks to be added and someweathering at that side of the hull. Sadly no better pics then this one at the moment.

A small Vignette called "SNOWBALL!!!" (actually the one where you talked about Scott. Will eventually completely be rebuilt.

Panzer IA Ladungsleger. This one fell out of the cupboard a while ago and the complete Explosive thingy on the back broke off. Need to completely rebuilt this one.

Dio for the On 2 wheels campaign.

Mercedes Benz Stuttgard 260 Luftschutzwagen Vacu form and white metal kit. Is painted but needs highlighting and Weathering

Is the end yet in sight?... No sadly not

Queen of the battlefield. Only need to weather the boots and paint the pistol holster and do some minor weathering at the turret.... quite sad how a project can end at a standstill on only a few of those minor things.

I bought this once and assembled it but never got around painting it

1:72 Weasel. Did assemble it but never got painted.

KFZ 19 Fernsprechsbetriebskraftwagen vacu form conversion on Tamiya Krupp Protze chassis. Still searching for reference material on radio trucks.

Tristar Flakpanzer IA. Interior painted. still needs to be weathered and the exterior needs to be painted.

DML Panhard 178 only needs weathering

Lend Lease Dodge needs highlighting of the base color. Painting the tires and a lot of weathering.

My Crossing the Rhine Dio with the bazooka gunner. Primed the vehicle and found out there were huge gapes between the floorplate and the bodysides of the horch. Still need to fill that and I screwed up the painting of the figures. And of course all the rest still needs to be done.

There might be a few other things too. I don't have pictures of everything I built.

but for now there is enough to choose from.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...and start to finish mine.

I think you have just summed up the whole thing in that sentence

EDIT:
Hey, Robert, I just saw your post... that weasel is impressive. (And the rest is great, too. Your Queen... dio is simply stunning.) I guess there will be no problem having at least one finished.
almonkey
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,124 Posts
KitMaker Network: 369 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
o.k., i did promise to get another longstanding kit on its way, you even got a sneak preview earlier in this thread so here it is, its a pegasus limited run kit of a junkers CL1 two seater

at this stage i've added a plasticard floor to hide what would have been a wicked and unfillable seam, and the interior is sprayed out in alclad white aluminium

i've added a instrument panel left over from an avro 504 set, otherwise the cockpit front would look incredibly bare through that open cockpit, also you can just make out a cushion on the gunners "stool" made from folded up bottle foil. i also replaced the kit seat with an aeroclub one that has simulated quilting on, and added some straps with a bit more bottle foil

now its looking like an aeroplane!
slodder
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 06:11 AM UTC
Robert- I forgot about the motorcycle diorama. My personal vote would be that one. Its got cool figures. Any will do
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 03:44 PM UTC
Alrighty, here it is; the Ford TFC (Polish Armored Car):

And where I stand right now:

I have a new Iwata AB, so it should make the painting much easier!!

Mike

CrackerJacks, three on the plate (the AC, a Dodge Deora, and a KT). What the heck am I thinkin'???
bill1
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
entire network: 3,938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
Hey Folks,

This will be my entry...this project is a part of a campaign on the Benelux section called "Battle of the Low Countries". The Krupp Protze is done...but the vegetation and surroundings of the ground is very pour...there's to much open space!
So my job will be to make a nice green enviroment for the setting...and last but not least...a great deal of figies will also join the dio!!!
So...hope i finally get this job done!

greetz Nico
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 08:43 PM UTC
My BMD-2 project is moving along quite nicely and it looks like it will be finished this time around More can be seen in the build blog on armorama HERE

Some people really have issues about finishing their models. I thought I was bad at finishing projects

Here is a little teaser picture:

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC
YES! Finished my BMD-2! A short and concentrated effort and I have this one finished. I am quite satisfied with the results. You can see my build blog HERE

Here is the finished result:

Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 04:47 PM UTC
I got these posted over on another thread so I thought I would post them here as well. So far so good as I have 4 knocked out thus far. Also note the rather large pile of kits yet to be done. I'm hoping to have them done over the winter. One can only hope. "Q"

Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 03:20 AM UTC
I got another one I'm getting ready to put the wraps on. An old ESCI 1/72 R4D5, or a C-47 with skis. It will be marked as the first one to land on the south pole. Gloss white over silver with Hi-viz orange on the wing tips and tail section. Some pics to follow soon. "Q"
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 05:10 AM UTC
Here's the R4D5 I spoke of. Need to add some more filling around one wing root, polish and then its ready for some more paint. Thanks "Q"
Cyberwombat
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 262 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 10:44 AM UTC
Here's the first of my shelf queens finished: a Trumpeter SAM-6 missile carrier, that I started last year. I think. Here's a pre-paint photo, showing the completed model with Eduard photo-etch:

Honestly I don't know why I stopped working on this, it was so near completion! Might be because I read (after assembly) that the missiles OOTB are too long. Plus I wasn't entirely satisfied with the PE. Regardless, I decided to go ahead and paint it:

Here's a hint if you build one of these: leave the rockets off and paint them separate, they are usually a slightly different shade of green.

Not the best work I've ever done, but I learned a lot about working with PE. It's a very nice kit and I have since gotten a second for a repeat effort.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 11:33 AM UTC
And the most important part of it all..........its now finished. Good looking build. "Q"
GaryKato
Visit this Community
entire network: 3,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 490 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 01:32 PM UTC
This is my first entry: Tamiya's 1/35 M5A1 Stuart built OOB. I think I stopped when I noticed the end connectors of the tracks connected links to themselves instead of to the next/previous link. I bought an AFV Club track set for it but never started back up on the project. This was also my first real airbrushed kit and I was surprised at how well it turned out (Tamiya OD). Now I have to dust it thoroughly.

Those are just the Tamiya kit tracks fitted on there for looks.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 04:37 PM UTC
Just took a close look at the AFV Club tracks. All those links. Each one with a sink hole on one side and an ejection pin mark on the other. As Dr.Smith would say, "Oh, the pain!".
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 08:16 PM UTC
Joy! A compromise. I felt the AFV Club tracks were too good for the Tamiya kit, but I didn't think it deserved the kit tracks. As it turns out, I have an AFV Club M3A3 kit and it comes with correct rubber tracks. I can use the working track set for the M3A3 and use the rubber ones on the Tamiya kit. And put off all that puttying and sanding for another time.
slodder
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 11:37 PM UTC
nice updates guys. Love the SAM 6.
Matt what scale is the R4D5? Looks 1/72?

Gary - silly question - if the AFV tracks have sink holes and pin marks won't the work and effort bring them down to Tamiya level?
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 04:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary - silly question - if the AFV tracks have sink holes and pin marks won't the work and effort bring them down to Tamiya level?

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Doh!

However, another reason to not use the working tracks is that they seem to require trimming of an inside rim of the drive sprockets and mine are firmly glued on which would make that hard.
Red4
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 06:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Matt what scale is the R4D5? Looks 1/72?

Scott, yes indeed it is 1/72. Old ESCI kit that had some major warp issues. I have all the paint shot at this point and it looks killer. Gloss white, over aluminum, with flourescent red wing tips and tail section. Pulled off the masking on the windows and am in the process of cleaning up around the window openings. I'll get some pics loaded tomorrow. Hoping to get the decals going soon as well. Thanks.
"Q"
slodder
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 11:10 PM UTC
Gary, no biggie, I ask the question for similar personal experience. I've saved things for a 'better' kit and either the 'better' kit never comes or when I finish I look back and say 'DOH' The rim trim doesn't sound fun, that can actually really throw off the position of the tracks.

The R4D5 sounds good - can't wait to see it.