Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Worlds BEST beer....
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 162 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 01:29 PM UTC
hey guys,

i've heard this theory being mentioned before that the best beer out there is the local beer of the town you're in. the principle being that it will be the freshest beer out there (no long supply chain) and that the taste of the local beer has often evolved out of complementing the local foods and palates.

i have frequently found this to be true. i love drinking Tiger beer here in Singapore, but drinking it overseas has often been a disappointment. i love Crown Lager in Melbourne, Loewenbrau in Munich, even Kingfisher in India tastes great! And here's the surprise package: try to get your hands on Pearl River beer when in Macau or Shenzhen or Guangzhou, it really tastes great with the local seafood.

andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 01:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

y guys,

i've heard this theory being mentioned before that the best beer out there is the local beer of the town you're in. the principle being that it will be the freshest beer out there (no long supply chain) and that the taste of the local beer has often evolved out of complementing the local foods and palates.

Lim, please tell me this isn't true?............my local beer is absolutly horrible! I can't even drink it when I am drunk
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 03:18 PM UTC
You can get it Rollin
You can get it Goalin
You can get feedin a fire
A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer
And the best cold beer is Vic
Vic Bitter
It can come at any time
Dishin' up chow or showin em how
...matter o' fact, ive got it now

Click HERE for the original theme of the worlds greatest beer

USMarine
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
entire network: 475 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 03:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

?............my local beer is absolutly horrible! I can't even drink it when I am drunk

andy007 would this happen to be the famous TUI
but nuthing beats a ice cold DB,double brown or speights on a hot summers day-which we didnt see much of this year

but i stil reckon burbon is the only way to go ,WOODSTOCK !!!!!!

o and lestweforget ,victoria bitter is RANK,well over here it is anyway
Ross
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 04:27 PM UTC
The World's best beer is obviously Courage Directors, strange how everyone else seems to have missed that. But there again Courage also make something they call "Best" which, also quite obviously, isn't.

Justification:

As we all know different times, situations, accompanying food can make different beers ideal for different situations. For this reason some may say "there cannot be a single best beer"

However, consider a sunny day, a cold light beer would be very nice indeed, but look they have Directors, the cellar is well kept and just the right coolness. The copper brew is not too thick nor malty, dare I say refreshing even, just the job.
Or consider a freezing winter night, the fires on in the corner, maybe a thick syrupy sweet warm ale is called for to bring some cheer, but look, they have directors. That warming coppery colour, those fruity hints but underlying sweetness, not too cold, just the job.
On no, I've broken my leg, I can't get down the pub or never make it back. Look! They've put Directors in cans, and it's not too fizzy either. Just the job for the housebound.
What about going abroad, the opportunity to try something of the local culture, but hey, look! They export Directors to America, the homesickness disappears as the coppery delightful perfect balance of Malt and Hops eases the nerves and steadies the fear. Just the job.

Yes, the universal beer! Pleasant taste, perfect nose, the way it starts to move into the thighs and feet to relax those tensions away, Gently following to the temples and easing the nerves. Never sickening, not too strong but strong enough, never weak. Hurrah!
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 - 09:30 PM UTC
I voted for directors Ross,one of the best bitters on the market.went oto pup once in St.Osyths village and they had it on tap three pints later I couldnt stand up luvvly stuff.
Ross
Visit this Community
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 07:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I voted for directors Ross,one of the best bitters on the market.went oto pup once in St.Osyths village and they had it on tap three pints later I couldnt stand up luvvly stuff.

Excellent. If a beer doesn't affect the legs, it doesn't deserve being called beer.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 - 07:53 PM UTC
Directors doesn't do good things to your insides, speaking from experience when a student.....

Best real ale experience (that I can remember ) was in a pub on the Glamorganshire Coast back in student days. We'd gone out for a sedimentology field trip and happened to wind up there at lunch time. Two pints later and the rest of the afternoon sped past.... i think we were measuring the sphericity of stones on the beach or something like that.

Exactly which beer it was has slipped my mind, might have been 6X.

David
armorguy
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 269 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 - 10:37 PM UTC
Hi guys!

I vote for Boulevard "Unfiltered Wheat". It's a great beer from Kansas City that can be found at least around the Midwest, USA... maybe even further. Try it if you get a chance! Great stuff!

Boulevard
james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 08:30 PM UTC
I forgot to add Coopers Sparkling Ale to the list!

Its an Australian beer but being stuck in Scotland it is very difficult to get hold off

Anyway back to work for me

Jamie
rotATOR
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 223 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 - 09:15 PM UTC
Budweiser in a can is the best out there
swingbowler
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 162 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 06:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Lim, please tell me this isn't true?............my local beer is absolutly horrible! I can't even drink it when I am drunk

maybe I should qualify the theory only works in countries with decent breweries ...(lived six years in Melbourne, Kiwi-bashing rubbed off on me) but seriously have been drinking really good Kiwi wine for a few years now, maybe that's where the good stuff is.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 11:42 PM UTC
I had courage sparkling on a Oberon class submarine when it was visiting the port of London ,chief petty officer invited us to their mess and we got drunk as ten men that was a fearsome brew,smashed my head open on a bulkhead got voted in as a honorary submariner,had to use the head and learned to pee while my back was curved so far back it nearly touched my backside. her in doors was not pleased when a cab pulled up outside the house and I fell out into the gutter,what a day that was.
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 05:19 PM UTC
In the states, Rolling Rock. Imports to USA-Heineken.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 06:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

maybe I should qualify the theory only works in countries with decent breweries ...(lived six years in Melbourne, Kiwi-bashing rubbed off on me) but seriously have been drinking really good Kiwi wine for a few years now, maybe that's where the good stuff is.

Fair call Lim, NZs beer is not up to the standards of Europe, but as you mention our wine is definatly top notch stuff.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 09:09 AM UTC
I'm a big fan of Irish cream ales like Kilkenny but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Guiness.... ah, sandwich in a glass.... Local Calgary Big Rock 'Grasshopper' or 'Warthog' is very nice too. The most interesting beer ever for me was the local Yemeni beer brewed in Aden we could get in the early 90's. It was called Sira beer and it was really very good. The interesting part came when we discovered that the alcohol content could sometimes vary from batch to batch. You could drink it all day and not feel a punch. The next day, the first one would leave you feeling absoloutely legless. I'm not sure if the still make it but it was good. The runour was that the German brewmeister that was hired many years ago could never get an exit visa because they wanted to keep him...lol

Bob