Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
ESPN FFL Players Check In
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hey,
Some of you folks have slots empty on your rosters or have players that are out for the season still on your rosters. It is fine if you want to leave your rosters like that when you are playing my team but you may want to update them if you are playing someone else, like Ed or Bob.

Shaun
/Need all the help I can get

War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 03:11 AM UTC
Hey now!!! Don't go around trying to strengthen my future opponents! Even though my squad's off to a decent start I'll still take all the help I can get. :-)
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 05:46 PM UTC
Squad is up to date, and hey the Limey is no longer bottom of the league !!! :-) :-) :-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 05:57 PM UTC
Andy, reference Ruben Droughns:
Probable means the player has a 75% chance of playing; questionable means 50%, and doubtful means 25%. The only reason they have injury reports at all, contrary to what the NFL says, is so the odds makers in Vegas know where to set the line for the game.
It has been my experience that you don't want to have anyone that is questionable on your active roster. Nine times out of ten they won't play.

Just a bit of advice, for what's it is worth.

Shaun
Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 03:08 AM UTC
Cheers Shaun. I don't want to incur your wrath just due to my ignorance of the finer points - i'll get it sorted.

Andy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 04:43 PM UTC
Ack Andy!!! No wrath incursion. Just trying to help out. You should not have dropped him altogether, just benched him...

Sorry if you misunderstood.

Shaun
Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 09:41 PM UTC
Went away for the weekend, and it's all gone pear shaped !!!!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 10:00 PM UTC
Andy,
Don't worry about it. I have been at this a while and still can't win. I waived Braylon Edwards last week so Sunday he racks up 116 yards receiving and a TD. Go figure...

Shaun

Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2006 - 02:22 AM UTC
It's still more fun than Soccer. Really annoyed that when i was in the States two years ago i couldn't tie up where i was with a game, neither LA or San Francisco or Oakland had a home fixture in the correct week. Wife had even agreed to come with.

Andy
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 10:24 AM UTC
He-he.

The reigning Armorama League Champion, Kansas City FullMetalJacket is still undefeated at 3-0. Now that I have written that, I've probably jinxed myself, but hey, come and get the smack.

To tell the truth, Ed Tanski's Seattle War Machines (3-0) and Robert Cullum's Acworth Armor Sharks (3-0) have done a great job to lead the respective divisions and put up a lot of points.

Seriously, the league is better this year. We have more active owners, more waiver-wire action, and a hint of smack on the board. Not many trades ... but that may change as people get comfortable and they start feeling shortages at lead positions.

I go on and on about filling slots and it is so true. Poor Andy might have won this week had it been for one player filling one empty position!

Folks! Check your rosters for injuries. A few important players were injured badly this week and might be out for weeks or the season. You might want to take a chance on an up-and-coming player. I put Trent Green on my bench hoing he'd come back this week, but he may end up being a zero for the rest of the season. Take a hard look at any player with an "O' or a "Q" behind his name. Don't start an "O" player or I will make fun of you.

I managed to get past my bad "bye" weekend with a win, so look out folks! San Diego's defense will devour Baltimore's offense!. Warrick Dunn is going to make up for lost yardage against Arizona! Larry Johnson will find his stride against San Fran! Sorry Andy, but you are losing again this week, even if you fill your RB/WR slot!

Note to Andy: This is in no way a personal attack on you. This is a mild effort at what we Yanks call "talking smack" -- an attempt to intimidate our opponent. It is expected in Fantasy Football. See you on Sunday!
Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 05:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

He-he.

Note to Andy: This is in no way a personal attack on you. This is a mild effort at what we Yanks call "talking smack" -- an attempt to intimidate our opponent. It is expected in Fantasy Football. See you on Sunday!

Thanks for the note, i understand smack talking , but have no come back for my shoddy management.

You'll notice i haven' t even mentioned Europe's annialation of the US in the Ryder cup last weekend in an effort not to upset our colonial cousins.!!!

Andy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 09:30 PM UTC
Golf, Bah....

Shaun

Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 06:16 PM UTC
Shaun

I think i've got it this week - no empty slots left!!!

Have a good weekend

Andy
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 09:16 PM UTC
Kool Andy.

I think I just over think the problem. This week I am going to let my Jack Russel terriers pick my starting line up...

Shaun

Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 11:24 AM UTC
Ooooooooo ... Shaun. You go up against the Armor Sharks -- the sleeper who has kicked butt.

Beat them!

And Mary! beat the (seemingly unstoppable) War Machine! Mary made a lot of roster changes this week, so let's hope it pays off. Get 'im, Mary, get 'im, get 'im, get 'im! (he's the only thing between me and first place!)

Andy and I play this week. It ought to be interesting becuase we really decide on Monday night when th Packers play the Eagles. I have Farve and he has McNabb. Even if Brett has problems with Philly's D, I think I'll be OK.

Thanks to everyone in the league -- everyone is active and tending their teams. That is important to keeping up the league and the fun.

Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 05:07 PM UTC
Though we still have the Packers and the Eagles tonight on Monday Night Football, it looks like Shaun has given Robert's Sharks their first loss!

Mary's Angles made a good try but could't catch Ed's War Machine. Ed didn't even have an active kicker this week.

I could be in trouble if McNabb puts up some big numbers tonight against a questionable Packers' defense. I made a last-minute change last night and strated Hasselbeck at QB -- that decision is beginning to look kinda dumb.

It also looks like the Bulls and Waffen have recorded their first wins, meaning they join the Goats and the Steel Curtain at 1-3, all far behind the 3-1 Sharks in Division 2.

If I manage to hold on and get a win tonight, Ed and I will have the battle of the unbeatens next week.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 12:05 AM UTC
Portis, Addai, Colston...

Someone is rocking...

Shaun

Oh/ how 'bout that Falcons D?
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 09:27 AM UTC
in Shaun's word: ACK!

Looks like Andy beat me with McNabb. I had him by the backside coming into Monday night, but Donovan put up the points, passing and rushing.

Next week I take on Ed "Undefeated" Tanski's War Machine.

Keep your hats on folks ... I plan to bring some game.
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:32 AM UTC
It should be an interesting early season match-up, Bob. Just look out, since I'll have an active kicker this week! :-)
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 10:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It should be an interesting early season match-up, Bob. Just look out, since I'll have an active kicker this week! :-)

I'm doomed. DOOMED! :-) :-) :-)
Bigskip
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 05:30 PM UTC
Bob

Very sorry about breaking your unbeaten streak - NOT

Thanks to all for the abuse :-) :-) about leaving a slot open - it's much more fun when you don't

Andy
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 06:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob

Very sorry about breaking your unbeaten streak - NOT

Thanks to all for the abuse :-) :-) about leaving a slot open - it's much more fun when you don't

Andy

Last tip I give you. One of these days I'll learn to keep my thoughts to myself! :-) :-)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 08:20 PM UTC
Me too...

Shaun
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 09:38 AM UTC
The results are still unofficial, but it looks like I knocked off the final undeafeated team -- Ed Tanski's War Machine, 74-67.

This week, Shaun's Indy WW's were hammered by Mary's Armorama Angels, 59-34. Despite Donovan McNabb's 30 points, Andy's Kestrels lost to the Scott's Goats, 75-68.

Bernard's Bulls beat Shane's Steel Curtain, 67-56, and Robert's Armor Sharks, who were strong early, have dropped a second game to Steve's Panzers Waffen, 76-64, but still hold the lead in Division 2 with a 3-2 record.

Defenses are starting to control points. Glad I have San Diego. (Wish I had the Bears.)
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 10:06 PM UTC
I just blew it last week. If I would have played my bench, with only six active players I would have won. Of course Mary's bench scored more points than her team too. Next week, by God, look out.

Shaun