Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
ESPN FFL Players Check In
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 02:06 AM UTC
Good old McNabb - scored more than the rest of them put together - mind you i did have 6 members of the Mighty Kestrels on byes last week - not an excuse - just a fact.

The Mighty H is back this week, and if i'm lucky i may stay off the bottom of the division.

I am appreciative of your assitance Bob and Shaun - as a Limey i would hate to ruin the league when i took a place a fellow yank could have taken, but i'm enjoying it so far.

Andy
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 09:31 AM UTC
Tip of the Week: Don't play fantasy football.

EDIT: Never mind. My team is really stinking the place up this week.

And NO! I am never, ever, going to warn someone that they have a slot open on their roster. Or that someone on the roster is on the "Bye" week. No, never, ever. (Check your rosters.) Never, ever.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 04:26 AM UTC
I may be close to handing the dreaded War Machine their second loss in a row. Gonna be close. P Rivers rocks. Cobble a team together Bob, like I did.

Shaun

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 05:02 AM UTC
Okay,

I lost again by at least three points. On the up side, P Rivers still rocks and I had my crappy bye week.

Until next week ESPN FFLers...

Shaun
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 11:20 PM UTC
If I do win, it'll be the second time in three weeks that I got lucky with open roster spots. I really do need to stop thinking that I've taken care of my roster and actually check to make sure that I have.
Also, when did I become the bad guy in the league? Sure, I appreciate the fact that my good record has instilled fear in my opponents, and there is nothing that I enjoy more than conquest followed by listening to the lamentations of their women, but come on, it's just a game among friends, right? I mean, the highlight of the week is my losing and then someone nearly beating my "dreaded" team? Still, I do love the attention, so I hope my team continues doing well. :-)
Good luck to everyone the rest of the way, except for the weeks they're playing me.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2006 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cobble a team together Bob, like I did.

Actually, I think I have a pretty good team. I just played the wrong players this week. And who would have guessed that T.O. would wake up this week and score three TDs???

I still have Muhsin Muhammad in tonight's game. If he can put up 49 points, I win. (Yeah, right! And I feel so lucky, I'll use my car payment money to buy lottery tickets!)

Quoted Text

Also, when did I become the bad guy in the league?

When you kept winning.

Seriously, Ed, you're not the bad guy, you are the leader. That makes you a target, because everyone wants to knock off the guy on top. Of course, if you want to be "just one of the guys," you can trade away Bulger, Boldin and the Ravens D/ST to the "less fortunate" ... I'll bet you don't feel so much like the "bad guy" when you think about that!
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2006 - 10:05 AM UTC
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Bob. I guess having been a fan of teams that underachieved for so long, I wasn't accustomed to the attention of being in front. :-)
As for your other suggestions, I think I'd rather stay the leader/bad guy. In addition to everything else, I look better when I'm wearing a black hat.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2006 - 03:39 PM UTC
Ed,
The reason you are "dreaded" is because you keep whaling on everyone, which is after all the whole point of the exercise.

Shaun
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2006 - 05:47 PM UTC
Just watch the mighty Maidstone Kestrels can see off the War Machine next Week - we're on a roll

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Andy