Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Rednecks getting a new toy.
redneck
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 02:45 AM UTC
Thats right I’m looking into a new toy.

Here it is.

A Russian WWII rifle with kit.

Just contacted the seller and am hoping everything works out.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 04:29 AM UTC
Here is my varmint hunter from a few days ago.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 06:43 AM UTC
Alan,
What caliber? Nice scope....

Shaun
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:01 AM UTC
If you guys want a sweet weapon pick up a M1 Garand from the CMP. They cost as little as $300 and are shipped right to your door. A outstanding weapon as well as a genuine piece of WWII history you can put some rounds down range with 30-06 but kicks like a .22!

Zacman
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 210 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you guys want a sweet weapon pick up a M1 Garand from the CMP. They cost as little as $300 and are shipped right to your door. A outstanding weapon as well as a genuine piece of WWII history you can put some rounds down range with 30-06 but kicks like a .22!

GOD BLESS THE U.S. and It's Gun laws!
Jung
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 87 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:36 AM UTC
I recently purchased a 1944 bcd Mauser Kar98k. Only shot it once, but 700 rounds are coming my way this Friday.

hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:50 AM UTC
[/quote]
GOD BLESS THE U.S. and It's Gun laws![/quote]

That is exactly why I live here
Removed by original poster on 07/20/06 - 13:53:12 (GMT).
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GOD BLESS THE U.S. and It's Gun laws!

That's why I love living here!
Zacman
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 01:11 PM UTC
Some thing's making my mouth water and drull, and I ain't hungry!
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 05:48 PM UTC
Thanks guys.
Still talking with the seller so hop fully everything will work out if so this will be #10 in the collection not counting the 2 hand guns (not really mine yet) or the bow.

Alan I second the question of what caliber that is?

Hellbent how do they ship it to your door? I was thinking that was illegal in the states?
Anyway I already have an 30-06 but someday I wouldn’t mind adding an M1 to the collection.

Corey thats a nice kar98 you got. The stock looks great on it. Has it ever been redone?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 02:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alan,
What caliber? Nice scope....

Shaun

It's a Ruger 10/22T .22cal. It's the target model with heavy barrel and lightened trigger pull. The scope is a 6.5-20 x 50mm with 3 inch sunshade. Works well for popping prarrie rats, squirrels and other small varmints come to a stop.
Jung
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 05:01 AM UTC
Well it was coated in that Russian crap when they captured it, and you can tell on the butt it's starting to wear off. I want to refinish it, but I don't want to sand off the Waffenamps. You'll like the Mosin Nagant 91/30, they are accurate just like the Kar98.
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
Nice guns.

I recently acquired an interesting piece for my collection. We were cleaning out my late in-laws' home to prepare it for sale and we were working mostly in the basement because it was so freaking hot outside and upstairs. My wife finds this little rifle on the floor behind the basement door and tells me it once belonged to an old friend of her family. It's all rusty and covered with cobwebs -- looks like a child's BB or pellet gun. I just tossed it behind the seat of my pick-up and kind of forgot about it until Sunday night.

When I start cleaning it up I see that it is not a kid's toy at all -- it's a Winchester Model 1906 .22-caliber gallery gun. These little pump rifles used to be used in shooting galleries at carnivals and county fairs. Only the outside was really dirty and rusty and by the time I had things cleaned up, most of the bluing was gone. But the inside was well-oiled and clean -- and she operates just fine. The bore is worn from its days at the carnival, but it still has rifling and is complete. Its markings say it shoots .22 short, .22 long or .22 long rifle, and -- based on its serial number -- it looks like it was made in 1907.

OK, it's not a military gun, but I just have to wonder how many future Doughboys and GIs may have fired this thing at the carnival or fair before they even heard of a Springfield or Garand?
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 05:52 AM UTC
Not even allowed to have a bl**dy plastic picnic knife in the good ol' UK these days.

mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 496 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 06:00 AM UTC
Jacob, that's a pretty 91/30. They are excellent shooters and very accurate even with surplus WWII ammo. IMO, they are one of the most perfectly balanced rifles ever made.

As far as getting them "shipped to your door", that is possible if you have a Curio and Relics license. This is a class 03 FFL and allows you to have C & R weapons shipped directly from the distributor to you. To learn more on how to get this license, go here: License info

I've had mine for about 5 years now and have been able to get some real beauties for less than half the price I'd have paid the dealers. Plus, nothing beats the feeling of having the UPS truck pull up with that long brown box with your name on it!

If you have more questions about the license, please feel free to PM or email me.

Oh and by the way, those Garands from the CMP won't last forever. Get one while you can. You WON'T be disappointed!
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 08:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not even allowed to have a bl**dy plastic picnic knife in the good ol' UK these days.

Uh, yeah. Parts of the U.S. are that way, too. I try to stay out of those parts. They tend to be places where only the bad guys have guns.

Strange thing about guns: When everyone has them, no one uses them. When I lived in Arizona, in a town where it was OK to carry a handgun in the open, everyone did. No one ever pulled their iron unless it was to unload and show it to an interested acquaintance. Common courtesy called for this maneuver to be announced before attempted. I pity the fool who would walk into a bar, gas station or liquor store in Huachuca City and pull a gun to rob the place. He would have seen a display of hand-held firepower to behold. :-)
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 08:49 AM UTC
Another thing: When I was in high school in Wisconsin, we used to take our shotguns to school in the trunks of our cars -- not to shoot classmates or teachers, but so we could go hunting or trap shooting after school. That would never happen these days. Too bad, because I firmly believe that the more you know about guns and what they can and cannot do, the less likely you are to do something stupid. When people -- and governments -- are afraid of guns .... well, they are closing their minds on a useful tool.

Tired of the PC, but I'll get off my soapbox now.
Zacman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Uh, yeah. Parts of the U.S. are that way, too. I try to stay out of those parts. They tend to be places where only the bad guys have guns.

That's the whole of Australia, only the bad guys have the guns here and lots of them.
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 5,422 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 09:43 AM UTC
I have a rare WW2 German bayonet. It's from Germany's first assault rifle, the Maschinen Karbiner 42. Took some digging to find out what is was.

Kenny
Jung
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 12:41 PM UTC
http://files.uzitalk.com/images/usma/museum/stg-01.jpg

From the picture they look the same as a Kar98 bayonet, have any pics?
redneck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 06:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Another thing: When I was in high school in Wisconsin, we used to take our shotguns to school in the trunks of our cars -- not to shoot classmates or teachers, but so we could go hunting or trap shooting after school. That would never happen these days. Too bad, because I firmly believe that the more you know about guns and what they can and cannot do, the less likely you are to do something stupid. When people -- and governments -- are afraid of guns .... well, they are closing their minds on a useful tool.

Actually we still did it up till 04 when I left school.
And of course with my only coat being my hunting coat yo would be surprised at how often I had live ammo or a knife in my pockets there to.
Of course I wasn’t the only one and still never heard of anyone being shot or stabbed in my school.
As for the rest of what you said I totally agree.

Cary I’ll check that link out when I get a chance but I don’t think it would be worth it for me. I don’t buy to many guns and most of what I get I buy from the local shops. Just wanted to pick up a military one for the collection.

Next I need to get something in the range of a .223 and possibly a 45-70 and then i should be done for awhile.

Don’t know if I’ll be getting this exact one or not now. Seller seems to have gone AWOL on me.
Of course if I can’t get a hold of him again I have a few other people I can get one from.

Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

http://files.uzitalk.com/images/usma/museum/stg-01.jpg

From the picture they look the same as a Kar98 bayonet, have any pics?

I'll second that motion. Got any pics?

I have a few bayonets -- these are the two nicest.

Jung
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 01:11 AM UTC
What's the manufacturer name/dates? I have an old Chilean 7mm Mauser bayonet made by Weyersburg, Kirschbaum, and Solingen in Germany. Matching numbers too

-Jung
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
entire network: 5,422 Posts
KitMaker Network: 146 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 04:20 AM UTC
Here's my bayonet. There are no markings on it what so ever. It being German was our best guess.

Any help identifing it would greatly appreciated.

Kenny