_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New to the hobby
dsteere
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 05:50 AM UTC
Hi Everyone:

I have to say this is a great site!

I hope I am not out of line posting. I am new to the hobby with still lots to learn. My interests in model making is Axis - WWII.

The couple of models I have completed is in my photo's. Any idea's or suggestions would by great.

I have made a few models so far and I just started a Marder III.

Ragnar2004
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 213 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 06:08 AM UTC
Hello Dave,
Welcome to the Big A! You will definately learn alot here as there is a great deal of info to be learned not only from the people but from the wonderful articles that many have written. I have learned alot since I joined and continue to learn... and I've been modeling for 30+years now. I'm sure we all would love to see your work! Just remember, Do your best and keep the love for the hobby! Last peice of advice I can give you is... Don't be afraid to ask questions! There is NO "bad" question.. Trust me I know this! So sit back, enjoy the hobby and again: Welcome to Armorama!

Best Wishes,
Walter
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 2,748 Posts
KitMaker Network: 841 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 06:09 AM UTC
Dave:

First off, welcome to the site. Surf around and you'll learn a lot.

For a beginner, your models look pretty good. You might want to use some Dullcoat to tone down the shine on the figures and the muffler on the StuG.

Once you get more into serious modelling, you'll probably want to switch from the Dark Side to the Good Guys (i.e., the Allies), then I can give you more insightful hints and tips at improving your models. (Just joking -- build whatever you enjoy!)

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 06:51 AM UTC
Even though you do Axis WW2 we'll let you stay :-)
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 2,709 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 07:34 AM UTC
Welcome to the Big A Dave. You will find an abundance of Tigers and Panzers here. PM Vinnie aka Teacher if you want as most of his recent builds have been related to the Axis in some ways.
dsteere
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 11 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hi Everyone:

Just finished building two kits.

1. Tamiya German Tank destroyer Marder III
2. Italereri Jagdpanzer Tiger (P) Elefant

Both kits I thought where really fun to build and I did not have any problems building them.

Still have to detail and weather models.

Below is a pic of both models.

As always my models are no match to you guys and gals models. Long way to go so any comments are always welcome.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:12 AM UTC
Welcome Dave! The tank destroyers are coming along nicely! Like the paint jobs/cammo.Maybe some close-ups to see the details? I am not sure about the top run of track on the Marder.I think it should be much more taught than what you have now?I have no referance pic handy.Might be one in the Gallery though.
Keep having fun!
cheers!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 03:50 PM UTC
Hi Dave welcome to Armorama ...looking at your models reminds me of when I started ...those good old Stug IV and Panzer IV D classics from Tamiya ...I remember building them way back when I was in High school some 30 yrs ago ...They are still great kits to learn techniques on .. Don't be afraid to ask any questions or even PM me anytime if you need help with something ...You'll find this place very friendly ,just jump on in and have fun ...you'll see big improvements very quickly with help from this site ..

Rick
 _GOTOTOP