TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
"Mail Call"
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 335 Posts
KitMaker Network: 101 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 05:42 AM UTC
I've seen Mail Call a few times on the history channel, and near the end they say if you want to know something log on to historychannel.com. I posted something about guntrucks, but maybee we could do something about modeling. I dono if it would be related to it but it might be worth a shot. Or something related to it.

It would be pretty funny to see the drill seargent put a model together, or to hear what he says if he droped his knife or model.

Mike
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 08:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've seen Mail Call a few times on the history channel, and near the end they say if you want to know something log on to historychannel.com. I posted something about guntrucks, but maybee we could do something about modeling. I dono if it would be related to it but it might be worth a shot. Or something related to it.

It would be pretty funny to see the drill seargent put a model together, or to hear what he says if he droped his knife or model.

Mike

I asked a question months back. Got a form mail reply that it was being considered. Who knows? Maybe I'll see my question in some future episode. I'm sure they get 1,000's!

But, I like Mail Call. I think it's one of the better new shows that History Channel has come up with. Of course, that's largely to do with it's host!!

There's some new show on after it. Maybe called Conquest? Anyway, not so sure about that one. Something about demolition derbys the other night...

Steve
Rico
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 66 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 - 10:34 AM UTC
One episode of Conquest was pretty good - they explained all the ancient weapons like the mace, hammer, various swords, etc. and demonstrated how they are best used. Pretty funny - they were really crackin' each other in their armored suits with the things! The pole axe was rather good, you'd catch somebody around the ankle and pull their foot out from under them, then give 'em a good wallop with the ten-pound pointy end.
AIRB842586
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 261 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
I saw that episode on demolition derbies! It wasn't very exciting, a bit interesting at some points but otherwise not good.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:24 PM UTC
Mail Call rules, as far as I am concerned. I always wondered how anyone could aim a mortar until I watched that show. Someone needs to email R Lee and ask him to explain 120mm APFSDS rounds. Just so everyone else will realize how bada$$ the M1 is... LOL
spcsmith
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 17 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2003 - 01:30 PM UTC
I asked R.Lee a question about the sabot round just to see if it would get on the air. I really like his show.

David
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 354 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:57 AM UTC
Anybody that responds to a question with "What kind of grabazztic unorganized question is that?!" is OK in my book...
cartridge
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 61 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 11:11 AM UTC
I like the shows when he brings in mini Ernie :-)
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 03:26 PM UTC
...and the "Erminator"!

That show is great... even my wife likes watching it.

The problem is now all I hear from her is : "SUCK IN THAT GUT!" and "KEEP THOSE HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!"
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 - 03:34 PM UTC
thats shows awesome.he was building a model ship one time,if that counts.

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2003 - 06:31 PM UTC
He sure is a character and it all happened because he was in the right time/place when They needed a tough DI for a movie. Has anyone "seen/heard that doll of his? Shazammm
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 12:41 PM UTC
Well, I'd love to hang around here, but it's just about WHOOP-ASS TIME!

Happy birthday to you Gunnie!
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 2,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 559 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 - 03:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

He sure is a character and it all happened because he was in the right time/place when They needed a tough DI for a movie. Has anyone "seen/heard that doll of his? Shazammm

got to www.sideshowtoys.com and go to military, you should find it there, I like the time when they are digging a fox hole and they bury mini ermy, thatwas funny as h#$$.
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,864 Posts
KitMaker Network: 606 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2003 - 05:28 PM UTC
I would write again and this time say " You disgusting piece of S***, put my G*ddamn guntrucks on or I will PT your sorry a** until you die maggot."

Well, not quite like that, maybe a little nicer!

~Chip #:-)
mrs_selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 225 Posts
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2003 - 04:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

One episode of Conquest was pretty good - they explained all the ancient weapons like the mace, hammer, various swords, etc. and demonstrated how they are best used. Pretty funny - they were really crackin' each other in their armored suits with the things! The pole axe was rather good, you'd catch somebody around the ankle and pull their foot out from under them, then give 'em a good wallop with the ten-pound pointy end.

I watched that episode with Selrach, I thought it was great! We usually tune in to Mail Call when its on or when we're not involved in something else. One of the really good programs on the history channel. I hope its around for a long time !!

I think it would be cool having him put together a model! LOL

gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 04:36 AM UTC
I have the mini-R Lee Ermey figure right off of his web site - comes autographed by him on the box!!! You should check out the sound boards on the web where you can play back his best phrases although I should warn you they are R-rated. Now drop down and give me 20 you maggot!

GR8Voyager
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2003 - 05:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You should check out the sound boards on the web where you can play back his best phrases although I should warn you they are R-rated.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket.html

I've got it bookmarked here at work, and frequently 'let one out'.